The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Exactly. The only Faction I could see not getting anything but a Battletome is the Sons of Behemat. Unless they update the Mancrusher I could see it being a Tome release only. Fingers crossed for that update!!

I mean the rumour list for 40k that's so far been accurate had Chaos Knights getting a new codex next year complete with a new model so I could see them releasing a new gargant kit of some sort, either bigger than the current Mega Gargants or inbetween the two kits the line currently has

11 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

There was the /tg/ rumour posted previously that was correct about Red Harvest being Spider-Cultists vs Darkoath. wherein they also mentioned Sylvaneth were getting new stuff, so it could be that?

Of course, the Red Harvest guess may have been a lucky one on their part, but who knows with how much GW's taps drip these days.

Yeah, it wasn't that crazy of a prediction so it's a wait and see if the rest pans out.
There wasn't a timeline so Sylvaneth could be mid 2022 at earliest. The current book was out mid 2019 and that was after being delayed. And it isn't like that book was all that hot either.

12 hours ago, EonChao said:

I mean the rumour list for 40k that's so far been accurate had Chaos Knights getting a new codex next year complete with a new model so I could see them releasing a new gargant kit of some sort, either bigger than the current Mega Gargants or inbetween the two kits the line currently has

I love the Knight models and would love to see my Sons expanded but I think it's still too soon, granted itll be 2 years in April since the Sons were supposed to be released, having been delayed into October.

The Mancrusher could definitely use an update and a 2nd Mega kit covering a Shaman or the Matriarch of a Stomp would be perfect. Also of course that makes room for King Brodd!!

I could also see Half-Gargants making an appearance. Seeing as how an Ogor is halfway to a Gargant in size anyway and that some Ogor Tyrants wrestle Mancrushers for fun, perhaps we could see an Ogor Gargant mix!?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The little hook at the end of that insect leg made me think of a beetle more than a mantis. Because I don't think it's a claw.

Also, I came across this when googling "mantis feet" so now you all have to look at it, too:

Hide contents

https://i.imgur.com/d8ZVa.jpg

Cute little fella, what‘s the problem? 🥰

This latest rumour engine could literally be Malerion. Someone cleverer than I could put together a selection of rumour engine pics that are still unsolved, even after the latest preview and all the Death releases that still looks creepy. If Malerion's [insert creepy made-up word]eth faction come out in early 2022 as predicted, they are going to have beasties with them. Could be shadow demons, or dragons, but those dragons will have to have a very different style to distinguish them from the new Draconith models.

• Like 1

Visually Malerion and it's faction are going be more or less in line with DoK and old FB elves imo. There were 13 kingdoms of dark elves (Thirteen Dominions) in Ulgu before Chaos invasion and Malerion ruled over all of them. Literally an empire of dark elves. I have no doubt that some broken  elven souls form slaanesh will find their way into some horrific forms thanks to Malerion. (in line with medusas)

The Melusai were once the souls of aelves devoured by Slaanesh. Upon being freed from that hellish incarceration, their energies were portioned off to Morathi. There, in the dungeons beneath Hagg Nar, these souls were mixed with shadow magic and Morathi’s own blood to be reborn, reshaped in the image of their creator. The lower half of their body is that of a serpent, scaled and coiling with fierce strength, while the upper torso is indistinguishable from that of a female aelf.

Creppy shadowy stuff can be related to something else in Ulgu though.bAFObl8.png

But honestly i doubt it. GW just filling new giant fantasy world with content and looks if it sticks in the community.  (silent people in beastgreave etc.)

Edited by dnusha
  • Like 1

I think the engine is most likely something from the upcoming chaos space marine range like a strange mutation maybe an updated chaos spawn or new demon engine. As for Malerion, I do not think introducing Malerion forces a shift in perspective towards Ulgu as we might be getting wave one of his forces and maybe it is vanguard sent into Ghur to capture coldones or something?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I think the engine is most likely something from the upcoming chaos space marine range like a strange mutation maybe an updated chaos spawn or new demon engine. As for Malerion, I do not think introducing Malerion forces a shift in perspective towards Ulgu as we might be getting wave one of his forces and maybe it is vanguard sent into Ghur to capture coldones or something?

Yeeees, this! How come you don't work for the GW dev team? Or were you just... never chosen??

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mojojojo101 said:

I hope we don't get Malerion and a narrative shift to Ulgu until summer 2023 at the earliest.

Would like to spend some more time with the focus on Ghur/Destruction first.

I agree. I want the Destruction Alliance to get proper time to shone!!

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I want to make a compilation of rumours and speculations from truthful rumours like Whitefangs riddles

- Nighthaunt very soon (January book?)

- Fireslayers vs Idoneth Deepkin Battlebox (1Q)

Can you help me? 😅

Their name escapes me now but our new Rumour Propieter who told us about the Ogor Pirate Warband also said there would be a Necromancer Warband and a Human Witch Hunter alongside a Shadow Aelf Warband for Underworlds next Starter set.

After the truth about the Pirate Ogor I'm inclined to believe them!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mojojojo101 said:

I hope we don't get Malerion and a narrative shift to Ulgu until summer 2023 at the earliest.

Would like to spend some more time with the focus on Ghur/Destruction first.

In the last white dwarf that had the tome celestial for Seraphon. They mention that Kragnos and Kroak are inevitably will have to clash before the Era of Beast end 

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

In the last white dwarf that had the tome celestial for Seraphon. They mention that Kragnos and Kroak are inevitably will have to clash before the Era of Beast end 

I actually find that pretty funny.

"A Big Order Guy and a Big Chaos Guy have to have a fight before the Era of the Beast (Destruction) ends." 

Like, GW forgot that the Era of the Beast was supposed to be about Destruction and just decided anything non humanoid was more important.

• Confused 7

2 minutes ago, WarLadle said:

I actually find that pretty funny.

"A Big Order Guy and a Big Chaos Guy have to have a fight before the Era of the Beast (Destruction) ends." 

Like, GW forgot that the Era of the Beast was supposed to be about Destruction and just decided anything non humanoid was more important.

Kragnos is Destruction. 

• Like 9

things that are interesting. Is that the Kruleboyz don’t like the Seraphon in Ghur because they are realmscaping the jungles and the Kruleboyz want to turn the land into tainted swamps. 

the Era of the beast have also cause the Seraphon to go wild because of their primal nature and the Slaans have to expand more magic to keep them in check. However the  Koatl’s claw constellation is embracing their savage nature

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

things that are interesting. Is that the Kruleboyz don’t like the Seraphon in Ghur because they are realmscaping the jungles and the Kruleboyz want to turn the land into tainted swamps. 

the Era of the beast have also cause the Seraphon to go wild because of their primal nature and the Slaans have to expand more magic to keep them in check. However the  Koatl’s claw constellation is embracing their savage nature

Actual lore? (Source?)