The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Nico said:

It's good news that allies are limited. I'm hoping that Stormcast cannot ally with Collegiate Arcane (stacking Mystic Shield with their existing automatic +2 to save) for example.

Yeah but I can totally see SCE as being allied with Seraphon for example. Both are from Azyr, both are among the first when it comes to fighting Chaos, both are Celestial.
If the SCE bring a Skink Starpriest or two things get almost as nasty I guess.

Also Sylvaneth, we even see it on the picture they posted. I'd pretty much say SCE + Seraphon + Free Peoples + Sylvaneth will be allies.

SCE+Treelord Ancient... YAY?

Granted, they can bring them already, but they lose their allegiance if they do now. Won't be the case soon.

EDIT: It also wouldn't be a AoS book if Stormcast wouldn't get stronger from it.... ;)

Edited by Aginor
  • Like 1

I would expect Stormcasts to be able to ally with literally every Order faction. The Order GA book made a point of showing how Stormcasts can be integrated into the other factions.

Im fine with this, as its fluffy, and all those legacy armies will look much more setting-appropriate with a squad of golden dudes alongside them :D

im very optimistic! yes - discount for fielding 40 or whatever of something is a boost for basic infantry, and perhaps the best way to make horde armies truly viable. however, bigger stuff with bigger damage output will still wipe the carpet with these units, even if theyre 10man stronger now. i dunno, i just dont think itll make an impact big enough to boost infantry based horde armies to the skies, just make them a bit more viable.

on another note: why even keep stuff in pointless dangler-factions if we can just borrow (allies) from them anyway? i find that limitation wierd and unecessary tbh. sure, bonesplitterz and beastclaw is one thing, but deathmages? swifthawk? shadowblades?

edit: i see now why allies limitations are good, to break up OP mixes from grand alliances. still, some stuff shouldnt be keps seperated from atleast one "main faction". deathmages - deathlords/rattle. shadowblades - darkling covenants/daighters of khaine. etc.

Edited by Kosmion

3 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

I would expect Stormcasts to be able to ally with literally every Order faction. The Order GA book made a point of showing how Stormcasts can be integrated into the other factions.

I suspect you will be right, but I would prefer the reverse.  All order factions can have SCE allies (they arrived to help) but SCE armies don't necessarily have access to all allies (how are their allies following them on the stormbolts.. except for seraphon).  

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I actually still like to use them, as do some of my foes.  The game is perfectly playable with unit on square bases on trays.  You even get to use large units and move them all at once.  It's nifty.

I agree its workable but it you lose the dynamic look of battle with them I think.  But aesthetics are just personal preference 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BrAiKo said:

I suspect you will be right, but I would prefer the reverse.  All order factions can have SCE allies (they arrived to help) but SCE armies don't necessarily have access to all allies (how are their allies following them on the stormbolts.. except for seraphon).  

I like your idea more than I should, there is a good chance I'll be forever disappointed when the book drops. :o

• Like 2

so if there is a list in ghb2 of which factions your sub faction can ally with, how are they going to deal with adding new sub factions? we saw the deathlords work with deathrattle, soulblight etc, but imagine we get some "underworlds" death release in the next year, that keyword won't be in ghb2 under the deathlords table.

8 minutes ago, maximum_pants said:

so if there is a list in ghb2 of which factions your sub faction can ally with, how are they going to deal with adding new sub factions? we saw the deathlords work with deathrattle, soulblight etc, but imagine we get some "underworlds" death release in the next year, that keyword won't be in ghb2 under the deathlords table.

Would be an easy fix just adding the information in the relevant battletome by listing all of the factions that the new faction can take as allies and all the factions that can take it as an ally.

I'm catching up on all the GHB2017 reveals, and I'm excited for the possibilities. I put together a Nighthaunt warband for skirmish and under the current rules, that the furtherest I'd taken it because once I add another death unit, my current units lose battleline and I have to rework the army until it goes from Nighthaunt with generic death allies to a generic death army with some nighthaunt units. It looks like the new allies will actually allow me to finally do my Nighthaunt armies with a few generic death allies to mix things up just a little instead of just Sprit Hosts and Hex Wraiths. While I'll wait until the book is actually in my hands, GW probably just sold some more models as I will now definitely be building out at least 1000 points of Nighthaunt+. Hopefully the Mortis Engine is part of the Nighthaunt allies the Start Collecting Malignants would be my first purchase.

Aside from death though, I'm really curious to see where Bray Herds are going with allegiance abilities and such. On a very basic level I really like them, but have been apprehensive to pick them up as an army because they felt so much like WHFB leftovers. I've got my order army in Kharadron Overlords(and hoping to expand that to Grand Alliance Dwarfs now that the Start Collecting Fyreslayers is out), plans to build now build Nighthaunt army with allies, and have been wanting a Chaos army. Until now I've been stuck on Khorne or waiting to see what dropped with Nurgle and possibly combining it with Skaven Pestilins. But if Bray Herds look like they may be in this for the long haul, via new allegiance abilities and maybe round base reboxing, I'd probably go that route.

• Like 1

Not a rumor but haven't seen it mentioned here yet: nearly all the plastic Wanderer models have now been reboxed with rounds and the AoS logo.

Sisters of the ThornGlade GuardWildwood RangersEternal GuardWild Riders

The only Wanderer models remaining on square bases are the metal and finecast heroes and the Sisters of the Watch. The Sisters hardly count as they're out of a High Aelf box (shadow warriors) and as such may not be reboxed for some time, as the all the Wanderers kits seem to be the first Aelf units to get the AoS treatment. Might want to keep our eyes on the Darkling Covens as the next aelves in line? Is this a sign that we will see some more rapid reboxings for the factions getting allegiance abilties in GHB 2017?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, polarbear said:

Huh, I can't remember perfectly but did those mounted Wanderer units go up in price with the reboxing too?

They most certainly did, as did the eternal guard/wildwood rangers box and the nomad prince when he got reboxed a couple months ago. Not sure about the glade guard as the US webstore hasn't updated them yet but it's a safe bet.

However I think I still spent close to the same amount of money when buying the old boxes and then the round bases separately (86 round bases of various sizes did not come as cheap as I might have hoped). And then there's the physical, mental, and spiritual toll of having unwittingly based the whole army on the squares they came with and then having to clip them all off and shave their feet down to rebase to rounds. Worth it though as I personally think they all look really cool on those round bases.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tidings said:

The reboxing of the Wanderers has me so hyped!! Was super salty when half our army got taken away and split into a whole different army.  

Just be grateful you're not a high elf player ;)

More on topic, while it's good to see GW make a concerted effort to rebox things that are going to be sticking around, those price increases are just painful. Eternal Guard are $70 AU for 10 now when they were $47 before! I wish GW would at least be consistent in pricing reboxed stuff :(

(as an amusing aside, Sisters of the Watch are *still* listed as Sisters of Avelorn on the Aussie webstore. Is this the case elsewhere?)

43 minutes ago, bottle said:

They must have removed the video. It popped into my YouTube feed but I noticed the community site have not posted it. The most interesting tidbit from it was Bloodletters will benefit from Massive Regiments.

What was in the video? BoLS promoted this video too but it was shut down by the time us Aussies woke up.