The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

One thing I'm wondering is what the sprues for the Seekers look like. It's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like the riders might not share too many parts, which might allow you to kitbash both builds using old steeds from spare daemonette seekers or hellstriders. I kinda doubt that this will be possible, but it would be an interesting value option to explore if you're on a budget.

Actually I think the only parts that vary are the arms and head.

What makes it tricky to see is that each body is quite unique in armour and style and the photos showing off the two variations use different angles for each seeker. So you might see a left leg from one and a right leg in the other and the two can be different on the model so it appears like its a different body. Looking at the poses they are the same.

The real question will be if the riders are unique to specific seeker bodies or not. One great thing of the current seeker kit is that the riders are totally universal* and can go onto any seeker. I hope its the same for this new kit, but it night not be possible. 

So I don't think you'll be able to get 2 for 1. I don't think it will even be possible/practical to magnetize either. However it will be interesting to see where they fit in and if they are more chaff or elite style riders. The Exalted Seeker mounts would "suggest" elite since exalted are normally rarer. However as exalted seekers are more used because they can persist in the real world more so than regular demons and thus take human riders; it might be that whilst they are rare creatures, they are ultimately a chaff or swarm unit compared to the fully demonic seeker riders and mounts. 

Ps the most super awesome would be if the new seekers can also take existing seeker mounts ,but I'm not holding out hope on that one since the current ones straddle the mount whilst these new ones are more perched on the mounts back. 

*not only are they universal within each set, but they can swap between them took. Seekers, seeker chariots (they have riders for some versions) and hellstriders all use the same seeker bodies and saddle shapes so the riders can interchange. 

@Overread, yeah I was looking at that and decided that I couldn't conclusively tell one way or the other, but I suspect that you are correct. It's VERY rare (never?) to see GW kits with duplicated torsos and legs.

I expect that these won't fit cleanly on existing seekers, but it may be possible with a little effort. If the riders can't be duplicated, however, then I'm not really sure why you'd want to.

Also news/rumour - ACTUAL RUMOUR!

It appears there's a new partworks magazine in the works for Warhammer 40K. It's set to have a UK trial run starting on 10/03/2021 (march).

https://www.newsstand.co.uk/205-tests-magazines/30049-subscribe-to-warhammer-imperium-test-magazine-subscription.aspx

This will be akin to the Warhammer one which ran before for 40K and the current AoS one. I'm aware that its 40K, however its still worth keeping an eye on as terrain and prices can be very affordable for those in target regions. Again this trial run is, so far as we know, UK only. There's no further details on what is included; though with its trial in march chances are we'll hear details fairly soon from GW. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

I wonder if that is enough to kitbash onto Hellstriders which will likely be at a lower cost point than the new models? 

Hard I would guess since the hellstrider arms are held apart and down whilst the new seekers have varied positions and are mostly held more upward. You might have a chance with the duel blades if you cut the blade itself off the hand at both ends and then stick it onto a weapon hand for a hellstrider model. 

• Thanks 1

A couple of years back I wanted to start a Mad Max: Fury Road inspired Slaanesh army  with mostly seeker riders and chariots and possibly a war mammoth centerpiece. But then the tome came out and focused so much on heroes that I abandoned the idea. Now with even more mounted Slaanesh kits and an absolutely perfect Immortan Joe stand-in it's like GW is taunting me XD

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

@Overread, yeah I was looking at that and decided that I couldn't conclusively tell one way or the other, but I suspect that you are correct. It's VERY rare (never?) to see GW kits with duplicated torsos and legs.

The Chaos Lord on Manticore kit allowed building both the Lord and the Sorcerer riders and switch between them if you don't glue the rider to the mount. That's the only kit I've seen so far that have enough parts to do that.

7 hours ago, Raviv said:

The Chaos Lord on Manticore kit allowed building both the Lord and the Sorcerer riders and switch between them if you don't glue the rider to the mount. That's the only kit I've seen so far that have enough parts to do that.

Karl Franz of course with battle wizard, generic general and himself on the big griffin. Heads of the griffin can be exchanged as well, due to the ridge it will stay put even without magnetizing.

I should buy another of those magnificent beasts.

Edited by zilberfrid

20 minutes ago, zamerion said:

confirmed.

Mymidesh 45

seekers 55

archers 40

slaangors 40

heroes 22.50

Thanks - do we know how much these are in pounds? Just that GW has a habit of using their own conversion rates when it comes to other currencies

Edit: Going off Lumineth and Ossiarch prices

Mymidesh £36.50

Seekers £43?

Archers £30

Slaangors £30

Heroes £17.50

Glutos £80

Sigvald £32 ish

If that's right, it's not quite as bad as Lumineth (as their core troops are £30 rather than £36.50), but still pricey

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Do we know what kind of base Glutos is on or how big he is? As that is cheaper than I expected

Me too - I think I was just very surprised by Teclis's and the Mega Gargant's prices that I was expecting in the £100 range.

Edit: actually he'll be cheaper than £80 - I can't see anything directly comparable to €90, and Katakros is €85 (£60) whereas the greater daemons are €110 (£85). So he's probably more like £65-75

Edited by Enoby

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Thanks - do we know how much these are in pounds? Just that GW has a habit of using their own conversion rates when it comes to other currencies

Usually, comparing existing kits on those prices in different currency works well. 

--

I'm more and more convinced we'll get "just" three Broken Realms books and then 3rd Edition with Destruction. Also wondering if the new Savage Orruks for Underworld will be a taste of things to come in the new Starter Set. I don't know why, just a feeling... And knowing from the latest BR short story that Slaanesh forces are too heading to Excelsis really is exciting ;) 

But is excepting : Slaanesh (+models), Daughters Of Khaine, Teclis (+models), Alarielle (no models ?), DESTRUCTION vs ORDER starter (so Warclan and SCE / COS / Devoted Battletomes, so + models) and later Soulblight Gravelords (+ models, at least a lord) in the same year a bit too much ?

Knowing WHU and Warhammer Quest (and Warcry, surely) releases schedules are still running next to AOS............

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

--

I'm more and more convinced we'll get "just" three Broken Realms books and then 3rd Edition with Destruction.

Agree in the number of books. I remember they mentioned the "elven gods" so maybe we'll just get Broken Realms:Alarielle and be done with it?

Edited by Marcvs

15 minutes ago, Enoby said:

It does a bit. Maybe they just forgot to mention the Ironscale and Warscroll cards, but if feels they're a bit forgotten being tied in with a massive release.

Ironscale is not forgotten, it's just that GW starts to sell those separately some time after double boxes where they appeared first. Same as Ogor Tyrant, KO Endrinmaster and many more

6 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Agree in the number of books. I remember they mentioned the "elven gods" so maybe we'll just get Broken Realms:Alarielle and be done with it?

Or maybe there's a surprise 4th one, like BR: Malerion or Tyrion?

Edited by Raviv

9 minutes ago, Boar said:

Ironscale is not forgotten, it's just that GW starts to sell those separately some time after double boxes where they appeared first. Same as Ogor Tyrant, KO Endrinmaster and many more

Well, Lord of Pain is mentionned and will be avalaible for preorder.

Why not Ironscale?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Usually, comparing existing kits on those prices in different currency works well. 

--

I'm more and more convinced we'll get "just" three Broken Realms books and then 3rd Edition with Destruction. Also wondering if the new Savage Orruks for Underworld will be a taste of things to come in the new Starter Set. I don't know why, just a feeling... And knowing from the latest BR short story that Slaanesh forces are too heading to Excelsis really is exciting ;) 

But is excepting : Slaanesh (+models), Daughters Of Khaine, Teclis (+models), Alarielle (no models ?), DESTRUCTION vs ORDER starter (so Warclan and SCE / COS / Devoted Battletomes, so + models) and later Soulblight Gravelords (+ models, at least a lord) in the same year a bit too much ?

Knowing WHU and Warhammer Quest (and Warcry, surely) releases schedules are still running next to AOS............

We are missing updates for, if I remember correctly : Fyreslayers, KO, Seraphon, Sylvaneth/Blades of Khorne, Disciples of Tzeentch, Skaven, Beasts /Legions of Nagash, Nighthaunt/Ogor Mawtribes, Orruk Warclans, Gloomspite Gitz, Sons of Behemat. Those are 14 factions. I don't think it is going to be only one more book (Alarielle -> Sylvaneth, Skaven, KO, Khorne, Gitz, for instance), as that would only cover 5 or 6 factions, with almost 10 receiving no love during the "campaign".

However, I could see BR: Alarielle dropping with no Destruction factions, covering 6 of Order vs Chaos, then releasing Gravelords and FAQing Legions of Nagash and end up with AoS 3, along with new battletomes for those forgotten. But I wouldn't be surprised with a Malerion release to finish the "year of the elf" (2020-2021).

In any case, exciting times. Hope there is another preview soon (I think it's going to be on the 2nd week of March, just before BR: Teclis)

And I also definitely hope that Sylvaneth or any other of the factions with a smaller range receive some love in their BR tome.