The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope the Duardin retaking their holds is a strong narrative going forward. I love a good crusade and a Duardin one going against their Mortal enemies the Greenskins and the Rat Kin is too good to pass up.

I'd love it to be!! But I'm getting Tyranid or even Malerions Aelves vibes for some reason.

Oh man, as someone who loves the holy warrior/crusader trope seeing that in Duardin would absolutely make me think about doing an army of them and I've never really been interested in the stunties before!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Oh man, as someone who loves the holy warrior/crusader trope seeing that in Duardin would absolutely make me think about doing an army of them and I've never really been interested in the stunties before!

I just love the Dispossessed aesthetic and the idea of retaking holds and battling on top of and under mountains is too good to pass up!! New Duardin warriors and war machines battling against new Warclans and updated Skaven in a campaign is just classic warhammer with an AOS twist. Give us Badger cavlary!!

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

6 minutes ago, Yokai said:

Looks quite demonic. Companions for Be'lakor to push around, mayhaps? 😛

Maybe we are getting a new Demon Prince with builds for different gods. This could be a Slaanesh Tail? Although, I would be much more into an undivided demon troop choice. 

My initial thought was something Idoneth Related for their upcoming  Underworlds set. But I am not certain, as it does have a cool Tyranid vibe.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I just love the Dispossessed aesthetic and the idea of retaking holds and battling on top of and under mountains is too good to pass up!! New Duardin warriors and war machines battling against new Warclans and updated Skaven in a campaign is just classic warhammer with an AOS twist. Give us Badger cavlary!!

I feel like Badger cavalry would best suit the natural enemy of the Gargant...

The mighty Halfling! 😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I do wonder if we'll see some other StD stuff alongside Be'l, as there's still the rumour engine of the chaos wizard staff thingy and the very clearly chaos hoof that are unsolved. 

Can't think of anywhere else these would appear with what's been rumoured. 

It's come up a few times in this thread, but if I'm not mistaken, the staff belongs to a space marine

ShadowspearVillain-Feb28-MasterofPossession8wjvdfh.jpg

12 hours ago, Doko said:

Error.

In end of times when karl franz died,sigmar entered to his corpse to figth for a time.

In aos we have some stories telling us that celestant prime was a big king and hero of the old world and have gal maraz,so it isnt ofitial but many people think he is karl franz

But Sigmar was still the god sigmar in order to enter Karl Franz body and Sigmar and the Celestant Prime are two different entities.  I didn't qoute the person I was responding to but he said he read "... Karl Franz turning into Sigmar." That's not what happened. In the example you're pointing to it's more like Sigmar inhabited Franz. The celestant prime may be Franz but Sigmar is not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

2020-03-17.jpg

It's not actually the same staff, and that rumour engine came out after Shadowspear IIRC

Thanks - I think I was misremembering the rumour engine :)

I do wonder if it'll be a S2D update, or a CSM one. The S2D release was a bit weird being a SC and the warcry warbands. Perhaps this is a re-release of the book with Belekor, like BR Teclis has a new Lumineth tome too.

• Like 1

Looking back there seems to be quite a few chaos themed rumour engines. 

I like the thought someone here mentioned about Be'l bringing in the Darkoath as a group. 

A lot of the rumour engines look like they'd fit in with the Untamed Beasts and Darkoath Chieftains.

Am I clutching at straws? Absolutely. Am I still hyped? Absolutely! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope the Duardin retaking their holds is a strong narrative going forward. I love a good crusade and a Duardin one going against their Mortal enemies the Greenskins and the Rat Kin is too good to pass up.

That is my dream!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Looking back there seems to be quite a few chaos themed rumour engines. 

I like the thought someone here mentioned about Be'l bringing in the Darkoath as a group. 

A lot of the rumour engines look like they'd fit in with the Untamed Beasts and Darkoath Chieftains.

Am I clutching at straws? Absolutely. Am I still hyped? Absolutely! 

I d love  Be’lakor themed barbarian and chaos warrior theme completely unaligned (no marks of chaos but undivided allowed), but the fact that the big reveal of Be’lakor was with nothing but other daemons around him forces me to conclude that he will be more at home commanding other daemons.

While clutching at straws, I’d hope BR3 launches with new marauders/horsemen (per the hoof in the rumor engine) as well as stand alone kits for the warriors and knights... and a few new undivided daemons 😁

• LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I somewhat disagree with you about Death too. Ghouls splitting off into Flesh-Eaters I think actually did make them better. However, the whole delusions thing in their lore and the fact gw gave Horrors and Flayers the Knight keyword has cut off future model expansions. Fec can’t have mounted units now because it wouldn’t fit the lore, the Horrors already believe that they’re horse riding knights, so how would you explain having Horrors and Ghouls on a mount for example?

I don't see how game rules/keywords would necessarily impact actual lore and therefore potential future releases. Just change the keywords in a new tome or generals handbook and that issue is fixed. Wouldn't be the first time it happened.

15 hours ago, Doko said:

Error.

In end of times when karl franz died,sigmar entered to his corpse to figth for a time.

In aos we have some stories telling us that celestant prime was a big king and hero of the old world and have gal maraz,so it isnt ofitial but many people think he is karl franz

Thanks for the answer. I knew that Sigmar existed before Franz, but I read somewhere that karl franz became Sigmar in the end times.

I don't know how many that would buy god models, but it wouldn't feel strange since we already have "gods" in the game.

Have anyone heard anything if Lumineth will launch this month, or if it will be in April?

What factions do y'all think will be featured in the third broken realms book?

• Thanks 1