The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Nizrah said:

I would say that SoB are unkillable for everything except IDK and DoK. 

Here is a brief list of armies that can kill SoB while still playing a competitive list designed for a 5 game event.

Order

IDK, LRL, DOK, Seraphon, FS, CoS.

Chaos

Tzeentch, StD, Nurgle 

Death

SGL, OBR

Destruction 

OM, Big Waggh

SoB are a strong pick and got better with the white dwarf, but they are amongst a pack of solid armies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Here is a brief list of armies that can kill SoB while still playing a competitive list designed for a 5 game event.

Order

IDK, LRL, DOK, Seraphon, FS, CoS.

Chaos

Tzeentch, StD, Nurgle 

Death

SGL, OBR

Destruction 

OM, Big Waggh

SoB are a strong pick and got better with the white dwarf, but they are amongst a pack of solid armies.

Khorne has some nasty anti melee builds with scarbrand, princes and unfettered fury combos, however any decent ranged list will cripple this right away though, but powerful vs sons.

Order by account of Gotrek can have a chance to go toe to toe with the sons any day. 

Sons are really good now, but they do not have as many surefire tricks as other armies, less denying of other peoples rules and not the most reliable output, but they sit tight on objectives and the battle tactics are good for them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Blood0Tiger said:

Good move to continue FOMO products by GW.

You make it sound like it's by design. GW has seen an insane amount of growth in the last years which makes it really hard to predict how many copies they will sell. As an example Dominion sales are already 300%+ of Soul Wars. That kinda growth is really hard to predict years in advance which is when they have to decide on how many copies to make. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howdyhedberg said:

But... Arkhan died? And Teclis spoke to Nagash in the last book?

Arkhan isn’t permanently dead, he just won’t be around for a while. And  Nagash doesn’t have a physical form right now due to Teclis’ ritual. 

2 hours ago, Blood0Tiger said:

Would you consider elite vampire crossbow units? Medium armored " royal hunters" concept.

Count me in, maybe they are winged vamps too!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Nox said:

You make it sound like it's by design. GW has seen an insane amount of growth in the last years which makes it really hard to predict how many copies they will sell. As an example Dominion sales are already 300%+ of Soul Wars. That kinda growth is really hard to predict years in advance which is when they have to decide on how many copies to make. 

FOMO combined with no modern communication with the community does not make a great pair growth or no growth. Goes without saying for any other company that wants to be " invested" in more than the bucks. 

3 hours ago, Blood0Tiger said:

Yes we still can still get dominion and that is not to be unrecognized. 

So what are your thoughts on Hexfire, that was fairly quick. 

True, had not noticed. Nothing new or exciting to me other than a new hero that will get his own release soon. 

Im the only one disgusted how GW just throw Dominion 3.0 starter and just forget about AoS? Where are books? Where are faqs? 3.0 is like a swiss chessee! There are so many problems and we need desperatly need faqs... New books shoulds drop asap but they will drop in september which is two month later... IMHO this is so big fuckup. My entire group (20+ people) which all are fairly comptetetive players is just tired and iritated how gw is mishandling AoS... 

• Like 8

Well, "disgusted" seems like way too strong a word to be used here. Annoyed maybe, but even then I'm personally more like "wow, it's been two months already & I haven't even touched most of my Dominion miniatures... where did the time go?"

Granted, I'm a dad of a 1 year old in home office, trying to get as much of my daughter as I can, so my mileage surely varies, but still... . How many of us are really beyond the initial try out phase?

With that being said, would I have liked 1 to 2 new battle tomes with Dominion (rather than some time later) - absolutely. But What you describe here seems way too harsh from the PoV of my reality bubble ( ;) ).

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Granted, I'm a dad of a 1 year old in home office, trying to get as much of my daughter as I can, so my mileage surely varies, but still... . How many of us are really beyond the initial try out phase?

Well, im a student on a holidays currently so my pov is definitly diffrent :P. I already played 2 tournaments (12 and 16 people) and going to major team tournamnet (80 ppl) next week... So yes, some of us is beyond try out phase :P

And that's super fair. I guess my point is just that maybe each of us should try to factor in, where in terms of "need for new content" he or she stands & not be disappointed when "the cutting edge" isn't immediately served. 

And don't get me wrong, I can recognize that what's completely fine for me, might suck for you (or feel like you're the second wave of beta tester or something like that).

Maybe i wasn't clear in the first post (english is not my first language) but my point is not about a need of new content as a sort of new things to do and have fun it but rather that the game need FIXES asap because the ammount of rules that are overlapping and are totally unclear is astonishing. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I think for 'new factions' this edition Silent People are the only ones that seem like they will not be an expansion on a preexisting faction:

Umbraneth can be an expansion of Daughters of Khaine
Kurnothi Aelves can be an expansion of Sylvaneth
Grotbag Scuttlers and Gitmobs can be an expansion of Gloomspite
Chaos Dwarves can be an expansion of Slaves to Darkness
Dispossesed can be an ingredient in the rumoured Duardin Soup

I do not suspect that all of the armies I listed will be part of an expansion or soup, but rather that I think that they all make as much sense as expansions as stand alone factions. Oddly enough, I feel like Grotbag Scutlers and Gitmob might be most likely to stand alone as a combined secondary Goblin faction. 

Silent People on the other hand feel largely uniquely. Other than a superficial relationship to other anthropomorphic animalistic factions an Insectoid race seems pretty unique to the setting and hard to place within any of the other factions. 

And yet again mate we agree!! I truly hope this Editions 'New Factions' take the Kruelboyz approach and are used to expand existing Factions. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

I’m only just painting dominion and there’s no where for me to play locally as my local gw isn’t doing games yet and I cannot drive so books are currently useless to me besides lore

Hopefully the lore will actually still be decent in the new battletomes, it has been gutted in the new codexes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3