The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

@Whitefang RETURNS!! Please oh benevolent one, may we have a hint of the vaguest of references to absolutely anything to parch these dry mouths in this great AOS drought.

Well he heart reacted my post about D&D covers so clearly he's telling us that GW is going to acquire WotC and make all D&D releases space marine related!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I thought I recalled originally seeing something earlier but right now Amazon is saying the paperback for Cursed City returns May 10th.

Probably a good chance that date coincides with the return of the Cursed City box, or at least close to it

• Like 1

So interesting thing I noticed in Fury of the Deep and correct me if I'm wrong as I don't have the current Fyreslayers battletome, but was the hornblower for Vulkite Berserkers always 1 in 5?  Maybe 5-duardin Vulkite Berserker units in the new battletome if that's new?

Edit: Helps if I say which unit's hornblower.

Edited by Copywolf
Clarification of unit

16 minutes ago, Copywolf said:

So interesting thing I noticed in Fury of the Deep and correct me if I'm wrong as I don't have the current Fyreslayers battletome, but was the hornblower for Vulkite Berserkers always 1 in 5?  Maybe 5-duardin Vulkite Berserker units in the new battletome if that's new?

Edit: Helps if I say which unit's hornblower.

In the current Battletome it's 1 in 5.

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

My Ogors chances of love this Edition are diminishing!! Come on GW they're the Destruction Faction in most need of love!!

It would be cool to have a spin off army base on firebelly model of sun eater worshippers ogors. 

99810213004_FirebellyNEW01.jpg

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I haven't yet read Day of Ascension but i am excited to do so, despite never having read any 40k - the author Adrian Tchaikovsky is responsible for some of my favourite sci fi work of the last few years! (I highly recommend Children of Time).

It's v exciting to see him doing a 40k book...now just need him to take one step further and do AOS!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I haven't yet read Day of Ascension but i am excited to do so, despite never having read any 40k - the author Adrian Tchaikovsky is responsible for some of my favourite sci fi work of the last few years! (I highly recommend Children of Time).

It's v exciting to see him doing a 40k book...now just need him to take one step further and do AOS!

+1

I really liked his Shadow of the Apt series. He could basically write in the same universe and... Silent People confirmed 🐜😅

• Like 1

Firebellies are cool, but I have a few issues design-wise with them.

But I have a fix!

First, we make them shorter, to truly be at peak performance. Their facial hair game isn't the best, so let's give them bushy braided beards. Maybe gnarly tusks too. I like the fire-theme, but it needs more pazazz. If we add some bull-heads to the mix, it'll stand out more. Suggested colour scheme should be red and brass. I don't want to weight shame them, so "Firebellies" has to go. I propose we name them something more pc, but still retain the heat theme. How about...Furnace Kings? Pretty good overhaul!

• Like 5
  • Haha 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Firebellies are cool, but I have a few issues design-wise with them.

But I have a fix!

First, we make them shorter, to truly be at peak performance. Their facial hair game isn't the best, so let's give them bushy braided beards. Maybe gnarly tusks too. I like the fire-theme, but it needs more pazazz. If we add some bull-heads to the mix, it'll stand out more. Suggested colour scheme should be red and brass. I don't want to weight shame them, so "Firebellies" has to go. I propose we name them something more pc, but still retain the heat theme. How about...Furnace Kings? Pretty good overhaul!

Bah!, Duardin, Ogors, Humans, Aelves, Seraphon, Skaven, Demons, Orruks, Grots and Skeletons, are all overrepresented in AOS.

Give us what we really need:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/19/army-spotlight-halflings-of-the-mortal-realmsgw-homepage-post-2/
Chris-Coles-Sept19-Rider8fds.jpg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Hopefully in a few hours we will have confirmation of reveals for next Saturdays LVO!! Which means speculation can begin anew and in a week AOS will be back baby!!* **

*Hopefully. 

**I'm terrible at editing.

20220123_133531.jpg

I sure hope so. 

Got the hype of Total War to tide me over but oh man it would be great to have another preview soon!

• Like 1

Let the Hype rise up ! I'm sure the first half of 2022 will have its share of Battletomes releases (at least Nighthaunt, given the rumor engines and the "age" of the existing tome, and probably Fyreslayers and Idoneth following Fury of the Deep, so that still make 3).

What I am the most excited about is the new season of Warhammer Underworld (Human Priests / Witch Hunters ; Shadow Aelves ; Shadow Skaven, Frankenstein-esque Necromancers and Zombies according to the reliable leak from this very thread) annnnd Cursed city expansions :P Bring It On !

Oh and the potential Warcry 2nd Edition. I remember cleary a 4chan leak that was FOR ONCE accurate ; they told us about Darkoath vs Spider Cultists (not Spiderfangs) in Red Harvest and about a potential new edition of Warcry - Red Harvest being the Pariah Nexus boxed set of Kill Team before its reboot...

• Like 3

I have some rules rumours that aren't super exciting, but are relatively reliable (GW could change things ofc).

One is that Sharks will get battleline when taken in a specific enclave (maybe Fuethan?) and further buffs from that enclave.

Second, that thralls will be significantly more viable due to additional support from rules we haven't seen yet.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I have some rules rumours that aren't super exciting, but are relatively reliable (GW could change things ofc).

One is that Sharks will get battleline when taken in a specific enclave (maybe Fuethan?) and further buffs from that enclave.

Second, that thralls will be significantly more viable due to additional support from rules we haven't seen yet.

This is great news if it proves true, thralls are such cool sculpts and I would love to see them get more play. Also I feel everyone loves Sharks so that is also great. I also think the suggestion of additional rule support will hopefully apply to the firey side of the recent box. 😊

This plus the upcoming LVO... could it be that the hype train is starting to chug along!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I've seen math on thralls based purely on the warscroll and 1-2 of the new hero and its already pretty nasty.

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Let the Hype rise up ! I'm sure the first half of 2022 will have its share of Battletomes releases (at least Nighthaunt, given the rumor engines and the "age" of the existing tome, and probably Fyreslayers and Idoneth following Fury of the Deep, so that still make 3).

What I am the most excited about is the new season of Warhammer Underworld (Human Priests / Witch Hunters ; Shadow Aelves ; Shadow Skaven, Frankenstein-esque Necromancers and Zombies according to the reliable leak from this very thread) annnnd Cursed city expansions :P Bring It On !

Oh and the potential Warcry 2nd Edition. I remember cleary a 4chan leak that was FOR ONCE accurate ; they told us about Darkoath vs Spider Cultists (not Spiderfangs) in Red Harvest and about a potential new edition of Warcry - Red Harvest being the Pariah Nexus boxed set of Kill Team before its reboot...

Was there any hints as to what Warbands we could see!?