The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, novakai said:

I would assume that the era of beast will last 3 years at least similar to how long soul wars lasted. Not to mention in 6 month majority of armies will not have a new tome out to play in the era of the beast.

supposely it can’t end until Kragnos and Kroak fight one more time

Absolutely mate!! 

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I think that is why I love the distinct factions within AoS. If you want an anthropomorphic army we got it in various flavours. You also forgot my personal favourites being the Snake Ladies and their Amazing Queen Goddess! Even the Chaos gods are slowly getting their own bestial followers once again. I also feel like we are at the threshold of some other fantastic anthropomorphic armies and subfactions, like Silent People and Kurnothi. 

I feel of those listed, that Beasts are in for a treat with the eventual return of Morghur and that Skaven will help bridge the narrative between Ghur and Ulgu.
Destruction are the stars of the edition but like Hysh last edition Ulgu will clearly be a major narrative focus that I think will tie into the main story towards the end. I feel like with the Soul Wars ending with Teclis throwing down with Nagash that this edition will end alternatively with Malerion's machinations tying into Kragnos et al. finally smashing Azyr. 

Of course the reptilian beauties!! I'd love to see an Anaconda Behemoth for them!!

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I love everything in the box and it would all find use in my army and on my battlefield. I am very tempted but simultaneously there are things that I want as much or more. I have been eyeing Varanguard since starting AOS and the possibility of expanded AoS models are more appealing. Heck I would prefer getting the broken realms box and adding additional chariots and using the gorebeasts for Chaos spawn. I am interviewing for a new job if it works out maybe I could justify it as a celebratory gift... but Be'Lakor or Smiley the Stormcast Dragon would be cooler purchases... 🐲🙂 = ❤️

With the rumoured lack of Battleforces, I might get Red Harvest as my big annual Warhammer purchase but only if the reviews indicate that the new Red Harvest rules are fun and can make up for the Warcry supplements I skipped. But overall I think I will bow out on this one in hopes that it will stick around and maybe with GW being more open to discounts it may be a future purchase... but that seems unlikely considering that these current discounts seem extremely measured and relating to storage space 😢

Good luck on the job front brother!!

• Thanks 1

I really hope they wont do the same than they did with sc tome in the next tomes( remove every ca and flavour of every unit) 

I dont mind( up to certain point) the powerlevel but a tome where every hero is only a statsstick with 0 utility and where every unit only have one skill doing them all very similar is horrible and unfun.

Im glad that my vampires wont get a tome for a while and my cos neither lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Absolutely mate!! 

Of course the reptilian beauties!! I'd love to see an Anaconda Behemoth for them!!

Good luck on the job front brother!!

I love the idea of an Anaconda Behemoth for the DoK. Thanks for the well wishes and the interview went well, it was for an opening in the company I work but I know I have stiff competition. I need to learn to not make references to Ogor Pirates in polite company though.  🧐

4 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

The Maggotkin bundle on the GW store is really tempting but I share peoples apprehension over what they're doing with the next book. I'd really hate to jump in and find the new tome is really bland, unenjoyable and weak.

EDIT: Never mind! It's disappeared solving my issues for me.

Being outside the UK I avoided the temptation entirely, I remember someone suggesting that online deals might be this year's version of battleforces... so we will see how my will power holds out. Luckily I have reached 2000 points for all my current armies and unless there is something utterly tempting (FEC, NH, HoS, or CoS) I will be able to resist. I do hope that GW makes an official announcement regarding the Battleforces though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Doko said:

I really hope they wont do the same than they did with sc tome in the next tomes( remove every ca and flavour of every unit) 

I dont mind( up to certain point) the powerlevel but a tome where every hero is only a statsstick with 0 utility and where every unit only have one skill doing them all very similar is horrible and unfun.

Im glad that my vampires wont get a tome for a while and my cos neither lol

That's exactly what I expect.

Better warscrolls overall integrating some of their abilities in their basic stats and profiles. I expect to see a lot less interactions based on slingshots and/or wombocombos, and I hope to see Maggotkin with a gameplay a bit more accurate to their lore.

Btw, I'm not worried by this design, the game is enough bloated with rare interactions.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 9:02 AM, The Red King said:

Sometimes I legitimately wonder if GW has seen the 3rd party xenos releases and decided it's not worth trying to catch up so please just play space marines.

I hope the rumored eldar range refresh hits early next year and makes this comment age like milk.

I fear this is why Seraphon haven’t been updated properly. Stuff like the Lost Kingdom miniatures puts the GW stuff (pre-2013 at least) to shame, and someone decided “well, so many people bought their stuff already so we just won’t bother”

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 11/11/2021 at 9:57 AM, Enoby said:

Unfortunately I think it's just the case that Xenos hardly sell as well as Space Marines. While it was ridiculously priced, Blood of the Phoenix stuck around for ages. In addition, the Ork box didn't sell out too quickly (nor did the limited edition book). It's a vicious cycle - not just about a lack of model support, but having the fanbase behind it not being as large or invested. 

I don’t like this narrative because it’s a self fulfilling prophecy that GW caused themselves. Space Marines, and Imperium in general, receive a much larger share of releases throughout the year than all Xenos and Chaos releases combined, so of course they’re going to have higher sales. People get sick of waiting and leave, or go and play one of the few factions GW actually seem to care about supporting.

Blood Of The Phoenix is very concerning because GW don’t seem to do any sort of market research into why something sold badly, all they care about is that it didn’t sell very well. I fear GW will turn that into a “the fans don’t want new plastic aspect warriors” narrative, when the truth was that box was way above the price point of every other dual army box at that point ($350nz vs $495nz), and it was a terrible box for exiting players as most Eldar players would already have the older stuff. The pairing of Eldar vs Dark Eldar was a poor choice in my opinion too, as most Eldar fans tend to like one and not the other, and due to the older models in the box it was harder to sell the half you didn’t want

• Like 8

I was thinking the other day- January should bring a new battletome with a decent model release due to the pattern of 40k releases. My thinking is the next 3 40k codex are all books + single model [thats up to Tau in January]. Three 40k books in a row is unlikely to be followed by another Codex straight away so AoS likely to get a release? 40k Chaos is likely early 2022 but I don't see it coming in January. Christmas/New Year reveals should be interesting! {no clue what is likely next}. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Enoby said:

Also, no matter how much you don't like a book, don't call for someone to be fired over it. There are so many reasons the book could have turned out like it did, including trying to fix the issues of the previous book (which came from a lot of community pressure). 

Unless we’re talking about Robin Crudance. how the hell he still has a job there, let alone got promoted to head rules writer for 40K, after the abomination that was his 5th edition Tyranids codex, I will never understand 

(context: in a White Dwarf article, I don’t remember which one nowadays, he expressed hatred against Tyranids killing his Imperial Guard in games. He wrote the 5th edition codex with a bias against them)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I was thinking the other day- January should bring a new battletome with a decent model release due to the pattern of 40k releases. My thinking is the next 3 40k codex are all books + single model [thats up to Tau in January]. Three 40k books in a row is unlikely to be followed by another Codex straight away so AoS likely to get a release? 40k Chaos is likely early 2022 but I don't see it coming in January. Christmas/New Year reveals should be interesting! {no clue what is likely next}. 

I would have predicted the next AoS release to be an update to a Gitz without a large model release attached. But we could see two books and a dual box, with one side getting a more major number of models. If so, I my bet would be on IDK or Nighthaunt, due to recent rumours and rumour engines.

42 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I don’t like this narrative because it’s a self fulfilling prophecy that GW caused themselves. Space Marines, and Imperium in general, receive a much larger share of releases throughout the year than all Xenos and Chaos releases combined, so of course they’re going to have higher sales. People get sick of waiting and leave, or go and play one of the few factions GW actually seem to care about supporting.

Blood Of The Phoenix is very concerning because GW don’t seem to do any sort of market research into why something sold badly, all they care about is that it didn’t sell very well. I fear GW will turn that into a “the fans don’t want new plastic aspect warriors” narrative, when the truth was that box was way above the price point of every other dual army box at that point ($350nz vs $495nz), and it was a terrible box for exiting players as most Eldar players would already have the older stuff. The pairing of Eldar vs Dark Eldar was a poor choice in my opinion too, as most Eldar fans tend to like one and not the other, and due to the older models in the box it was harder to sell the half you didn’t want

In addition to this, Space Marines feature in the immense majority of starter sets for 40k. Even tabletop players who don't care for Space Marines (but are open enough to not go through the hassle of selling them and instead decide to give them a shot) tend to have some from whatever starter set they might have bought, and in general you're gonna have more people buying from a particular faction if they have more boxes with big discounts in a hobby with an important barrier of entry in how expensive it is.

• Like 3

Just now, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Deep gitz?

What could it mean?(the dawi are called dwarf-gitz iirc).

Deepkin. I assume this comic is trying to set up a series of strips where a bunch of Gloomspite Gitz try to spy on other factions and ~shennanigans ensue~.

It's just that this comic has 90s role playing game magazine energy and you basically need to read the authors mind to decipher it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I don’t like this narrative because it’s a self fulfilling prophecy that GW caused themselves. 

And thats one big discussion on the 40k community: Does GW make more marines because people want them more or do people buy more marines because GW makes more marines stuff? Frankly I would say its both at this point but I wouldnt know wich one came first. 

One thing Im glad about AoS is that althought GW seems to be trying to turn SCE into marines we still have to reach 40k levels of faction favoritism. Sure, some factions could use some more love and even a refresh on their range but Im cautiously optimistic GW learned their lesson and wont repeat it with AoS (fingers crossed)

• Like 2

Did anyone see this on the Black Templar article: 🤩
m1IezDgoOIEF4epN.jpg
Also I really liked the Gitz comic. I doubt that they give information like which tomes are upcoming to the writers/illustrators of these comics. Maybe they let them know the next one for promo purposes but I doubt they'd know that far ahead. Otherwise I would assume they'd be checking on Nurgle/Sick Gitz as well. I mean I obviously could be wrong though.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

19 minutes ago, Higolx said:

One thing Im glad about AoS is that althought GW seems to be trying to turn SCE into marines we still have to reach 40k levels of faction favoritism. Sure, some factions could use some more love and even a refresh on their range but Im cautiously optimistic GW learned their lesson and wont repeat it with AoS (fingers crossed)

sce have like 70 warscrolls in 6 years, I think we have reached the same level especially based on how popular they are 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ratboy genius said:

sce have like 70 warscrolls in 6 years, I think we have reached the same level especially based on how popular they are 

Not quite yet Id say. Sure, thats a lot of warscrolls dont get me wrong, but we havent reached the levels of marines where we have had 5 extra space marine books that are chapter specific just this edition, not even counting all the other ones on the last edition. Until we start seeing Battletome: Hallowed Knights and such I still say we have yet to reach marines levels of favoritism.

Are SCE AoS' poster army? Yes, no doubt. At least GW thinks so. Are they marines (getting chapter specific books before armies get update, their own tab on the GW store as if they were their own Grand Alliance)? No. Not yet at least. Maybe in the future, who knows? But not now.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

No new edition every 3 years? Truly, Nurgle's blessings are bountiful.

Seriously though, I view that as an actual upside. A longer edition cycle would definitely be beneficial, in my opinion.

I keep reading that and I don't know if it's an intentional double negative.

They're saying, "they can't no longer bring new editions every three years", which would mean "they have to bring new editions every three years. Or they meant "they can no longer bring...", which would mean an end the three year edition cycle. Even with the context, I can't tell if they're saying "they're no longer capable of 3 year cycles because of covid" or "they can't help themselves but to release 3 year cycles, even with covid".

Personally I do hope time between editions increases - I don't think AoS has settled long enough as a game to see where the best place for it would be, and would probably need another 4 years at least to see what the next best steps would be. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

No new edition every 3 years? Truly, Nurgle's blessings are bountiful.

Seriously though, I view that as an actual upside. A longer edition cycle would definitely be beneficial, in my opinion.

Especially if they lean harder into the idea of seasons.

This season is era of the beast, extra VP's for Killing monsters completing battletactics with monsters.

Next season could favour hordes, maybe increase the alotted reinforcement slots, extra VP's for destroying reinforced units or scoring battle tactics with reinforced units.

Allows them to add enough new rules, heck just changing up the Battle Tactics drastically changes the game. The Game could easily be fresh and therefore forego 3 year production cycle.

As for the Old World I think these rumours make sense, we know design and lead up to an army can take a long time. Never played WHFB but I am curious to try ToW.

• Like 3