The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

News just in on miniwars about the 40K8th Starter set, with release set to be 17th June with pre-orders up on the 3rd.  Comments claim that GHB2 will not be far behind - take the dates with a pinch of salt of course until we have firm evidence.

I hope the ghb2 is out before june 

14 hours ago, Well of Eternity said:

I have not seen this before.

trJCTYExKag.jpg

Huh, along with the skeleton repackage. Could we perhaps be seeing a handful of round-base AoS repackages without any accompanying battletome? Maybe to tide us over during the early days of the new 40k 8th ed release.

I'd imagine we will start seeing a few more repackages like the Skeleton and the Wanderer.

They were always going to run out of existing stock eventually, and there was bound to be cases where that happened before any repackaging was planned in line with a faction refresh.

So if that's the case do they keep printing the old boxes or just put them in the new packaging that's planned anyway at the existing price point. In the knowledge that they were models being kept regardless.

I think we will see more of this no fanfare Reboxing. This is refresh of existing product rather than a new product like the new box of more Liberators was a new product at a new price point.

I wouldn't preclude a larger skeleton horde box when the Deathrattle faction is addressed.

M

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Well of Eternity said:

I have not seen this before.

trJCTYExKag.jpg

To be fair this does bode well for Wood Aelves (Wanderers) getting their own release seperate from Sylvaneth, something that didn't look too likely for a while. 

It kind of felt like they'd renamed everything just for the sake of it, but perhaps they do have genuine plans to re-introduce all the Factions in their own right as time goes on

• Like 2

I would expect July, putting the update at exactly one year.

Same. If we're still looking at yearly updates, it would make sense to be consistent. Going forward it could be June 40k/July AoS, which seems reasonable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Fungrim said:

To be fair this does bode well for Wood Aelves (Wanderers) getting their own release seperate from Sylvaneth, something that didn't look too likely for a while. 

It kind of felt like they'd renamed everything just for the sake of it, but perhaps they do have genuine plans to re-introduce all the Factions in their own right as time goes on

I kind of got the feeling that that some of the more generic "faction" names like Wanderers, Dispossessed, and Free Peoples where just holding places for legacy models. It still might be the case for some(I'm pretty sure Kharadron and Fyreslayers are the future of Dwarfs in AoS), but there might be some home for Wanderers.

Even when there are no concrete plans for those models in future, if those models are easily reproduced (plastics) and selling GW may as well just repackage them when needed.

I mean they can't just reproduce the product as it was - in Warhammer Fantasy Battle clothing. It needs a new box.

Makes more sense than not producing new stock for a product that's actually being depleted.

14 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I kind of got the feeling that that some of the more generic "faction" names like Wanderers, Dispossessed, and Free Peoples where just holding places for legacy models. It still might be the case for some(I'm pretty sure Kharadron and Fyreslayers are the future of Dwarfs in AoS), but there might be some home for Wanderers.

Agreed. I imagine they won't get much, probably the Seraphon treatment//if they're lucky the Khorne/FEC treatment (new battletome, rebox etc)

On 28/04/2017 at 1:25 AM, James McPherson said:

I think the new 40k starter box might be death guard/nurgle vs space marines. Epidemius has been marked as sold out for a while now on the web store, and the rumour pic a while ago looked a bit nurgley. It's all pointing towards a dual AOS & 40k Nurgle month (hopefully). if it's not i'll eat my hat :)

looks like it's deathguard vs ultramarines. June 17th . could bode well for a Nurgle dual release for AOS

• Like 1

Nurgle got a lot in End Times and have a fairly established Daemons range. Can't see them getting much on the new side for AoS.

Think it'll be largely 40k to be honest. There's loads of other armies I can see them doing before revisiting Nurgle in the realms

40 minutes ago, Fungrim said:

Nurgle got a lot in End Times and have a fairly established Daemons range. Can't see them getting much on the new side for AoS.

Think it'll be largely 40k to be honest. There's loads of other armies I can see them doing before revisiting Nurgle in the realms

what?

they got 5 heroes and blightkings. the daemons are made up of 40% finecast and 7 different units. 

khorne got, skullreapers/wrath mongers 4 bloodthirsters skarrblood wrath.

Then in aos bloodwarriors, blood reavers. mighty lord of khorne, skullgrinder, exalted deathrbringer x 2, bloodsecrator, slaughterpriest x 2 khorgoraths,aspiring deathbringer, , bloodstoker, skaarac, 2! battletomes, dice, cards, tokens, collectors battletome, starter boxes, and its own mini game..

Edited by Arkiham
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

what?

they got 5 heroes and blightkings. the daemons are made up of 40% finecast and 7 different units. 

khorne got, skullreapers/wrath mongers 4 bloodthirsters skarrblood wrath.

Then in aos bloodwarriors, blood reavers. mighty lord of khorne, skullgrinder, exalted deathrbringer x 2, bloodsecrator, slaughterpriest x 2 khorgoraths,aspiring deathbringer, , bloodstoker, skaarac, 2! battletomes, dice, cards, tokens, collectors battletome, starter boxes, and its own mini game..

Khorne is a starterbox force though, the main bad guys for the first few years of AoS. Who had fairly few minis before, that weren't Mortals.

Just figured they'd address Death and Aelves before going back to Nurgle