The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Oh my sweet, sweet summer child... Have you not realized that this is the winter of our discontent and we don't get anything, let alone nice things?

City of Sigmar Warbands would be really awesome though... 

We get plenty of nice things, we are getting Space Lumineth and Chaos Bitz attached to Space Marines. 😢

Heck if we are really good we might even get a single hero release for an army desperately in need of more models. 😭

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

not asking for sympathy :) just acknowledgement that new Stormcast waves aren't ALL OP/broken units. We all deserve fun and/or interesting warscrolls

As someone who wants a cool looking unit of Vanquishers in my cities army I'm certainly not disagreeing with you there.

• Like 2

I always liked the look of the Collector's Editons but I just could not bring myself to buy one... Paying that much extra for borderless front cover and a little gold trim just doesn't seem worth it.

Now, if that hardback battletome came in a steelbook case like a proper Collector's Edition... Then we'd be talking. 😎

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Maogrim said:

I always liked the look of the Collector's Editons but I just could not bring myself to buy one... Paying that much extra for borderless front cover and a little gold trim just doesn't seem worth it.

Now, if that hardback battletome came in a steelbook case like a proper Collector's Edition... Then we'd be talking. 😎

They should have different tiers of battletomes:
Hardcover collectors editions, softcover editions, pdf editions, b/w ringbound digest sized editions for reference, and finally some random and hastily photocopied pages with a paper clip for those of who play multiple armies on a budget. 😏

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

I enjoy collecting gaming books, but special edition battletomes are one I just won't touch with a barge pole. The very limited added "niceness" relative to the huge additional cost just makes them a joke. If they had a shiny varient cover like the spellbook styled editions of the D&D manuals that would be one thing( though still too pricey). But its not as though the title really gets in the way on the regular edition books, so the limited editions just seem a complete cop out. 

I'm happy for those who like them for sure. But to me it just seems you are paying a huge price just tp be able to show off that you splashed out, not for a significantly better or even different product.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, The Red King said:

As someone who wants a cool looking unit of Vanquishers in my cities army I'm certainly not disagreeing with you there.

Honestly nurgle tome got my hype REALLY high for the blood god

its strong with fluffy and thematic rules

On the other hand i wont see a khorne tome until 2023 at this point

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The price of the LE Tomes was never worth it to me. Maybe if it had a unique, as in totally different, cover to the standard and came with extra art pages or something.  

I buy every LE cover D&D book because they have a really nice alternate art cover AND they're the same price as the regular ones, so I don't even want to try to justify GW's LE tomes, but I couldn't if I did.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I buy every LE cover D&D book because they have a really nice alternate art cover AND they're the same price as the regular ones, so I don't even want to try to justify GW's LE tomes, but I couldn't if I did.

oof really, they're the same price for DND?? Glad I've passed on even the Black Library LEs...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

oof really, they're the same price for DND?? Glad I've passed on even the Black Library LEs...

They are indeed, with the caveat that they are limited to brick and mortar gaming stores, so you tend to buy them at close to RRP. The non limited books tend to end up on amazon a fair bit cheaper than RRP, so while there technically isn't a markup, in practice you end up paying slightly more (though no where near the markup on GW's supposedly "premium" books).

That said I tend to think that supporting my local gaming store makes it more than worth it, and they don't come out so regularly that it becomes too much of an issue. So far I've bought every single 5e book from the same local store, and I don't plan on changing that any time soon.

It used to be the case that you could also get the limited edition cover a week early in your local game shop, while online retailers had to wait. That hasn't survived pandemic logistics unfortunately, and these days you're lucky to get any of them on the release date.

Games workshop could definitely learn a thing or two from that business model though. If you want us to pay for a product, you have to make it one worth paying for.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

They actually made the Limited Edition covers worse in 3.0. Originally it was just the full piece of art without any headers or letters, because it wasn't going to be sat on a store shelf having to tell people what it was.

Now they slap the AGE OF SIGMAR title on there in big letters and you're paying £20 more (even more if you buy normal Battletomes at a discount) just to make the cover a bit shiny but otherwise identical. 

At least the 8th edition 40k ones had alternate cover art. Still not worth the price but the novelty was there.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

I feel like this is same 4chan rumours regurgitated and reposted for the thousandth time, but Rumour Thread disappeared from TGA's front page and I find that emotionally distressing (My name is Public Universal Duardin and I am a rumour thread addict)

https://spikeybits.com/2022/01/games-workshop-new-releases-roadmap-for-early-2022.html

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I feel like this is same 4chan rumours regurgitated and reposted for the thousandth time, but Rumour Thread disappeared from TGA's front page and I find that emotionally distressing (My name is Public Universal Duardin and I am a rumour thread addict)

https://spikeybits.com/2022/01/games-workshop-new-releases-roadmap-for-early-2022.html

Yeah, it's just the 4chan educated guess """leaks""".

Ask a random person on this thread and they probably know more than SpikeyBits. I wouldn't even dignify them with a link to their website. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

My favorite part about that article is how they think gloomspite is doing okay. 

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Those clickbait scumbags put 'roadmap' in the title to get people to look. Like GW does real roadmaps lol

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Seemed pretty unreliable, then they said new Chosen so I chose to believe it. 🤩

Although, I personally want them to update Chosen in terms of lore and models to be unmounted Varanguard!

Edited by Neverchosen

3 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I think that's just guess, at least for AOS part.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1