The Rumour Thread

I also think that dawnbringer crusade gonna come as the next starter box edittion.

But as you said gonna be a mix with stormcast,gw wont release a starter box that dont have posterboys(40k never had a box without marines and aos also have had stormcast in every single one)

Some as the old boxes of firestorms as tempest eye with dwarfs and stormcasts.

I guess 2 humans heroes with 2 humans units and 2 sc heroes with 2 sc units and then the bad boys,i wish skavens with new models 

The Dawnbringer was also billed as a huge muti year event so I could see several factions getting pulled into the event.

Also didn't some leaks somewhere talk about Cities getting a warband or something soonish? May give us a hint into what the new stuff may look like for humans.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

The Dawnbringer was also billed as a huge muti year event so I could see several factions getting pulled into the event.

Also wouldn't it be sick if we got a mini of (Spoiler for the book 'Dominion')

Spoiler

Zagora as her "Dawnbringer" Stormcast self?!?!

Your use of that title just made me think of it.

Edited by willange
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, willange said:

Also wouldn't it be sick if we got a mini of (Spoiler for the book 'Dominion')

Reveal hidden contents

Zagora as her "Dawnbringer" Stormcast self?!?!

Your use of that title just made me think of it.

Mate I would love that Character to get a model!!

1 hour ago, Aleser said:

Is that creature from rumor engines?

Untitled.png

Thats a Spite, the creatures from the Rumour Engines worship Gargants and live in Lake Hoarfrost which is a footprint of Ymnog.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, Rachmani said:

SoB are essentially a thankful army to update.

Just two new kits and they’re done.

Small Gargants, Big Gargants, Mega Gargants & a shift from 4 megas to something like 1 Mega, 2-3 big ones, 6ish small ones.

Id love a 3rd Gargant size but I feel like the Megas and Mancrushers are perfect as is. Keep adding different variants to the Megas and update the Mancrusher model kit and theyre set!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Id love a 3rd Gargant size but I feel like the Megas and Mancrushers are perfect as is. Keep adding different vairants to the Megas and update the Mancrusher model kit and theyre set!!

Mancrushers should get updated first. A third size of Gargants can wait 'til AoS 4 ;). It's not like I'm unreasonable =D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Have there been any rumours about the full chaos warriors kit and knights kit being released come winter? Instead of the mono pose ones in the SC Box we have now. 

Better than rumors: in the corner of one of the leaked pics there was a chaos warrior that matched the new sculpts, but was holding a banner. I’m betting we will get multipart warriors, but I didn’t see the same for knights. It’s still possible, but no evidence yet. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Rachmani said:

Mancrushers should get updated first. A third size of Gargants can wait 'til AoS 4 ;). It's not like I'm unreasonable =D

Oh mate I have a major gut feeling that one of the new monsters that they will release for the next edition of Warcry will be an updated Mancrusher!!

15 hours ago, Doko said:

I also think that dawnbringer crusade gonna come as the next starter box edittion.

But as you said gonna be a mix with stormcast,gw wont release a starter box that dont have posterboys(40k never had a box without marines and aos also have had stormcast in every single one)

Some as the old boxes of firestorms as tempest eye with dwarfs and stormcasts.

I guess 2 humans heroes with 2 humans units and 2 sc heroes with 2 sc units and then the bad boys,i wish skavens with new models 

Someone posted a theory about the starter sets a while back.

1. Stormcast vs Chaos
2. Stormcast vs Death
3. Stormcast vs Destruction
4. Stormcast vs Order (Dawnbringer Crusade???)

What if in AoS 4.0 Stormcast became the maybe they arent so good after all vs Dawnbringer Crusades.

Could also be something like Dawnbringer Crusades + Stormcast versus rest of Order because they arent seeing eye to eye anymore. I think something like this is highly plausible. Edit: Something like this would make CoS/Dawbringers the imperial guard of the marines and seems like a very GW thing to do. 

I dont think Skaven will be part of a starter set, maybe something like the Soulblight release at the end of 3rd or 4th edition. 

Edited by Iksdee

31 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Someone posted a theory about the starter sets a while back.

1. Stormcast vs Chaos
2. Stormcast vs Death
3. Stormcast vs Destruction
4. Stormcast vs Order (Dawnbringer Crusade???)

What if in AoS 4.0 Stormcast became the maybe they arent so good after all vs Dawnbringer Crusades.

Could also be something like Dawnbringer Crusades + Stormcast versus rest of Order because they arent seeing eye to eye anymore. I think something like this is highly plausible. Edit: Something like this would make CoS/Dawbringers the imperial guard of the marines and seems like a very GW thing to do. 

I dont think Skaven will be part of a starter set, maybe something like the Soulblight release at the end of 3rd or 4th edition. 

So next big box could be order vs order?

Easy, Tyrion vs Malerion LETS GOOOOO

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chikout said:

You say this like it's a bad thing. It's pretty great that come Christmas time, I'll be able to find most of this year's big boxes to buy as Christmas Presents. Sure it might not be great for GW's profits but it's good for us, especially if gw decide to do another sale this year. I got Dominion for ¥20,000 last year. In a country where LGS never do sales, it was the best Warhammer deal I've found for a while. 

To get back on the rumour track, what are the chances of 4th edition launching with some new cities of sigmar models in the box? The time frame lines up pretty well, and after the situation with Dominion it might be time for GW to try something new. 

I wasn't really trying to portray it as something negative but in a way it is.

GW only has a limited production capacity and they've shown difficulties in keeping their stock replenished over the past 2 years. Ask any new Aeldari player how they're enjoying their Fire Prisms right now. That was a joke btw because new Aeldari players with Fire Prusms don't exist as the model has been OOS basically constantly for nearly 3 months now. If GW is putting their priorities in new products that then barely move any of the vast quantities of stock they create at the detriment of existing stuff then that isn't really good for anyone.

There's also the waste issue. Excess stock seems to just get destroyed or discarded (judging by the shocking amounts of products sitting on pallets at the back of GWs warehouse) which is horrendously irresponsible. The carbon footprint of this hobby is also something nobody likes to talk about and if there's all this energy and material going into creating an absurd excess of product that will never move or see use then that's really, really bad.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bosskelot said:

There's also the waste issue. Excess stock seems to just get destroyed or discarded (judging by the shocking amounts of products sitting on pallets at the back of GWs warehouse) which is horrendously irresponsible. The carbon footprint of this hobby is also something nobody likes to talk about and if there's all this energy and material going into creating an absurd excess of product that will never move or see use then that's really, really bad.

As others have mentioned, that was all stock which had been caught in the sewer line leak last year.  Stock which has (or indeed, might have) been contaminated by human waste can never be sold or given away; while UK consumer standards have dropped thanks to brexit they aren't that low yet! 💩

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Wasn't there a post about a sewer leak & that they had to throw away stuff?

Check one of my posts a few pages or watch this video

As mentioned, there was a sewer leak and because it would have been near or in human waste (eww), as well as being damaged, they had to throw it away.

As @Armoured has mentioned, thankfully standards haven’t dropped enough to allow companies to do that!!!! 🤮

12 minutes ago, xking said:

Anybody know what's up with these Warhammer and magic: the gathering crossover?

Its 40K focused and using the Commander rules but I think there is a Secret Lair Age of Sigmar set coming. Looks really good in my opinion.

• Like 1