The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

40k style strength and toughness rumours. Wonder if these have any truth in them. Would mean bigger edition change than expected if true.

Strength and Toughness would require an instant rewrite of all current books. (As no warscrolls has any Strength & Toughness) That would seem very unlikely to me.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Strength and Toughness would require an instant rewrite of all current books. (As no warscrolls has any Strength & Toughness) That would seem very unlikely to me.

Absolutely. There's no way they'd overhaul things that much. Also, given how much they've tried to distinguish AoS from Oldhammer, it would be a pretty retrograde step. 

Stand & shoot is a great idea as long as it's accompanied by shooting nerfs (e.g. being unable to shoot at all once in melee, no shooting at a unit locked in melee with a friendly unit). The flee reaction is a bit too random for my taste -- imagine being at 3"from a unit of dwarfs and your opponent rolls a lucky 6 to put you at an unlikely 9" to make it in. 

14 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

Absolutely. There's no way they'd overhaul things that much. Also, given how much they've tried to distinguish AoS from Oldhammer, it would be a pretty retrograde step. 

Stand & shoot is a great idea as long as it's accompanied by shooting nerfs (e.g. being unable to shoot at all once in melee, no shooting at a unit locked in melee with a friendly unit). The flee reaction is a bit too random for my taste -- imagine being at 3"from a unit of dwarfs and your opponent rolls a lucky 6 to put you at an unlikely 9" to make it in. 

The flee might have restrictions on it, in oldhammer it was fully break and had to rally, Gloomspite gits could get the old skarsnik rule of fleeing, rally and still shoot as part of his traps. It could come with "when fleeing you may not shoot or charge next turn". It could also have a debuff if the enemy catches you, oldhammer would have fleeing units just die if caught by the charging unit. 

Stand and Shoot I think will be fine as long as it 

-requires line of sight at start of charge, If terrain becomes alot more dense which I hope this might be a way around it, also would be interesting if idoneths "only shoot closest" would mess with stand and shoot

-limited to once per turn like 40k overwatch

-shooting generally no longer works in melee even vs target engaged with

I also expect we would quickly see some units turning off overwatch, some units being able to flee and act next turn (could be a gimmick for kurnothi archers or gloomspite) 

Set to defend will be interesting, might stop some charges and combats being a "1 turn" charge and blitz opponent, some units will get more value out of it than others. Myrmidesh Painbringers on a 3+ re rollable and being able to hold opponents down for shardspeaker to be close enough to debuff might help them out.  Its going to be interesting if it works on heroes like archaon or if its limited to just units. Mortal wounds in combats value will also go up a little. 

55 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

Now is this rumour or ?

I don't think it's a rumour but it would be a massive change from the way things work right now, as well as complicating the ruleset even more when their whole thing in AoS has been simplicity. 

Batallions is one big mess right now - Some armies have such an easy time getting a 1 drop army with little to no tax AND an amazing ability piled ontop (like Changehost) - Other armies have almost no chance of getting low drops. It seems completely random how this is given to the different armies. Drops are such a big part of the game and batallions really need a big revamp.

Hence it is not surprising for me at all if GW are going down the path of least resistance of just scrapping them all and implementing a standardized system for all factions. Going through all batallions one by one and adjusting them is a lot of work compared to this route.

Yes it will kill some builds like 5 Bloodthirsters, but this could easily be errata'd to be a simple part of the subfaction/alliegiance abilitiy. However the change would also give room for new lists to spring forth. Thinking about it, if they remove the limit of 4 behemoths in a list, would it really ruin that much? I cant think of any lists that would be too bonkers. The lists that use multiple behemoths are already having such rules like the 5 Bloodthirster list, multiple Stonehorns/Terrorgheists etc.

1 hour ago, Blueraven84 said:

Now is this rumour or ?

S/T addition is a wishlist/rumour that pops up from time to time. While possible, the logistics and rules impact of such a change are massive. Every warscroll has to be rewritten. Every ability/spell/effect that gives +1/-1 to wound has to be rechecked if it would give +1/-1 to strength or toughness instead.

As both players and GW generally consider AoS to be in a good spot, I doubt we will see such large overhauls.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Every ability/spell/effect that gives +1/-1 to wound has to be rechecked if it would give +1/-1 to strength or toughness instead.

Some will but some abilities in 40k are still +1 to wound, its very powerful. If they did they might split what becomes strength buff and what becomes a + to wound

2 hours ago, MothmanDraws said:

-shooting generally no longer works in melee even vs target engaged with

I doubt that this is possible. This rule literally deleting KO from the game.

To be honest this "leak" doesn't look promising. I can't see how this can be added with KO, Tzeench and Seraphon on the table. It will make them too strong. Probably these rules will have some kind of limitation or shooting will be changed in general.

5 hours ago, Mutton said:

I was also extremely skeptical, however, after doing some minor research, the dude was apparently a guest on TheHonestWargamer's show, and is a somewhat well-known player. I'm now less likely to believe he would make such brash claims without some degree of certainty. After all, he's risking his entire reputation on them.

He's also trying to jump start a YouTube channel for himself, so it might be his hope is by tossing out these 'reliable' rumours he can get a core audience ("don't forget to...") Like and Subscribing enough that drop off when he's found out to be talking out of his rear end doesn't matter much due to the 'cushion' he formed in the time prior.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

He's also trying to jump start a YouTube channel for himself, so it might be his hope is by tossing out these 'reliable' rumours he can get a core audience ("don't forget to...") Like and Subscribing enough that drop off when he's found out to be talking out of his rear end doesn't matter much due to the 'cushion' he formed in the time prior.

He has had prior knowledge of Lumineth and SoB tools, so there is some credibility.

33 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If he wanted to just spaff out a load of clickbait rumours to boost his channel, he'd have gone with the line of 'I have a source that has seen the book.'

That way, if they're later proven wrong he can blame the source and say he is just reporting what he heard. 

Instead, he's said that he is the one that has seen the book. He is the source. If what he's said proves to be wrong, his credibility would be directly affected. He's put his reputation on the line here by his choice of words, which to me indicates a level of confidence. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Nooooo! But muh game! They cant just go and make changes to it! I refuse to believe anyone that are spilling rumors/leaks! 🤣

1 minute ago, Tiberius501 said:

*rubs hands together* alright: Goblins, Stormcast and Idoneth.

Goblins: Sky pirates and wolf riders are both inaccuare. The real goblin release are sky wolf riders - flying wolf pigeons dropping black mold bombs (affectionately known as "KemTrails") onto their enemies. Big centerpiece model is a ork-sized goblin riding a wolf dragon. 

Stormcast: After the invasion of azyr and the reforging shenanigans, stormcast are desperate and start reforging anything they can. This leads to gryph-dreadnoughts (robotic entomed gryph hounds) and lightning-gheist-taurlons (creatures made of pure lightning ridden by the entrapped souls of stormcast who can't reforge), leading the charge to push back the greenskin horde. 

Idoneth: How do i put this nicely.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 minute ago, Tiberius501 said:

*rubs hands together* alright: Goblins, Stormcast and Idoneth.

Stormcast are gonna be joined by Thor (Marvel TM) universe as a cross-promotion for Thor 4. 

GW is also releasing a goblin themed Tamagotchi. Grow your own GNOBLA! 

Finally a percentage of all IDK purchases will be going to the https://www.esf.international fund. 

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1