The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Tomorrow brings the final instalment of Visions of Beasts, so join us then to find out what awaits our Lord-Ordinator.

tomorrow may they show a miniature?

This is what I'm hoping for. Even if it's just the cauldron with the Snotling. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Ooo yay bows. I always like baddies having some ranged because it’s pretty uncommon for Warhammer for whatever reason. 

Remembers back fondly to my old Dwarven battle line of Thunderers, Quarrelers, Irondrakes, Cannons, Grudgethrowers and Organ Guns.

I would throw so many dice every shooting phase. 

If I were to collect a new faction, it be a ranged skirmish army l; running around with lotr-esq swamp Goblins/Orks seems to have a lot of potential! I’m putting the finishing touches on my Khorne stuff, there my Slaanesh stuff is next for the chopping block (which should be a lot faster for me to paint). If these guys are interesting, I’m considering starting them as my next army after Slaanesh if they’re not too over the top in design. 

14 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Because they reproduce asexually. This implies neither boy parts nor girl parts.

I know that they refer to themselves with male pronouns, I just think it's silly.

Pfft. GW Orks are based on 1980's football holligans. Men running around drunk starting fights. 

28 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I can’t remember the last time I was this intrigued to see a new reveal! 

On a related note, I'm actually really glad they are doing a reveal with substance.
Some of the recent previews have been a bit underwhelming, so I'm really excited that they are revealing the full contents of the box and, judging from "Join us as we unveil the whole box – there may even be a few extra surprises too.", I think it's safe to say that some "Starter set companion" kits (Easy to build, paint set, etc.), as I like to call them, will be revealed, and maybe the Battletomes for the new factions.
But hey, I'm just wishlisting here :P I'm just glad we are seeing the whole box.

Edited by Asbestress
Grammar

9 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

On a related note, I'm actually really glad they are doing a reveal with substance.
Some of the recent previews have been a bit underwhelming, so I'm really excited that they are revealing the full contents of the box and, judging from "Join us as we unveil the whole box – there may even be a few extra surprises too.", I think it's safe to say that some "Starter set companion" kits (Easy to build, paint set, etc.), as I like to call them, will be revealed, and maybe the Battletomes for the new factions.
But hey, I'm just wishlisting here :P I'm just glad we are seeing the whole box.

What i'd like to know is about GHB2021.   What do they do in a new edition year?  It sounds like there are going to be widespread point changes, would they try to have it released around the same time as the new edition?

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Indeed, my fault. Not sure the whole he and boyz thing needs to change tho personally. That's just the way they think, even if illogical in the classic way of thinking.

Orks, Goblins and other hooligans thinking a bit illogical does seem on brand for them.

53 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Pfft. GW Orks are based on 1980's football holligans. Men running around drunk starting fights. 

I think there's nothing wrong in emasculating them in their AoS interpretation (or that the deep '80's roots are all that relevant anymore), but I do agree that them thinking too long would seem out of place.

I do like them being funghi, it's an underused eukaryotic kingdom and slots in nicely with ties between toadstools and the supernatural.

Just now, Fyrenn said:

What i'd like to know is about GHB2021.   What do they do in a new edition year?  It sounds like there are going to be widespread point changes, would they try to have it released around the same time as the new edition?

It'll probably be like what they did for 40k, so it should probably drop the same day as Dominion/the Core Book.

• Like 1

While I don't think this full reveal will (or should) erase the sting of Cursed City, I am seriously intrigued at how Dominion is shaping up to be a throwback to Warhammer's fantasy roots but with the creativity that AOS is allowed. I think we're going to be really impressed by the whole box, even with Stormcast getting another wave.

Stormground released last night/today and from the little I've played it's an amazing AOS game that is also adding GW-approved lore for the setting :) if you're interested in getting it on PC, fanatical.com is still selling it for 30 USD

• Thanks 1

One thing I really hope they do is show the „smaller“ versions of the launch box as well. Leaving those out of the preview would disappoint many and stress out others who can‘t guarantee getting the limited box while stocks last.

On another note, I also hope the full Core Book is included in the set, like with Soul Wars.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Drakensgreed said:

One thing I really hope they do is show the „smaller“ versions of the launch box as well. Leaving those out of the preview would disappoint many and stress out others who can‘t guarantee getting the limited box while stocks last.

On another note, I also hope the full Core Book is included in the set, like with Soul Wars.

If it's anything like Indomitus the core book will be in the Limited box with a special cover, while the bigger core box will have the normal rule book

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

If it's anything like Indomitus the core book will be in the Limited box with a special cover, while the bigger core box will have the normal rule book

I bet this special cover will be the illustration of Yndrasta that we already saw during the Warhammer Fest.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Drakensgreed said:

Sadly I think they won't be shown. Either they will have their dedicated live show, be featured in one focusing on the new faction and SC, or revealed in an article.

15 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I bet this special cover will be the illustration of Yndrasta that we already saw during the Warhammer Fest.

well...I do still have sick days if I need to stay up. Really just hoping this releases with the same made2order queue they had to do for Indomitus. Anyone remember how long it took for those to get sent out?