The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

While I'm glad each of these guys aren't going to be a new hero, I wouldn't mind the leaders being characters.

To be honest I don't really care either way, except that it feels as a waste not to let the warbands double as a starterunit with leader or something to get people into AoS. And that's not something new GW usually misses. So I wouldn't be suprised if they wait a bit to for Shadespire to get traction and then release a warscroll for AoS. 

A Regiment of Renown kind of unit for these warbands would be cool. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kronos said:

@Sheriff yes Think Moonclan would be well suited to shadespire, some nets, some fungus poisons and maybe a squig for good measure. 

indeed there are few cavalry models that could fit on these tiles. Hoppers would be quite unique for this. 

Someone on the total war AOS lore thread just posted this. This has also been posted on twitter. 

https://www.trackofwords.com/2017/10/15/upcoming-black-library-titles-as-of-october-2017/

Now there is a new AOS novel coming June 2018. I need this book like right now. Still I dig the proto art it was used in the first campaign book. Now we got a bigger image? I really like it. It's also pretty clear this novel is likely linked to the malign portents event. 

Soul-Wars.jpg?w=421&ssl=1

Soul Wars by Josh Reynolds
June 2018 – hardback. Cover not final.

Nagash revives an ancient grudge with the God-King Sigmar as a ferocious new war between the living and the dead shakes the Mortal Realms.

The Mortal Realms tremble with unending war. In Shyish, the Realm of Death, an ancient evil stirs, sensing opportunity. Nagash, the Undying King and God of Death, sets his gaze upon the citadels of the living and the servants of Sigmar, the God-King of Azyr. Allies once, joined together against the machinations of the Ruinous Powers, the two gods now find themselves enemies. Nagash, burning with the need to avenge an ancient slight, calls forth his soulless legions to sweep across the realm he claims as his own and reassert death’s dominion over all things, as the War of Heaven and Death begins anew.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 8

Honestly stormcast don't bother me anymore they act far more human than space marines because they actually have a history to relate to. Just like the female stormcast who said Volker reminds her of her grandson. When she said that I wanted to know what happened to him and what made sigmar choose her. 

I heard yesterday from a friend that his local GW store manager had said that we might expect an update version of the AoS main rules next year.  I'm taking this with a large pinch of salt as I've not heard anything from other sources, but would be very interesting if that's the case and could explain why we've been light on releases for the main AoS game (but OK on expansions).  I'm thinking we'd find out at the AoS Open Day in March if this is the case.

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I heard yesterday from a friend that his local GW store manager had said that we might expect an update version of the AoS main rules next year.  I'm taking this with a large pinch of salt as I've not heard anything from other sources, but would be very interesting if that's the case and could explain why we've been light on releases for the main AoS game (but OK on expansions).  I'm thinking we'd find out at the AoS Open Day in March if this is the case.

Nice! Rules of one, monsters not getting cover and measuring from bases not being part of the main game have been pretty overdue, and the bit at the start about rolling which realm to fight in can probably go in the bin as it only ever affected Chaos Dwarf players and Balthazar Gelt (RIP).

I would not be impressed if the rules of 1 were incorporated into the open play rules. I agree they bring some semblance of balance to matched, but i dont think they would add anything to open or narrative. Bases i dont mind, theyre pretty much universally used, tho Im sure any attempt to enforce base sizes will open up a whole can of worms! Rolling for realms is a missed opportunity, but i concur ive never used it. Maybe it could be mixed with terrain rules, which i also never use due to being too complicated?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

I would not be impressed if the rules of 1 were incorporated into the open play rules. I agree they bring some semblance of balance to matched, but i dont think they would add anything to open or narrative. Bases i dont mind, theyre pretty much universally used, tho Im sure any attempt to enforce base sizes will open up a whole can of worms! Rolling for realms is a missed opportunity, but i concur ive never used it. Maybe it could be mixed with terrain rules, which i also never use due to being too complicated?

Agree so much I had to spend a post on it. Would love some terrain rules besides magical terrain. Forests, waterfeatures and more have gotten on the fly rules (some of which have stuck) in our games but magical terrain usually is lost. Base to base, perfect, keep the rules of 1 with matched play unless you otherwise decide to. 

Same for us. Including mysterious terrain should be restricted to one or two pieces at the most. First of all because adding special rules for all terrain is super complicated and to my experience players often forget or ignore the indvidual rules. Only those very simple rules like Arcane: +1 to casting is easy to remember in the heat of the game.

However we do add simple rules for some of our terrain. Like rivers: -D3 to your Move as soon as your unit either start in a river or moves into one. 

The idea of rules for terrain are cool and add alot to a game but it has to be kept at a minimum and simple IMO.

I think a rules update would indeed push Age of Sigmar into the direction it will go, a direction that also is becomming more and more familiar to Warhammer Fantasy players of the past and pc present ;) .

Rules of one, additional rules for shooting, incorporating Battalion rules that state it can be dropped like one unit, 6 scenarios to play and additional scenery rules would be very welcome indeed. I even wouldn't count out the Magic rules changing to that of 40K's, which is something I still hope for. 

All in all though the prime reason as to why it's more silent on the AoS side really is 40K, reboxes and other GW games. There is still a lot of WFB lines who gladly want new boxes and bases and while that doesn't sound interesting for any player to deal with it is a very realistic and time consuming task for GW, to the point where designs certainly continue but arn't directly shown to the public because the 'man power' is required elsewhere. But then again, that's just some of my assumption as to why new AoS releases isn't in the current spotlight. Afterall we've allready forgotten about Blightwars and Firestorm or so it seems ;) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Killax said:

I think a rules update would indeed push Age of Sigmar into the direction it will go, a direction that also is becomming more and more familiar to Warhammer Fantasy players of the past and pc present 

Nooooooo

But you're right sadly.  I'm slowly losing interest in AOS.  Hoping the new storyline (whenever it starts) re-starts my interest.