The Rumour Thread

29 minutes ago, Lengthster said:

This thread lately is like a Ouija board but instead of a ghost pickin letters it's Whitefang reacting

Hahaha, thanks, wanted to write something like that just now - if Whitefang likes a post, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a hint all the time. :D

• Like 2

People here have talked about the possibility that the Mouth of Mork from the latest fiction is a new Kruulboy unit, but it's got my Gloomspite tingling. In the story, it was a named fungoid cave shaman's spirit talking to Gordrakk. FCS have an ability called "Mouthpiece of Mork" with the flavor text: The visionary Fungoid Cave-Shamans have a knack for coming up with the most cunnin' plans

Maybe Gordrakk just needs to go talk to the Snazzgar Stinkmullet, linking back to the old malign portents stories.

I'm half tempted to start writing stuff like

"Idoneth will get new models" and "Idoneth won't get new models" as separate one just to fish for reactions.

Also I am starting to think whitefang is the GW PR department designed to keep our constant speculation going with just enough hints to keep us guessing, but never enough for us to know anything for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

I'm half tempted to start writing stuff like

"Idoneth will get new models" and "Idoneth won't get new models" as separate one just to fish for reactions.

Also I am starting to think whitefang is the GW PR department designed to keep our constant speculation going with just enough hints to keep us guessing, but never enough for us to know anything for sure.

If that was the case then the chaos dwarf posts from the past two weeks would have notifications from him all over them.

In all honesty, I think the mawtribes will get a battle tome in the style of the orruk warclans. Meaning we will see the finecast units go, sure, but then the new big thing will be what the Kruleboys are to the Warclans. Something new that's still a part of the tribes.

My guess would be that it has something to do with the fire belly and an expansion of that particular breed of ogres.

(I got you, @KingBrodd. Confirmation through exclusion. ;) ).

Edited by Rachmani

Old legends say once a thread passes 2000 pages, it becomes sentient. 

Whitefang is clearly the spirit of this thread made manifest! 

Regarding the Mouth of Mork, I'm guessing it's a character as the artifacts that gordrak was after were the god beast skull Hammergord, that is now destroyed, the Basha Shard that is buried in a stormvault and Da Golden Amulet that he didn't bother looking for as wanted to fight instead. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

In all honesty, I think the mawtribes will get a battle tome in the style of the orruk warclans. Meaning we will see the finecast units go, sure, but then the new big thing will be what the Kruleboys are to the Warclans. Something new that's still a part of the tribes.

My guess would be that it has something to do with the fire belly and an expansion of that particular breed of ogres.

Updating all the Finecast would be the obvious first step; Butchers, Slaughtermasters, Frost Sabres, Icebrow Hunters, Yehtees and Gorgers alongside Maneaters. 

Butcher and Slaughtermaster as a dual kit, Yehtee and Gorger dual kit.

Gluttons, Ironguts and Leadbelchers updated, at least their posing. 

I feel like thats enough of a refresh without even beginning to add new units with new Beasts and Characters such a Frost King Braggoth and Globb Glittermaw for the BCR and Gutbusters respectively.

If they add a 3rd Subfaction with the Firebellys I'll lose my mind.

It culminates in the Ice and Fire with Beastclaw Raiders and Firebellys.

A whole new design narrative opens up with Fire worshipping Ogors, East Asian and South Pacific Islander influences with new Magma monsters? Chefs kiss. 

3201627.jpg

Warhammer_Ogre_Firebellies.png

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

Well, I do think they want to create a more AoS look for every faction & "just" updating old sculpts wouldn't do much in terms of new visuals. There is ofc. always the chance of Ogres being Soulblight. But even there they brought in new vampire types that look very different from the rest.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Well, I do think they want to create a more AoS look for every faction & "just" updating old sculpts wouldn't do much in terms of new visuals. There is ofc. always the chance of Ogres being Soulblight. But even there they brought in new vampire types that look very different from the rest.

Oh dont get me wrong mate I'm all for brand new models, if they replaced every current kit with brand new ones I'd be more than happy!!*

*Stonehorn and Thundertusk are still beautiful those beasts can stay.

26 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

A whole new design narrative opens up with Fire worshipping Ogors, East Asian and South Pacific Islander influences with new Magma monsters? Chefs kiss. 

Only thing better than a expanded Firebelly faction would be confirmation of a relaunch of Tomb Kings entirely in plastic. That or Araby as a faction in the Old World(I want djinn dang it!), or confirmation of the rumour that Kruleboyz get a giant alligator model. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

13 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am really hoping that with Old World I can run my Chaos Warriors and Ogres. But I would absolutely get an Araby army in a heart beat.

I personally hope we get The Golden Magus character from Dreadfleet, as he was a chaos sorcerer who had Ogres in his crew and had the use of multiple djinn(and later took control of The Galleon's Graveyard).

• LOVE IT! 1

This might be a cheeky question but I’ve been out of following the thread and Warhammer in general for a few weeks, which I feel Is a lifetime (been busy with work and training my new fur baby). Can anyone provide a round up regarding release rumours and where we’re at. I see there’s something about Dwarfs, ogors and inevitably stormcast and Krule boys.

A huge thanks in advance 🤙