The Rumour Thread

Just now, Gaz Taylor said:

I tend to find with some of the newer models where it looks “meh” you need to see it in person. I always change my opinion once this has happened!

GW's presentation tend to be super clean/sharp since it has to work against any background and diorama.

29 minutes ago, Enoby said:

On the other hand though, I'm worried this may end up as a Slaanesh 2, wherein the models are great but the rules... kind of not so much.

What pushed me out of Slaanesh was that their warscrolls were meh at best (only Sigvald and Glutos have cool abilities), and their battle traits didn't have anything interesting. We are talking about Slaanesh here, the prince weird stuff

I expected crazy stuff. Cycling artifacts every turn (like Nurgle Wheel but for artifacts), a table of temptations (KoS-style with a lot of other cool options), controlling enemy units (Mesmerizing Mirror but upgraded to 20) or even taking them as coalition units, a table of perfumes that affects units within 3" in diferent ways (Glutos style), etc.

Instead, Slaanesh ended with explosive 6s to hit like Savage Orcs (nothing wrong with the green dudes, but I expected something more refined for our Hedonites), an ambush subfaction (?) or multi-hero subfaction. That's a missed oportunity in my book.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Not a massive fan of the new Prince, looks a bit gormless - like they've been sent down to battle but got concussion on the landing so decided to pose for a while. Think it's mostly just the face and its expression, so I'm really hoping for alternative heads.

The leaked photo shows and alternate version of the Daemon Prince. I think it's safe to say there'll be plenty of options for building the kit, as is tradition.

• Like 3

I think the face is actually a really interesting bit of work - I don't like it. It looks creepy and wrong and ick and that's EXACTLY what human transformed and mutated with chaotic powers should look like. Thus I think its excellent work.

It's perhaps less "this is a devil" type demon prince, which is what the previous one was, and thus one is more "here's a human who wound up with a demon exploding out of them". 

I also really want to see the new kit's options and hope it comes with a lot of internal variety. What will also be interesting is if it has any 40K parts or if GW is going to do two kits - one for 40K and one for AoS 

• Like 2

I don't know why they're keeping the Destruction Battletomes a surprise. There's only Gloomspite and Ogres who haven't received a new Battletome.

It could be Sons already of course - it's not impossible - but since they're not Elves, that seems unlikely. Plus with the big StD release hot on their trail I doubt it'd be a big, new army wave.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Not a massive fan of the new Prince, looks a bit gormless - like they've been sent down to battle but got concussion on the landing so decided to pose for a while. Think it's mostly just the face and its expression, so I'm really hoping for alternative heads.

Yeah, if you get rid of the face so you can't see it, the rest of the model actually looks pretty amazing. The derpy mouth/eyes/weird lips really ruin it.

image.png.9cf73bde58d6a7781056b7814bb9255b.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Now, we cannot say anything for definite with just a single bad scroll without the context of the rest of the book. Maybe the "Mark of Chaos" ability will double all attacks, or there'll be a special faction that massively buffs daemon princes, or the prince is only 150 points - there's loads we don't know.

What we know is that Orruk Megaboss is 140 points and last time I checked he did not have  wings, 18 attacks (some with -2 rend), MWs dealing sword and a ward save. You really think 150 is the appropriate pricing?

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

What pushed me out of Slaanesh was that their warscrolls were meh at best (only Sigvald and Glutos have cool abilities), and their battle traits didn't have anything interesting. We are talking about Slaanesh here, the prince weird stuff

Oh yeah, I agree that was the main problem. Though it is what I was talking about in this case too - one of the biggest complaints I see about S2D is that they don't feel like a dreadful horde of superpowered mortals on Chaos. They feel like kind of tanky pillow fisted chumps who just so happened to employ a whole host of sprinters (marauders) and have a strong boss (Archaon). Other than that, S2D are often seen as quite dull when it comes to warscrolls and not the threatening killer vikings they're described as.

I'm worried that new S2D will continue this trend, where selling your soul to chaos doesn't make you meaningfully stronger. It's a very similar problem to Khorne in many ways, but S2D are actually fun to play even if they're narratively not fitting.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Since there is another chaos and order  battle tome in the autumn the question is which they are. Chaos I guess Beast of Chaos or Khorne?

I'm thinking Tzeentch. Never got a white dwarf update, probably isn't getting a bunch of new models.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flippy said:

What we know is that Orruk Megaboss is 140 points and last time I checked he did not have  wings, 18 attacks (some with -2 rend), MWs dealing sword and a ward save. You really think 150 is the appropriate pricing?

The daemon prince has 5 attacks, not 18 :) The Megaboss has 8 at a similar quality. 

IMG-20220429-WA0010.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

Oh yeah, I agree that was the main problem. Though it is what I was talking about in this case too - one of the biggest complaints I see about S2D is that they don't feel like a dreadful horde of superpowered mortals on Chaos. They feel like kind of tanky pillow fisted chumps who just so happened to employ a whole host of sprinters (marauders) and have a strong boss (Archaon). Other than that, S2D are often seen as quite dull when it comes to warscrolls and not the threatening killer vikings they're described as.

I'm worried that new S2D will continue this trend, where selling your soul to chaos doesn't make you meaningfully stronger. It's a very similar problem to Khorne in many ways, but S2D are actually fun to play even if they're narratively not fitting.

Indeed. For some reason the Designers REALLY try to avoid to leave old Warscroll stats and bad design behind. They just copy, paste and change it a little.

of all my 12 factions I dislike S2D and FeC the most. Dull repetitive effects.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

I just saw this myself. I hope it's a typo. Immediately killed the hype.

For those interested, here is the average damage of the daemon prince vs a megaboss on foot. 

No buffs included (including heroic actions). Saves for from 2+ at the top and - at the bottom.

Screenshot_20220429-182030_Chrome.jpg

This is so much to take in! What an amazing surprise I really didn't expect to see so many new refreshes, let alone new units entirely! I'm expecting this is everything to be revealed at Warhammer Fest. Skaven would be the icing on top, but I'm gonna set my hype to not expect them. 

How does everyone feel about the possibility of Chorfs being confined to StD? I'm a bit disappointed of not having a full new BT with solely dedicated lore and art but if the warband is fully customisable for either blunderbuss or bonk sticks, and with possible other tie in units, that'll still be good. 

God I'm excited for this. 

• LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I tend to find with some of the newer models where it looks “meh” you need to see it in person. I always change my opinion once this has happened!

Yeah, It is an insanely detailed model and taken from an angle that makes some of the detail blend. Although the paint job is better than I could ever accomplish it also makes the different areas less clear. 

• Like 1

Just now, EntMan said:

Destructive Silent People?

Nope....
@Black_Templar_LadHashut warband could be just a tasty preview of a full new battletome for the future....the warcry warbands are just random groups that battles in the eightpoints and some chaos dwarves swore fealty to the Everchosen.
Still they could (and imho WILL) have their own army.

• Like 1