The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I can't say I'm surprised but I'm really disappointed that this review was probably the final nail in the coffin for Cursed City. There's no way Radukar the Beast wasn't originally supposed to be an expansion.

It's even set up that he transforms in the Cursed City box itself, so I'd say that's 100% likely.

Just now, cofaxest said:

Could it be that Kragnos peoples were actually Beasmens and because of his absents they became corrupted by chaos?

you see one of his people in the trailer for the most part they look like him minus the horns

24 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Link?

@Whitefang can you confirm or deny this?

40 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I mean...

• new skeletons
  • new zombies
  • new dire wolves
  • new blood knights
  • new generic vampire lord
  • prince of rats
  • thirsting blade
  • radukar super-saiyan
  • belladama
  • mother of nightmares/vengorian lord

bolted onto an already pretty solid range of plastics... That's a good update on its own. There's a few conceivable slots they could have filled (vampire non-character infantry, some sort of cavalry vampire lord) but that's a very decent release, much more than was expected a few months ago.

Don't forget the mounted Wight Lord too

41 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

wolves will ride

I'm wondering if we may return to big grand alliance books temporarily for the start of 3.0 and then have a gradual book release for specific factions.

Could even be no new faction specific tomes and just story arcs with rule updates like Broken Realms had.

Screenshot_20210503-130701.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-130743.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-130426.jpg

The middle part of the effigy totally looks like the old orcs & goblins evil sun logo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

New bat swarms too got previewed in the faith and damnation online preview back in march, New mounted Wight King too.

This is a pretty large single release.

Looks particularly solid since the SGL are carrying over kits from legions of nagash like the corpse cart.

Good catch, fully 12 new plastic kits. Bigger than Ossiarchs, not far shy of the Hedonites. Bigger than Gloomspite, which might be a worthwhile comparison in that it's a heap of kits bolted onto an otherwise fairly good looking plastic range. Black knights, necromancer, corpse cart, grave guard.

I'm not saying it's impossible that GW puts out more vampire stuff in 2022 or whenever but this is a substantial release on its own. So was Slaanesh and hey, they're getting the Newborn, but there's nothing specific about this release that suggests even more forthcoming minis.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

I'm definitely going to make a wolfy soulblight army. Might even put the blood knights on thunderwolves to continue the theme.

The vampire centaurs seem utterly mental to me though. The wings are emerging from its waist. The only way that thing is going to fly is if she's got abs of steel.

Kragnos is going to be bought and converted into a massive dragon ogor shaggoth. I think its probably the most epic model I've seen so far in AoS

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So there's Order Centaur (Wild Hunt), Chaos Centaur. now Destruction Centaur.

Death Centaur confirmed for the future?

I'd say we were shown 2 death centaurs today... Just with batwings attached for extra madness.