The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

This sounds cool but also idk have a pretty unpleasant relationship with the animals they use so maybe I'd rather there was a new happy sea faction for the crabs. Don't want to see sad enslaved crabs 

Nah, they're really nice to the crabs... they know what's good for them.

Sascha/eheh_dude on Twitter: "Draft 3-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 COOOOMBO BREAKER! Don't  Mess With CRABBO With STabbo! TATATATATATATATATATATATA!!!! #draft #crab  #stab #mtg #thecrabbogod… https://t.co/2gJm9rG2YA"

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, chipschallenged said:

People here have talked about the possibility that the Mouth of Mork from the latest fiction is a new Kruulboy unit, but it's got my Gloomspite tingling. In the story, it was a named fungoid cave shaman's spirit talking to Gordrakk. FCS have an ability called "Mouthpiece of Mork" with the flavor text: The visionary Fungoid Cave-Shamans have a knack for coming up with the most cunnin' plans

Maybe Gordrakk just needs to go talk to the Snazzgar Stinkmullet, linking back to the old malign portents stories.

The named Shaman ghost talking to Gordrakk while pretending to be Mork, was Snazzgar, who Gordrakk killed in Kragnos. (And now here a second time) the Bonsplitta representing Gork was from the first Broken Realms short story.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Maogrim said:

I mean... if I'm not mistaken those are... white ... fangs in your profile pic, aren't they? 

Come on, we all know there are Hedonite and BOC players held captive under GW stores, where the evil overlords are harvesting their salty gamer tears! 

We know there aren't any BoC players anywhere near the studio or our community article wouldn't have been flat out wrong... 

• Like 2

So.. Stormcast are getting at least one dragon, a new melee focused battleline and ..? Kruleboyz are getting a special character on some kind of flying mount, a big monster which may be a crocodile and....?

There will be a chaos Duardin faction and new soup Duardin with new minis???

Dawnbreaker models??? Umbraneth models??? Tyrion??? New Ogors??? 

Does that about cover the rumours?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Chikout said:

So.. Stormcast are getting at least one dragon, a new melee focused battleline and ..? Kruleboyz are getting a special character on some kind of flying mount, a big monster which may be a crocodile and....?

A new stormcast dragon? I hadn’t heard anything about this.

2 hours ago, Virtus-XIV said:

I think the snippet Whitefang gave first were "Something big. And wide" for Stormcast, and their dragons are certainly wide.

Edited by zilberfrid
Misspelling Whitefang, sorry. Does that mean mod spankings yet?
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Virtus-XIV said:

There's the hint @zilberfrid mentioned. There's also the eggs mentioned in Broken Realms Kragnos which were given to Kroak. It seems those will have been passed on to the Stormcast. Also the Dragon Emperors hinted at in a recent Warhammer community article about Ghur maybe in reference to them. The big question is whether we are just getting a big centrepiece or also a unit of sleeker dragons as flying cavalry. Unfortunately that particular rumour comes from nefarious parts of the internet and not Whitefang. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I think the snippet Whitefamg gave first were "Something big. And wide" for Stormcast, and their dragons are certainly wide.

Maw Krushas be like "Dey Durk-a-Derrr!!!"

So we got sleek dragons and big and wide dragons speculation, I'd say that is back to square one!

It probably got discussed when the book came out, but the artwork on the rear cover of the Kragnos book has an unusual looking baby dragon on it - big antlers, more bestial and Ghur looking that current AoS dragons. Could be a preview of the visual direction of the new stormcast dragon, especially with the Kroak story mentioning drake eggs and Kragnos having rules relating to the Drake keyword on his warscroll.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

I'm here for Crocs and Ogors. Hopefully hopefully they officially announce a launch stream for next weekend and we get the Kruelboyz and SCE minis shown off alongside snippets of upcoming models.

53 minutes ago, boots468 said:

It probably got discussed when the book came out, but the artwork on the rear cover of the Kragnos book has an unusual looking baby dragon on it - big antlers, more bestial and Ghur looking that current AoS dragons. Could be a preview of the visual direction of the new stormcast dragon, especially with the Kroak story mentioning drake eggs and Kragnos having rules relating to the Drake keyword on his warscroll.

That Dragon also featured in the Sons of Behemat Battletome.

55 minutes ago, boots468 said:

It could be a picture of the old Wood Elf Forest dragon maybe?

I haven't seen the artwork

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

Maw Krushas be like "Dey Durk-a-Derrr!!!"

So we got sleek dragons and big and wide dragons speculation, I'd say that is back to square one!

I read that wrong, I thought it said "back to a square one", as in a square dragon...

If you look at the stardrake, that certainly is a rather chonky dragon.

Wonder what the coming next week article will be tonight as I assume there will be new pre orders next week. 

Maybe the first wave of stormcast and kruleboyz stuff? 

The battletomes? 

Some new start collecting boxes maybe? As I'm sure there will be a big push on 'new edition, new army'. 

I'm hoping we get an equivalent of the new 40k combat patrol boxes as they give quite good value. With the point increases they could easily put a 500-750 point force in a box. 

• LOVE IT! 1

Speaking of rumors of upcoming factions, I believe that one (the notorious 4chan leak?) said something about a substantial Beastmen release? 

If so, would anyone be so kind as to remember any further details (if there are any)? 

The Beastmen rumor got me excited as frankly that would be one of the factions (the other couple being more wild-hunty wood elves and generic human barbarians) that would finally get me into AoS. 

Edited by KingKull

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

There's the hint @zilberfrid mentioned. There's also the eggs mentioned in Broken Realms Kragnos which were given to Kroak. It seems those will have been passed on to the Stormcast. Also the Dragon Emperors hinted at in a recent Warhammer community article about Ghur maybe in reference to them. The big question is whether we are just getting a big centrepiece or also a unit of sleeker dragons as flying cavalry. Unfortunately that particular rumour comes from nefarious parts of the internet and not Whitefang. 

Why are people assuming Lord Kroak would give those eggs to Sigmar and the Stormcast?

they should show all or most of what is left of stormcast and krulleboyz and maybe a preview of the next factions. Also what the new starter boxes of different sizes will contain.

But they should also show all that is left of orks (40k) since their codex goes on sale this month (in the special box), and all the new miniatures will be seen.

The box of GK vs TS is also pending. 

And the box of the heresy of horus ..

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Wonder what the coming next week article will be tonight as I assume there will be new pre orders next week. 

The battletomes? 

Some new start collecting boxes maybe? As I'm sure there will be a big push on 'new edition, new army'. 

I'm hoping we get an equivalent of the new 40k combat patrol boxes as they give quite good value. With the point increases they could easily put a 500-750 point force in a box. 

My guess is itll be a filler week, some bloodbowl, necromunda redemptors, titanicus, etc. Then the week after they resume AoS/40k.

So about the June WD and Grungni's discussion with Sigmar.

Spoiler

Did that discussion and Grungni not being opposed to Sigmar saving the Fyreslayer hold means that Sigmar has a full Fyreslayer karak of fyreslayer souls he might reshape one day into Duardin SCE? 

1 hour ago, KingKull said:

Speaking of rumors of upcoming factions, I believe that one (the notorious 4chan leak?) said something about a substantial Beastmen release? 

If so, would anyone be so kind as to remember any further details (if there are any)? 

The Beastmen rumor got me excited as frankly that would be one of the factions (the other couple being more wild-hunty wood elves and generic human barbarians) that would finally get me into AoS. 

From what I rememeber its meant to be a range refresh, new Doombull, Bullgor and Jabberslyth in a box set vs Gloomspite Gitz. I cant recall if they were rumoured to get new Gors/Bestigors though.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Feii said:

So about the June WD and Grungni's discussion with Sigmar.

Hide contents

Did that discussion and Grungni not being opposed to Sigmar saving the Fyreslayer hold means that Sigmar has a full Fyreslayer karak of fyreslayer souls he might reshape one day into Duardin SCE? 

I believe that all Duardin souls are under Grungni watchful eye and well protected that even Nagash can't reach them. More so it looks like after his creation Grombrindal works as a guide for the spirits of duardins who can't find their way to rest. Why? Only time will tell. But one thing I can tell for sure: duardins afterlife, ancestry and reunification are the main themes for all 6 short stories.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

The battletomes? 

I'm guessing a week of the smaller games, maybe Bloodbowl or Necromunda or Titanicus. Theyll announce a launch day stream for 3.0 next Saturday and there theyll show off the remaining SCE and Kruelboyz alongside their Battletomes and some sneak peeks at the next wave of upcoming releases. Then I'd say the following day they announce the Pre Orders for those Battletomes go up on the 10th for release the 17th of July. 

1 hour ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Why are people assuming Lord Kroak would give those eggs to Sigmar and the Stormcast?

It's all part of the Great Plan.