The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Cathay wishes they were that cool.

Can't beat samurai aelves with floating cities that live on the sun with their pimped out kangaroo cavalry and BotW fox archers. 😎

Maybe those golems could stub a mountain spirit's toe though.

Though if the White Dwarf teases are true Lumineth will make a even bigger splash when their River Temple magic water pachyderms hit the field. Put Cathay in the trunk. :D

The only reason Lumineth are even half as awesome as they are is because they stole the heads off of statues of Hashut and put them on their helmets. The rest is all the kangaroos. 

if they do release those pachyderms I’m converting them into Slaanesh themed War-mammoths. Or maybe something to do with the Tomb Kings….. give me time to work this out.

All jokes aside, if this is what GW is willing to show us on a Tuesday, imagine what they have in store for us at Gen-Con…

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 2

Desert Deathrattle(Tomb Kings) could be fun with the fluff being the water pachyderms are using is soul-healing waters leaking up from the underworlds which allowed the skeletons nearby to be empowered enough to hold off the Ossiarchs looking for parts and so built a sacred oasis hold around the water which the elephants can channel.(if they have water on the model then a cool glowy green effect to get that waters of Styxx vibe).

11 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Desert Deathrattle(Tomb Kings) could be fun with the fluff being the water pachyderms are using is soul-healing waters leaking up from the underworlds which allowed the skeletons nearby to be empowered enough to hold off the Ossiarchs looking for parts and so built a sacred oasis hold around the water which the elephants can channel.(if they have water on the model then a cool glowy green effect to get that waters of Styxx vibe).

I like where this is going. What if the water was actually the tears of a fallen god/goddess empowering the remains of his/her followers?

also, because I can: 

Absolutely fantastic trailer! Pure perfection. Although this bit from the WarCom article totally killed me:

In fact, the Warhammer Studio went so far as to establish each and every unit for use on the tabletop, including stats and special abilities.** These numbers were then expertly translated and transposed by the technomancers at Creative Assembly, who deftly wove them into a rich campaign in this never-before-seen part of the Warhammer world.

** Eighth edition rules, we understand.

There's a tiny part of me who died a bit on the inside reading that joke, as back in the day I used to wish for Cathay to receive models and rules - and now GW has made some internal 8th edition rules to then let CA convert them into game mechanics. Oh well, at least this might tease a future of Cathay as part of TOW (and thus, perhaps AoS)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I don't care whether it's for ToW or AoS but I need these Cathay units to actually be models. 

If these dragon peeps are that powerful maybe they survived the end times? 

Please GW, we need more colorful and exotic looking armies that aren't just medieval dudes.

I really wonder about this with Cathay and Kislev. When the models are eventually for sale, surely it would make sense to give them AoS battletomes as well. Or at least a Legends supplement.

3 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

image.jpeg.85d6e2a562fde2371f30faab9dd9531f.jpeg

now why can’t we get dragons like this in AOS? Think of the conversions…..

also, those war balloons and terracotta giants were the best part of the whole thing for me. I mean, come on, warballoons and a not-hierotitan to play with? God I hope at least half of this stuff is made into plastic/resin in TOW.

Well, in the End Times survivors of Cathay sailed off to unkown lands with their Emperor … maybe through time and space to the Mortal Realms?

50 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Absolutely fantastic trailer! Pure perfection. Although this bit from the WarCom article totally killed me:

There's a tiny part of me who died a bit on the inside reading that joke, as back in the day I used to wish for Cathay to receive models and rules - and now GW has made some internal 8th edition rules to then let CA convert them into game mechanics. Oh well, at least this might tease a future of Cathay as part of TOW (and thus, perhaps AoS)

I reckon this is a clue that TOW statlines will be close to 8th Ed. 

7 minutes ago, edmc78 said:

I reckon this is a clue that TOW statlines will be close to 8th Ed. 

It makes sense, I'm half expecting a continuation (evolution?) of 8th ed. Not my favourite edition due to the bloat, but I'll chalk that to 6 being my introduction to the hobby. Makes sense that TOW would use scraps of whatever was planned for 9th.

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

So what you’re saying is that Cathay is the new Lumineth?

If lumineth were also as resilient as stormcast, had the technology of kharadron, and were as numerous as Cities of Sigmar, then yes!

(I knew I would get this response when I posted it 🙄)

Edited by chosen_of_khaine

Supremely awesome. Just the right blend of historical inspiration and cheesy fantasy. One thing, though, it kind of made me wonder if we'll see model refreshes of stuff like Skaven, Seraphon, Beastmen, and Cities of Sigmar bespokely for Age of Sigmar or if they'll have a foot in TOW as well... I know those armies have managed to evolve into a new setting through cool fluff so far, but I really want the model design to reflect that as well.

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Cathay wishes they were that cool.

Can't beat samurai aelves with floating cities that live on the sun with their pimped out kangaroo cavalry and BotW fox archers. 😎

Maybe those golems could stub a mountain spirit's toe though.

Though if the White Dwarf teases are true Lumineth will make a even bigger splash when their River Temple magic water pachyderms hit the field. Put Cathay in the trunk. :D

I'm super interested in the Lumineth Pachyderms!! When we hear the term we immediately think of Elephants but they arent the only animals under that banner. We also have Hippos, Rhinos, Pigs and Tapirs.

With AOS being the way it is I wouldnt be suprised for them to be Tapirs seeing as Pigs/Boars already feature heavily in the Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz.

Rhinos are also very close to Rhinox for the Ogor Mawtribes soooo...

I would be over the moon at Hippos for AOS. They are the most dangerous animals on Planet Earth and kill hundreds every year in Africa.

Give me AOS Hippos and I will convert an Ogor Army worthy of GorkaMorka!!

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I would be over the moon at Hippos for AOS. They are the most dangerous animals on Planet Earth and kill hundreds every year in Africa.

Give me AOS Hippos and I will convert an Ogor Army worthy of GorkaMorka!!

you mean Hippoleth blubberkin right?

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Hippoleth blubberkin right?

That's an instant pre-order there :D

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm super interested in the Lumineth Pachyderms!! When we hear the term we immediately think of Elephants but they arent the only animals under that banner. We also have Hippos, Rhinos, Pigs and Tapirs.

With AOS being the way it is I wouldnt be suprised for them to be Tapirs seeing as Pigs/Boars already feature heavily in the Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz.

Oh that's a great point. Japan has those Tapir-like yokai that eat dreams which would mesh with the Tibetan & Japanese monk aesthetics the Lumineth are heavily rocking. And certainly throwing yourself into the water to drown until a river spirit saves you would certainly cause a aelf pilgrim nightmares. (Just hoping their Pachyderm helms are just as epic as the Alarith cow helms. Emphasize those head trunks!. :D )

Somewhat off-topic but seen this (rather bad) speculation by a few people with middling knowledge of the World-that-was and very little of AoS. They're wondering if "celestial dragons older than the Old Gods" is a retcons to connect them to Dracothion as a celestial dragon(like if that's the Cathay one)

Big no. The world was just dragons vs dragon-ogors before the Old Ones landed there bringing greenskin spores on their ships and started creating mortals. That's all the same.

Dracothion is a God-beast whose history is a power that's been following behind the destruction Chaos causes to destroyed worlds and recycles the remains to make new solar systems. He found Sigmar because he planned to turn Mallus(the molten core the God-king was clinging to through the void) into a new moon. He revived Sigmar with his breath and Sigmar forged some molten materials into a shimmering necklace for Dracothion to thank him beginning their friendship. He also has a connection to the twin-tailed comet that puts Dracothion closer to Sotek more than anything else.

Just thought I'd nip that in the bud over here. Old dragons =/= a God-beast that rebuilt galaxies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:
1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh that's a great point. Japan has those Tapir-like yokai that eat dreams which would mesh with the Tibetan & Japanese monk aesthetics the Lumineth are heavily rocking. And certainly throwing yourself into the water to drown until a river spirit saves you would certainly cause a aelf pilgrim nightmares. (Just hoping their Pachyderm helms are just as epic as the Alarith cow helms. Emphasize those head trunks!. :D )

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

If GW decided to go the Hippo route then I think I might invest in lumineth. It is a well documented fact that Hippos are monsters in real life.

• Like 4

I suspect we might get a new Cities of Sigmar book alongside these releases that treats them like "skins" for the human armies of Sigmar, whether or not they go into more detail on those units or we just get "Halberdiers" and they all work the same depends how bloat happy they are i guess?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

The only reason Lumineth are even half as awesome as they are is because they stole the heads off of statues of Hashut and put them on their helmets. The rest is all the kangaroos. 

And there I thought, that exactly those features are the reason why lumineth look so neck breaking.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

18 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I hope it‘s SBGL 2 or umbraneth

Soulblight got a nice release give them another wave would be a bad thing imho,Fec needs more love.

Hoping that GW doesn't soup fec and soulblight, it would be a bad move.

Still a warcry or underworld warband is welcome.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 3