The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

A GRUDGE IS A GRUDGE YOU ELGI LOVER!!! Besides we have confirmation that The Old World is coming back, so your argument is invalid.

While grudges still exist (especially in Thryng, mounted dwarves are awesome.

Battle badgers, combat wombats, charging capybaras, armoured aardvarks, weaponised weasels, lancers on lamas, regiments of rams, gendarmes on goats, battalions of beetles...

Bring 'em on!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, xking said:

This is Age of Sigmar.  Mounted Duardin  are cool and no to the ridiculous grudges, burning down villages because they were a coin short on your payment was beyond dumb. 

The Code says the opposite: 
Grudge.jpg.949646609d332921ba1cf8cd2a30e4a5.jpg

That's without taking in consideration Barak-Thryng Chronicles of Grudges:
Grudge_2.jpg.06ec5ff72919cda09cee7c8b4a206265.jpg

8 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

I'm starting to think I should invest in the Soulbound books for the art and lore even if I'll never be able to get a group together to play it.

I'm not an RPG player, but I collect all Soulbound books just for the awesome Lore!!! I really hope to see someday rules for City of Sigmar Freepeople:  Baatar or Lumnos!! 

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Not to hijack the thread further with non aos, but Konrad Curze and Allexis Pollux, amongst manynother kits are no longer availableon the Forgeworld Store. I hope, in a way, that the death throws of the Horus Heresy are the Birth cries of the Old world, but I doubt it as Night Lords just recently got their Terminator unit so Not sure why Konrad has gone. 

22 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

It's actually Flesh-Eater Courts vs Ossiarch from Feb and then Chaos vs Lumineth with rules for a really cool "AI-controlled" Flesh-Eater Courts army. I get your point though, these campaigns are never going to be perfect.

Oh, I play FEC and my husband plays OBR–that is perfect for us!  The last time we were at out FLGS I noticed that they had older issues of WD on display, I think it's time for a trip to the game store!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Not to hijack the thread further with non aos, but Konrad Curze and Allexis Pollux, amongst manynother kits are no longer availableon the Forgeworld Store. I hope, in a way, that the death throws of the Horus Heresy are the Birth cries of the Old world, but I doubt it as Night Lords just recently got their Terminator unit so Not sure why Konrad has gone. 

I can explain that one, they’re putting on that lable due to the slowing of production caused by COVID-19 and Brexit.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Svalack said:

I think these are for a full undead ogre kit for soulblight. They have 2 models in WHQ and have been mentioned in the short story.

I don't think even GW are low enough to release a battleforce(the ogre one) and replace the models months after (im assuming this could a delayed release too and should have come out way earlier) so i don't think its for destruction unless they are adding brand new types to the ogre range or something with a crude style as a new army.

I would love if they added a few new kits to the Ogor range. Not sure if the battleforce was delayed but it could've been a great way to ship a few thousand of the Gluttons kit. 

2 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

I wonder if destruction will get Gordraak's ram as a terrain piece? It would make sense thematically, but as castle/siege warfare is rarely done on the standard AoS board, its functionality as a ram would be limited.  Perhaps it would be covered with banners and flags with warchanters and wardoks and wierdboys on top chanting and cavorting, kind of like a huge WAAAGH totem focus point? 

Personally I just want a huge ram pulled by two mancrusher gargants, crewed by ogors, with Orruk melee units and gloomspite archers all over the thing for protection. And a cunning warchaner of Mork up top egging the crew onward! Hmm.. I may have to kitbash that, I wonder if anyone ever made a Grond ram miniature for lord of the rings I could convert. 

Mate this is what I envisage Gordrakks siege weapon the be, Grond!! 

In the BR shot story we know that the head is from a massive Godbeast and it was pushed and pulled by a team of Gargants and Troggoths. I'd love if the crew were Ogors and Orruks and Grots were firing down off of it!!

2 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

Wohooo lzards vs belakor in wd...... Kroak out of stock ( only in usa)......

Broken realm kroak !!!!!!

Of course it is a joke, but seriously i hope we dinasours will appear in next broken realm :) i dont mind rules since we are great, in fact kroak range should be touched, but im excited to read some lore about lizards in aos. Since all lore we have is some of us are in heavens, some descended into realms long time ago and became savage, we hate chaos. That is, not most complex or longest lore i have seen lol.

Maaaaybe we get a daemon vs lizard box with behlakor vs new model kroak? Or am i dreaming like a good slan would do?

Anything is possible!! If Seraphon do appear in Belakor than a new kit wouldnt go astray!!

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I have a really strange and oddly specific hope that Grungni and Valaya get there own separate followers. I think it would be really cool if one of them got a traditional Dwarven Force that just pushed forward the Dispossessed aesthetic. Meanwhile the other could have an army of clockwork powered battle-suits and mechanical golems. 

Personally I would like Valaya to lead a Sisters of battle styled force of classical female Duardin and Grungni to have the mechanical Cogforces. I would like them to share a tome and be distinct playable sub-factions that can be run together. I feel this would give the 'classical duardin' a more distinct role as female dwarves are often underrepresented in fantasy and combined with clockwork mechanical allies would give a very AOS vibe to the faction as a whole. But if the two were switched I would still be fine as I think it would be cool to have an additional Duardin God and an army that let you build both traditional and untraditional units. 😁

I also know it is next to impossible but I would absolutely love 3.0 to be a Duardin vs Destruction box and I think Grotbag Scuttlers would make an ideal opponent. But I digress as I am turning this into a wish listing thread again.

Back to rumours: I have always considered Demons and Seraphon to be the true representatives of Chaos and Order hopefully we get a dual box between the two. 

For the 3.0 Starter I want nothing more than the Force of Order to be Duardin of some kind.

6 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Settra forgive me I have fallen. @KingBrodd tell me I’m not the only one....

DO YOU KNOW WHY WE FALL? SO WE CAN LEARN TO PICK OURSELVES UP!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

I am hoping so much for a new undivided demon unit. I would mostly want them to be some form of demonic shade. Functionally I like to imagine they are Furies that have yet to earn their wings.* I feel like nets and pitchforks would be a fitting weapon-set 😁

Although new marauders would be a welcome surprise. Although I really, really want my S2D to be done so I can get to work on my next army 😅

*Like a less cartoony Luci from Disenchantment...

Edited by Neverchosen

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

That Blood Knight art is phenomenal. It's pieces like that that got me hooked into Warhammer in the first place. Absolutely stunning, it just captures everything. 

I also love the Green Fel eyes of the horses. I think I'll definitely be doing that too, although I may paint the skulls as the same as the armour  rather than as actual skulls. 

The hype grows day by day. :) 

I like the idea of painting the skulls as armour.... anyone a dab hand with photoshop that could let us know what that would look like?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xking said:

This is Age of Sigmar.  Mounted Duardin  are cool and no to the ridiculous grudges, burning down villages because they were a coin short on your payment was beyond dumb. 

What, you don’t go around burning down things when people don’t pay you? What a strange place you must live in 😛 (I’m joking of course)

grudges are awesome though 

6 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

What, you don’t go around burning down things when people don’t pay you? What a strange place you must live in 😛 (I’m joking of course)

grudges are awesome though 

Honestly, burning down villages because they paid a coin short is the sort of "turned up to 11" that befits AoS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I am hoping so much for a new undivided demon unit. I would mostly want them to be some form of demonic shade. Functionally I like to imagine they are Furies that have yet to earn their wings.* I feel like nets and pitchforks would be a fitting weapon-set 😁

Although new marauders would be a welcome surprise. Although I really, really want my S2D to be done so I can get to work on my next army 😅

*Like a less cartoony Luci from Disenchantment...

Horus heresy has units of demon brutes that are basically undivided but sadly they haven't given them AOS rules. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghoooouls said:

I like the idea of painting the skulls as armour.... anyone a dab hand with photoshop that could let us know what that would look like?

It's really quick and shoddy work but I had to render some ****** anyways... time to kill. :) Should get the idea across... they totally look like dragon heads that way. I hope you meant the horse skulls, not those winged skulls adornments on them... :Dimage.png.3f9df26355135c000c77661a77cd95bb.pngIr

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Honestly, burning down villages because they paid a coin short is the sort of "turned up to 11" that befits AoS.

No it's not, AoS Is Mythic fantasy, Epic Fantasy and Heroic fantasy.  With a splash of high and low fantasy. Unless you are some chaotic evil dwarf corrupted by the abyss.  Nobody is burning down entire villages Because a noble was short one coin on his payment.  

Marauders raiding a village to steal money, supplies and slaves makes sense. Orderly Dawrfs doing it  because of a coin short  on payment  does not. 

Edited by xking
  • Confused 1