The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Skarloc said:

Hmmm.. isn't January supposed to get a Daemons & Mortals of Nurgle release? And later a Death rattle one? .. before Aelves..

as far as can tell... that's not based on anything. There are some teasers for the new storyline but it's mostly rumours based on interpretations of others again as far as I can tell. So I would expect Death first as Nagash will most likely kick off the story line, and I assume the nurgle teaser and hints were just based on the farmer slug hero. 

Related to the long black library post, near the end it mentions a new AOS trilogy pend by Nick Horth, found some new info, Called Callis and Toll: Silvershard  extending the story of characters from City of Secrets. Found a blurb at http://www.hugendubel.de/de/buch/nick_horth-warhammer_age_of_sigmar_callis_und_tol-30496965-produkt-details.html (translated)

"Witch hunter Hanniver Toll and former release soldier Armand Callis are following Ortam Vermyre, the treacherous judge of the city of Excelsis. Together with dangerous corsair queen Arika Zenthe and ace fish treasure hunter Shev Arclis, they must brave the dangerous waters and jungles of the Claw Coast to stop Vermyre before he reaches the lost city of Xoantica. In their forgotten ruins lies the silver shard, an artifact from another world with the power to change reality itself. If she falls into the hands of the arch-traitor, the fate of Excelsis and perhaps even all of the great Sigmar towns in Ghur - the realm of the beasts - is at stake"

16 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

Interesting, Xoantica definitely sounds like old school Lizardmen (or new school Seraphon). Wonder if it's a hint that they're not just the imaginations of Slann as proposed (or potentially imaginations run wild).

City of Secrets was cool, but way too short. Need me a proper meaty Witch Hunter novel.

Seraphon are created by the Slann but it's been confirmed in a White Dwarf magazine that they become more real and individual after a while, even mentioning how some go wild and native, they are essentially the same as before, but instead of birthing pools, they're created by Star Gods. :)  

1 hour ago, BrownDog said:

Related to the long black library post, near the end it mentions a new AOS trilogy pend by Nick Horth, found some new info, Called Callis and Toll: Silvershard  extending the story of characters from City of Secrets. Found a blurb at http://www.hugendubel.de/de/buch/nick_horth-warhammer_age_of_sigmar_callis_und_tol-30496965-produkt-details.html (translated)

"Witch hunter Hanniver Toll and former release soldier Armand Callis are following Ortam Vermyre, the treacherous judge of the city of Excelsis. Together with dangerous corsair queen Arika Zenthe and ace fish treasure hunter Shev Arclis, they must brave the dangerous waters and jungles of the Claw Coast to stop Vermyre before he reaches the lost city of Xoantica. In their forgotten ruins lies the silver shard, an artifact from another world with the power to change reality itself. If she falls into the hands of the arch-traitor, the fate of Excelsis and perhaps even all of the great Sigmar towns in Ghur - the realm of the beasts - is at stake"

Is the silver shard from another realm or the world-that-was? This would have potential lore ramifications.

So we are going to get something new for AoS in December. And it's... uh... another stormcast eternal...

40kNov23-Lord9gx-484x500.jpg

Meanwhile, in the Mortal Realms,  the Stormcast Eternals are receiving a new Lord-Celestant, featuring (for the first time) a bare head and a shield. If you’re looking to field an elite army with lots of commanders, or just want to make your leaders a little more durable against shooting, this guy is for you.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/23/revealed-new-warhammer-holiday-season

Edited by The Golem
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

She's left the labels on her new outfit. 

Pretty sure its another dudecast.

I would've much preferred a woman variant though. (Using Neave Blacktalon for a Venator conversion or she'd make an excellent Celestant.)

Im assuming this is the order herald model? So we just need to know the destruction one now... Good looking model though.

No mortal wounds, hammer cape for this fella though...

Edited by Vasshpit

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Pretty sure its another dudecast.

I would've much preferred a woman variant though. (Using Neave Blacktalon for a Venator conversion or she'd make an excellent Celestant.)

Im assuming this is the order herald model? So we just need to know the destruction one now... Good looking model though.

No, I don't think so. It's just an extra hero model for SC. It has nothing to do with the next years campaign.

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

No, I don't think so. It's just an extra hero model for SC. It has nothing to do with the next years campaign.

Yes, the article doesn't even mention Malign Portents, and says the Lord-Celestant is just another option.

But I like the idea (@Tonhel and Turragor) that this miniature was initially a special character / a Lord Commander !

Anyway, he is brilliant and metalhead-looking !

Edited by HorticulusTGA