The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Jaskier said:

If they can shorten Tzeentch's hero phases without reducing the spell power of the army, I think we'd all be very happy. I always feel so bad for anyone who brings them to a tournament and has to stay in a time limit 😅 I swear the ones that do manage it are the most efficient AoS players around. 

Lizards and lumineth have the same issue. 

I took part in a tournament a couple of weeks ago, played against lizards and lumineth, both their hero phases took so long. 

One of the big things I'm a fan of in the 3rd Ed battletomes is the streamlining of rules. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, pnkdth said:

Popular armies get more attention and releasing new books for these armies is like printing money for GW.

All those DoK, LRL, and SoB players will have to update themselves with a fresh tome. Main reason some armies don't get new tomes, despite needing it, is because it is not worth it for GW to do so. They slot them in between the main armies, AKA the moneymakers, and let the bottom tier factions live with the Hope™ GW will address their issues in a WD/TC/GHB.

TL;DR: GW's ways are neither random or mysterious. Just follow the money and the reason for why certain armies get preferential treatment start to make sense.

The opposite is also true. Some armies get no support at all in terms of models or rules and so remain unpopular. People don't buy them and GW carries on ignoring them. Skaven have had 2 heroes in 7 years and many models are metal. Just a book won't fix that. Gits have great models but awful rules. They just need a book. BOC are a nice idea that has been abandoned almost completely. Fyreslayers are an opportunity missed by taking a chance on having every model be an almost identical naked dwarf.

GW isn't a small scale company where you can argue that they don't have the resources to support large chunks of their product line. Ad to that their quality control and proof reading on books is appaling. They probably need to cut the number of factions by souping them and then give better support. BOC into STD, all the dwarfs together, orcs and gits. Remaining dark Elves into DOC etc.

They do so much that is right and amazing and make money because of it but that doesn't excuse a multi billion pound company living in amateur hour in many other aspects. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

22 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Hints from @Whitefang in regards to their getting a Battletome and the Critters being a part of a new Gargant it.

GW is confusing with BTs as DOK didnt need one so soon after yet got one.

Im hoping that the Maneaters are going to become a multi part kit!! I wouldnt be suprised to see them as a Warcry Warband.

Weren't critters hinted to be part of a new faction ?

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

Weren't critters hinted to be part of a new faction ?

There were both comments in posts thay recieved reactions. However the critters have been mentioned in both the Sons of Behemat Battletome and Seasons of War Thondia, both in regards to the Gargants.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

Which surprises me, because from what I've heard Gloomspite Gitz was extremely well received when it launched, and it's aesthetic is highly praised. 

An army can still be well received and liked while simultaneously be considered as not meeting expectations from GW's perspective. Basically, if an army is a huge hit with a smaller crowd it won't be a commercial hit. I'm not making any comment on X or Y army, merely commenting on how GW rolls out releases. Because if you start to factor in popularity + sales into the release schedule things start to make sense.

2 hours ago, Laststand said:

The opposite is also true. Some armies get no support at all in terms of models or rules and so remain unpopular. People don't buy them and GW carries on ignoring them. Skaven have had 2 heroes in 7 years and many models are metal. Just a book won't fix that. Gits have great models but awful rules. They just need a book. BOC are a nice idea that has been abandoned almost completely. Fyreslayers are an opportunity missed by taking a chance on having every model be an almost identical naked dwarf.

GW isn't a small scale company where you can argue that they don't have the resources to support large chunks of their product line. Ad to that their quality control and proof reading on books is appaling. They probably need to cut the number of factions by souping them and then give better support. BOC into STD, all the dwarfs together, orcs and gits. Remaining dark Elves into DOC etc.

They do so much that is right and amazing and make money because of it but that doesn't excuse a multi billion pound company living in amateur hour in many other aspects. 

I do not disagree with certain factions getting too little attention. My point was that I do not find it particularly surprising to see certain factions getting more attention because, at its core, GW is a business with stakeholders who are not satisfied with just profits they demand a hefty return on investments. So while they definitely could give each faction proper support, they also ask themselves what is "good enough" for us keep spending. For example, if we keep buying battletomes which always require clarification and FAQs there is no incentive for them to change practices.

Filler armies, i.e. the ones that get slotted between the commercially successful ones, often end up with minor additions to their model range and a battletome. Occasionally, a faction meets the criteria for an overhaul and we see a bigger push.

Yeah, it isn't all doom and gloom and it is frustrating to see some factions languishing in purgatory with old janky rules and outdated models. The 3:e tomes themselves, have been been solid with the exception of FS. AoS, in general, is in a decent spot.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Remember when eels were really good? 

Imagine eels but they can teleport away after they fight.

So excited for sylvaneth!

Offensive eels you mean? New bugs are going to be like them or smth?

4 hours ago, pnkdth said:

Yeah, it isn't all doom and gloom and it is frustrating to see some factions languishing in purgatory with old janky rules and outdated models. The 3:e tomes themselves, have been been solid with the exception of FS. AoS, in general, is in a decent spot.

Exactly. Plus they will get to those armies at some point. The only one I would be “concerned” with is Cities but that’s only because I think they will get merged into Dawnbringer Crusades and some kits would go legacy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/28/2022 at 12:13 PM, Raviv said:

I guess I missed something. Are there any news/leaks about a new LRL battletome and/or minis?

Everything we know so far from for LRL from this site*:

• New book with old bladelords artwork for cover
  • One new model
  • Most likely coming with a Tzeentch force
  • "Sentinels 24" reach, need LOS and lambent is changed though I dont know how"
  • "Wind Spirits no longer move in opponents phase"
  • "Stonemage can let the Stoneguard do MWs on 5s and 6s"

*May have missed some info or misinterpreted something so there may be more, less, or got something wrong!

Edited by RyantheFett
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RyantheFett said:

Everything we know so far from for LRL from this site*:

• New book with old bladelords artwork for cover
  • One new model
  • Most likely coming with a Tzeentch force
  • Sentinels 24" reach, need LOS and lambent is changed though I dont know how
  • Wind Spirits no longer move in opponents phase
  • Stonemage can let the Stoneguard do MWs on 5s and 6s

*May have missed some info or misinterpreted something so there may be more, less, or got something is wrong!

Do we know if the Tzeentch force is gonna come with a new hero model? If so is it a brand new "character" or an updated sculpt?

edit: thank the prophet @Whitefang for liking my post, and therefore confirming a new hero is on the way for the Architect of Fate aka the line of Arabian/Persian inspired warriors.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Preorder reveal and no Sylvaneth book sadly. Maybe next week. 😭

FYI The Horus heresy is an extended preorder release so it more like three weeks before the next preorder window.

43 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Do we know if the Tzeentch force is gonna come with a new hero model? If so is it a brand new "character" or an updated sculpt?

if the boxset is true then yes there should be a new Tzeentch hero in box just like every boxset. What the hero going to be is anybody guess right now.

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

FYI The Horus heresy is an extended preorder release so it more like three weeks before the next preorder window.

Annoying to say the least. Especially when we know so many of our books are just sitting in warehouses.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

IMO the only model that desperately needs a resculpt is the fatemaster, but the blue scribes and the herald on disk are both still finecast too so who knows. I really hope it's the fatemaster, tzeentch doesn't need another new throwaway character. 

9 minutes ago, novakai said:

Aww what?! Thats actually quite frustrating for the Sylvaneth and Skaven players.

Just now, Mutton said:

Annoying to say the least. Especially when we know so many of our books are just sitting in warehouses.

Maybe the 3 week AOSpalooza is after this 3 week period? Maybe we are getting both Tomes and Sylvaneth models alongside Warcry soon?

• Like 1

June 4th: HH preorder week 1

June 11th: HH preorder week 2

June 18th: HH release date, earliest possible Sylvaneth/Skaven book preorder

June 25th: Earliest possible Sylvaneth/Skaven book release date, 40k preorder date

July 2nd: 40k release date, earliest possible GHB preorder date 

July 9th: earliest possible GHB release date 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Exactly. Plus they will get to those armies at some point. The only one I would be “concerned” with is Cities but that’s only because I think they will get merged into Dawnbringer Crusades and some kits would go legacy. 

Yeah, CoS has had that danger looming over them. Many kits are ancient.

One thing which really is concerning me though is how GW is increasing the price of their boxes for each release. I was almost interested in Necromunda and Kill Team (especially the new traitor guard) but it seems they're going to increase the price for each new box by about 15-20$ for each release. The Necromunda price point is comical. Thankfully there are tons of awesome games on that scale for the fraction of the cost. We're seen similar pricing with Thondia too and, just because it is fresh in my memory, the way they modified FS kits made the army exponentially more expensive to get into.

I won't get into another rant about GW pricing, at least not till we see what's what with the next season and GHB. 😆

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Aww what?! Thats actually quite frustrating for the Sylvaneth and Skaven players.

Maybe the 3 week AOSpalooza is after this 3 week period? Maybe we are getting both Tomes and Sylvaneth models alongside Warcry soon?

Don't forget, as per the roadmap, the Sylvaneth and Skaven books aren't coming until summer which doesn't start until 21st June so we're always going to be waiting regardless of the HH 3 week preorder window. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Don't forget, as per the roadmap, the Sylvaneth and Skaven books aren't coming until summer which doesn't start until 21st June so we're always going to be waiting regardless of the HH 3 week preorder window. 

Very true mate, very true.

54 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The CSM release has not happen yet, I would assume it comming sooner rather then later after the Horus heresy release as it is a rather sizeable  release.

there also necromunda and they tend to slot those release in between big releases

Edited by novakai

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/29/sunday-preview-the-age-of-darkness-descends/
Okay….. now the 3-week release makes sense. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m definitely picking up the box and the liner hereticus. Looks like my Night Lords are about to make the jump to 30k.

Let them know that we are coming!!!

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

edit: thank the prophet @Whitefang for liking my post, and therefore confirming a new hero is on the way for the Architect of Fate aka the line of Arabian/Persian inspired warriors.

2021-04-27.jpg

• Sad 1