The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It's not the same though. Fyreslayers are mercenaries who will work with anyone if it leads to urgold and the KO are the airline companies of the mortal Realms. 

If you are hunting all over the mortal Realms for urgold what better way to travel from place to place than in the ships of the KO. In the process they are bound to find a lot of regular gold which I'm sure the dispossessed would be happy to take off their hands. 

The IDK are isolationists and the Lumineth are to arrogant to work with anyone. 

Its not the same at all. 

If GW can put out a few dispossessed kits which can combine the Fyreslayer runes with the steampunk tech of the KO, as  Tom mentioned on Warhammer weekly this week, I'd absolutely be down for a combined tome. 

That's just Allies though, the two wouldn't have their societies bound at the hip, especially not those as conservative as the Dwarfs (particularly the Fyreslayers). You could say that Fyreslayers merge with CoS because they've got access to the most Realmgates in Order and have Dispossessed there. It's also ignoring that the Kharadron resent Fyreslayers almost as much as Grungi because they eventually stopped allowing refugees in when they suffered a similar infiltration problem as Azyr did.

Kharadron have zero interest in organised religion, having no real connection beyond Grimnir being a Dawi God who went splat before the Age of Chaos - even if they still respected him, they'd put no stock in expecting them to help them now, because Science. By contrast, the Fyreslayers' entire way of life revolves around revering Grimnir.

Fyreslayers and Kharadrons may be proactive mercenaries, but they're both pretty isolationist when it comes to anything beyond where a business transaction ends.

The argument for a merged Dwarf Tome just seems to stem from, "Fyreslayers don't have many models and Ironjawz were merged as well" and a paragraph about some Fyreslayers somewhere allying with Kharadron one time. There's about as much lore incentive as a bit of lore where "Teclis talks to Volturnos and explains he went back on trying to kill them all and wants to shore up (heh) an aliance because both the Idoneth and Lumineth are his people. The Idoneth largely agree to give the Lumineth a shot and both sides are seen fighting alongside one another." 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I think if Grombi comes out with his own "Dispossessed" faction (with new models) and then THAT NEW FACTION can take a few KO and Fyreslayers per its own allegiance rules that would be fine.  I just would hate to see Fyreslayers and KO get watered down in a combined book the way Orruk Warclans kinda did with Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz.  I honestly don't see GW doing that.

Edited by willange
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

As a community we need to get these ideas out of our heads--these preconceptions on how the world of AoS "should be." The Mortal Realms are immense, mystical places ruled by physical gods, and we need to keep our minds open to that fact.

Anything can and should happen in the Mortal Realms. If we start labelling what is or is not appropriate, we become exactly like all of those 40k people who won't let anything new happen because it "doesn't fit the lore."

Oh, the lore isn't the first thing I thought about.

The first thing was stylistic differences, and a cop out to leave the dwarves as they are without expanding their model lines.

Though strapping religious fanatics to the few atheists in the setting would hollow out said setting.

So let the Kharadron contrast with all the races chained to their gods and don't cheapen the Mortal Realms by saying there's no place for that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hoseman said:

Maybe we are anticipating too much. We don't know anything now. 

Maybe when Grimmir comes and "unites" the dwarfs is just something like Kragnos than can unite Destruction in one army but they don't are mixed on a battletome. It's possible that we get some evolving narrative and a mini of a giant Dwarf (curious thing) that has it's own rules to use all duardin units as it's own army. 

And later will come Tyrion to use Lumineth, Cities aelfs or Phoenix Aelfs, and maybe idoneth... I don't know, just saying without thinking too much ^_^

If Tyrion came out as an Order version of Kragnos, I eould instantly be collecting 5 new armies, with 5 different versions of Tyrion painted to match each army.

....I might be a bit of a Tyrion fan.  I blame William King.

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace
  • Like 2

Excited for a cogfort/grimnir dwarfs/greywater/ ironweld faction.

Absolutely not interested in mixing races together for the sake of it. Need a a small kharadron and fyreslayer expansion. I think they've changed tac now. Lumineth will be the largest but a sign of things to come, small armies works great BUT how do you get people to buy more? Expand them or create new factions. Both ways have there risks

New doom diver is great

4 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

If Tyrion came out as an Order version of Kragnos, I eould instantly be collecting 5 new armies, with 5 different versions of Tyrion painted to match each army.

....I might be a but of a Tyrion fan.  I blame William King.

Tyrion could just gather elves, that's 5 armies already (Lumi-, Sylva- and Idoneths, Daughters and half of CoS).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, willange said:

I think if Grombi comes out with his own "Dispossessed" faction (with new models) and then THAT NEW FACTION can take a few KO and Fyreslayers per its own allegiance rules that would be fine.  I just would hate to see Fyreslayers and KO get watered down in a combined book the way Orruk Warclans kinda did with Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz.  I honestly don't see GW doing that.

I completely agree - also: Duardin uniting instead of quarrelling? Seems off-brand. It would be way more duardin-y it Grungni/whoever tried reuniting them and it ended in a giant fight in my opinion.

• Like 2

Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

I can see plenty duardin adding their dammaz to the idea of a duardrazhal in Age of Sigmar.

While I must always display the proper level of gnoll-engrom I have to say I don't think it will be quite the kruk that people seem to expect.

Time was when all the dawi WERE one people... whether they were bokibolg, endrinkuli or drengi (or even elgram grumbaki!)

The Tales of the Wanderer suggest we all have something to learn from each other. The Fyreslayers need to stop clinging to old traditions that turn them zaki, the Dispossessed need to remember that no karak is worth more than the khazukan who dwell in it, while the Kharadron need to have their fleet planted in the past to not get swept away by their own greed and end up ufdi unbaraki!

Basically, by my gromthi, the duardin are all wazzocks at the moment and maybe they should work together. With fyresteel, aethershot and doughty clans we could reclaim our legacy properly - not messing around in little isolated packets like preening elgi too convinced of their own importance and self-righteousness to do some proper skrund.

Well I'm ad and said my piece. Pass another bowl of drongneland is there any more of that grizdal or are we all out?

Edited by MythicKhan
  • Like 19
  • LOVE IT! 6

8 minutes ago, MythicKhan said:

Time was when all the dawi WERE one people... whether they were bokibolg, endrinkuli or drengi (or even elgram grumbaki!)

Funny and sad thing 

It seems Kharadron don’t even know what dawi means atm

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MythicKhan said:

Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

I can see plenty duardin adding their dammaz to the idea of a duardrazhal in Age of Sigmar.

While I must always display the proper level of gnoll-engrom I have to say I don't think it will be quite the kruk that people seem to expect.

The Tales of the Wanderer suggest we all have something to learn from each other. The Fyreslayers need to stop clinging to old traditions that turn them zaki, the Dispossessed need to remember that no karak is worth more than the khazukan who dwell in it, while the Kharadron need to have their fleet planted in the past to not get swept away by their own greed and end up ufdi unbaraki!

Basically, by my gromthi, the duardin are all wazzocks at the moment and maybe they should work together. With fyresteel, aethershot and doughty clans we could reclaim our legacy properly - not messing around in little isolated packets like preening elgi too convinced of their own importance and self-righteousness to do some proper skrund.

Well I'm ad and said my piece. Pass another bowl of drongneland is there any more of that grizdal or are we all out?

But that's the point! Making a duardrazhal and mixing all together in a new and powerful faction that ressembles the old Khazalid Empire is really nice... but boring!!!

Instead, three or four dwarf factions with their own problems that are pushed in another (and diferent) direction than others (even if that means distancing from their Ancestors) seems a lot more fun. 

Khazalid Empire could still be a new "Carront on a stick" for books and novels or even use some campaigns, but I hope that Kharadrons continue with their own business, even if they become less and less dawi and more their own unique thing.

My only issue with Duardins is that they need 10-15 more kits each faction (dispossessed included).

• Like 6

United Dawi would be the narrative progression everyone looks for in these games. It's an arc, not just for a single character, but for whole peoples. As mentioned, the dwarfs were divided ages ago--it'd actually be heartwarming to see them work together again.

And of course there would be story reasons why they'd conglomerate. Of course they'd get new models. This isn't something that would just happen out of thin air.

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Mutton said:

United Dawi would be the narrative progression everyone looks for in these games. It's an arc, not just for a single character, but for whole peoples. As mentioned, the dwarfs were divided ages ago--it'd actually be heartwarming to see them work together again.

And of course there would be story reasons why they'd conglomerate. Of course they'd get new models. This isn't something that would just happen out of thin air.

They can still do that without merging battle tomes though like how 40K did with Yinnari which is literally the same coming together as one race storyline.

Though I think the concept fell flat because Yinnari haven’t ever been built up with a codex,in fact people spectulated they wanted to merge the three Eldar armies together but player didn’t want their armies to be folded into one army

• Like 1

@Muttonseeing warclans just seems  a cheap way to add options to the rooster without improving neither, as the ironjawz still have'nt got anything.Seeing also how GW sometimes operates does'nt help.

The duardrazhal seems more an alliance to retake the holds helping the dispossessed (perhaps even giving them a shot as being a single army).

Still of course gw could do what he wants, but again, it would be a bad thing to do, even more when we already got "species" with multiple variations.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

@Muttonseeing warclans just seems  a cheap way to add options to the rooster without improving neither, as the ironjawz still have'nt got anything.Seeing also how GW sometimes operates does'nt help.

The duardrazhal seems more an alliance to retake the holds helping the dispossessed (perhaps even giving them a shot as being a single army).

Still of course gw could do what he wants, but again, it would be a bad thing to do, even more when we already got "species" with multiple variations.

there have been rumours of ironjawz new releases being postponed because of corona. 

12 minutes ago, Feii said:

there have been rumours of ironjawz new releases being postponed because of corona. 

Considering the 3rd edition is starting with a new destruction army and there's no trace in latest books i'd say is dubious (by contrast Lumineth  while taking more time than expected has'nt changed the idea of having two books).

Also Iirc it was the "fake,not fake rumor".

Let's see though, more IJ shoud arrive in this new edition if destruction takes the stage i think.

3 hours ago, willange said:

Big Waagh! is awesome. I would love something like that for Duardin. 

• Like 1

Seems like we have confirmation on those rumors! A cauldron is a very specific piece that'd be hard to get right if you had just guessed. Honestly, the thing that excites me most is the hobgobs. I hope they can be battleline because I'd love a pure hobgob(lin) army. I also hope that their lore hints towards a Chaos Dwarf update soon either as Furnace Kings or something similar since most of Forgeworld's stuff is now OOP. Biggest fear is LoA goes into Legends in 3.0 without any sort of replacement and just remain in the lore like they were for the majority of fantasy before Tamurkhan.

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, FFJump said:

Seems like we have confirmation on those rumors! A cauldron is a very specific piece that'd be hard to get right if you had just guessed. Honestly, the thing that excites me most is the hobgobs. I hope they can be battleline because I'd love a pure hobgob(lin) army. I also hope that their lore hints towards a Chaos Dwarf update soon either as Furnace Kings or something similar since most of Forgeworld's stuff is now OOP. Biggest fear is LoA goes into Legends in 3.0 without any sort of replacement and just remain in the lore like they were for the majority of fantasy before Tamurkhan.

i think the metallurgist trait may be true as well given some of the rumors and hints

Post imageimage.png.a965b788efd3fc0c97b1da95d823b0f7.png

and maybe some of the engines as well

2021-02-09.jpg2020-11-17.jpg2020-10-27.jpg

one does wonder what was GW intention of releasing this new army (almost out of left field too) instead of revising and older line like Ironjawz that many people thought would happen (which i though had the biggest chance of being in the Starter Box). I am guess that Newer army sell better, and hype the box more. or the Market testing for this army scored really high with their test audience.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

A reminder too for Duardin United opponents that in Orruk Warclans, you can still run the separate armies— you don’t have to run BW! And it works great for all three allegiances and I’d love that for Duardin. 

It's not just that...they should compress all the contents from the two battletomes cutting in half for each army and compressing in one unified book, having less background and lore for each dwarf people, considering they have two different stories in the mortal realms and two entirely different cultures.
But i'll stop on the matter, i don't want to derail further the thread and i'd prefer to talk about those Kroolboyz.

@novakaiProbably they want something to "impress" and a new army always generates hype of some sort considering we still don't know anything of them.
Also destruction is severely lacking in number of armies so they want to add something first i think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Snorri Nelriksson said:

It's not just that...they should compress all the contents on the battletomes cutting in half for each army, having less background and lore for each dwarf people, considering they have two different stories in the mortal realms and two entirely different cultures.

Certainly sounds like a risk but the Warclans tome didn’t read that way to me. As well, it’s likely based on lore that KO won’t be part of a United tome. They rebuffed Grombindral in BR: Be’lakor. But a reunion of Dispossessed & Fyreslayers makes a lot of sense and if KO can be allied in or 1-in-4, all the better.