The Rumour Thread

All Nurgle need, IMO, is a unit in between Blight Kings and Plaguebearers - some kind of Acolyte, and Plague Beasts to be plastic, and if we're dreaming, a new GUO.

Rules wise, maybe re-work the Beasts slightly? Some rule fixes for really dull units like the Herald would be good, and making the Rotbringer better with some Nurgle specific spells would be great. It's a low cost fix, and given the 40k starter is likely to have the new Deathguard kits, I imagine the AoS update won't be far behind. It's pretty easy to assume it'll be July, given the number 7 shenanigans. That lets them get new 40k out in June, and follow up the Death Guard/Nurgle release in July. Seems fairly likely to me. 

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

So no other info from the white dwarf? We have three weeks to cover between the overlords and the rumoured date for 8th.

My guess is 3 weeks for AoS skirmishes or maybe 2 and one week of some random week stuff. That or they jast go a bit ahead and make 2 weeks of skirmishes and start the 8th ed a bit earlier.

the text says

"Warriors fight for treasures and glory in the land of the dead"....

EDIT:

"Warriors fight for treasures and glory in the MORTAL REALMS"

MIND YOU! My translating skills are not fantastic, german is not my first language either. And sterblichen can -SHOULD- also be translated as mortals. So mortal realms is probably better... editing.

In danish -that I translated to before further on to english, the word mortals is made up of the same core as death. i.e.. DØD: death and Dødelig : mortal. 

Edited by Teletomas

most likely we will have the rest of Overlords next week.

Nurgle: we will probably get an great unclean one and beasts of nurgle. My store manager said he had seen a nurgle unit that as like a mix between plague drones and blightkings.

"That's right folks - skirmish sized battles are coming to the Mortal Realms.
This expansion will make use of the existing range of Warhammer Age of Sigmar minitures, and will be a way to play games with just a handful of miniatures, or with part of a new army as you build towards a larger force.

Intrigued? 
We'll have more news for you soon..."

Skærmbillede 2017-04-30 kl. 13.49.05.png

Edited by Teletomas

4 hours ago, FRoper said:

Nurgle: we will probably get an great unclean one and beasts of nurgle. My store manager said he had seen a nurgle unit that as like a mix between plague drones and blightkings.

What about Pestigors? 

The current Rotbringer list has only one unit.

If Nurgle get the Tzeentch, Bloodbound treatment, it makes sense to add

pestigors, acolytes, beasts and something to deal with shooters.

The current Nurgle army is slow, predicteable, low fire powered, low Rend. 

As of now  Nurgle has very few options when it comes to surviving the shooting armies such as Stormcast. 

A battletome will be a great help but It is really far from enough.

Edited by Greasygeek

1 hour ago, aquietfrog said:

Remember that tombstone looking thing in the rumour engine? It might be part of the terrain kit looking at the stuff here.

Also I do hope bottle's lack of presence online recently means he has something to do with skirmish.

Thanks! But I can confirm this is not Hinterlands being made official or anything like that. I super excited to see this release :) 

• Like 7

On 4/27/2017 at 2:01 PM, Well of Eternity said:

I have not seen this before.

trJCTYExKag.jpg

Wow, awesome! Where did you see this? In store? I thought the Prince was a webstore exclusive? I would be a very happy Wanderer if this meant anything new for them was coming. Wanderers rolled into an updated Sylvaneth battletome w/fluff that Alarielle is welcoming her former aelven kin back into the fold in Ghyran? Some new plastic wardancers (for Shadespire maybe)? Take my money! Take it all!

1 hour ago, bottle said:

Thanks! But I can confirm this is not Hinterlands being made official or anything like that. I super excited to see this release :)

Aww, would have been too cool if they were working with you like they're working with the person behind scrollbuilder.com to make something fan made official. Still excited to see what this new skirmish game will be like. This probably means some new skirmish specific battleplans from GW which can only be a good thing for Hinterlands players. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, FRoper said:

This would be incredible, but I know little stock can be put in what store managers say. I'm not even convinced Nurgle will get a new book for a while but would love it if they did

3 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

This would be incredible, but I know little stock can be put in what store managers say. I'm not even convinced Nurgle will get a new book for a while but would love it if they did

It will probably be this year, with the nurgle death guard release, a bit afterwards. probably around November or October would be my guess.

13 hours ago, FRoper said:

The new 40k starter set contains Nurgle Cultists & Drones, the cultists are featured in some videos on the 40 site, but no sighting of the drones yet. Maybe they will be dual AOS/40k kits like Tzaangors were. Would be nice. Even if they aren't will be some nice modelling possibilities there.

I have a feeling there will be a Nurgle Tome, with Mortals/Slaves to Darkness, Rotbringers, Demons in it, same as Tzeentch & Khorne. Pestilens probably won't make it in.