The Rumour Thread

This was in Behold the Kharadron Overlords.

2 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I talked to a distributor today and apparently only the Thunderers (5 for $40) and Gunship ($50) are going on preorder this week.

Look, an actual rumor ;)

• Like 2

Just read something on the latest Warhammer community post where they talk about preparations for the Warhammer fest tournaments.

Now bear in mind this is a stab in the dark but I think we might be seeing some 6 x 4 battle mats on route.

Currently we are preparing and planning to….

• Build 450 70-piece Citadel Woods… 
    • …which will take 300 hours to build… 
    • … and 100 hours to paint
  • Pack all those with 1000 Warhammer 40,000 scenery pieces, 1000 Age of Sigmar scenery pieces and 500 The Hobbit™ Strategy Battle Game scenery pieces.
  • Transport them 49 miles to the Ricoh Arena
  • Arrange 350 tables and 700+ chairs
  • Unfurl 350 Battle Mats
  • Open up 150 Blood Bowl pitches and 300 dugouts
  • Print and mount at least 50 certificates
  • Polish 15 trophies

Now the the Age of Sigmar games are 1750 points, so too big for 4x4 mats

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/18/updates-to-grand-tournaments-at-warhammer-fest/

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Brucimus said:

Just read something on the latest Warhammer community post where they talk about preparations for the Warhammer fest tournaments.

Now bear in mind this is a stab in the dark but I think we might be seeing some 6 x 4 battle mats on route.

Now the the Age of Sigmar games are 1750 points, so too big for 4x4 mats

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/18/updates-to-grand-tournaments-at-warhammer-fest/

Or are GW using another company's mats? There are already a lot of mats out there with most of the standard terrain covered. I'm not a fan of the 4x4 mats GW have done as the 'terrain' on  them is too restrictive. I think GW would be better served sticking to their gaming boards and letting other companies make the battlemats.

16 minutes ago, Fungrim said:

Apologies if this is old news, but the Death skeletons are unavailable on the website (to be replaced with the Shadespire ones????!)

They won't get replaced by the shadespire ones, they are push fit mono-pose models and you only get the ones you see.

Plus shadespire isn't due until much later this year. I'm sure they're just getting a reboxing.

1 hour ago, Brucimus said:

They won't get replaced by the shadespire ones, they are push fit mono-pose models and you only get the ones you see.

Plus shadespire isn't due until much later this year. I'm sure they're just getting a reboxing.

Agreed - if they were going I'd fully expect to see the start collecting box vanishing too.

2 hours ago, Brucimus said:

A Deathrattle battletome would make perfect sense to lead in to the Shadespire release

• Like 1

Deathrattle battletome, including Deathlords maybe? 

Can't see why they'd just randomly re-box the standard skeles for no reason. Usually happens as part of a re-release. 

Also, genuinely not sure of this - does 'no longer available' on GW website hold different connotations to 'temporarily unavailable' ?? Would a re-box just warrant the latter, whereas the former sounds a bit more... terminal?

1 minute ago, Fungrim said:

Deathrattle battletome, including Deathlords maybe? 

Can't see why they'd just randomly re-box the standard skeles for no reason. Usually happens as part of a re-release. 

Also, genuinely not sure of this - does 'no longer available' on GW website hold different connotations to 'temporarily unavailable' ?? Would a re-box just warrant the latter, whereas the former sounds a bit more... terminal?

What would they do if they ran out of Warhammer Fantasy Battle branded stock?

Edited by Turragor

Note that the indication on the website is identical to that of the Carnosaur/Troglodon, which is also still available via a Start Collecting box. The Carnosaur/Troglodon has been that way for several weeks now, so I doubt that one is being reboxed (just personal expectations -- I have no information on that).

3 hours ago, Brucimus said:

Yeah, I'm sure they are being reboxed to have round bases with the new white AOS branding.  It would be nice if they got an extra 10 guys in the box, but I'm not hopeful over that.  Question will be if the price goes up due to the reboxing.

Edited by wayniac

4 minutes ago, wayniac said:

Yeah, I'm sure they are being reboxed to have round bases with the new white AOS branding.  It would be nice if they got an extra 10 guys in the box, but I'm not hopeful over that.  Question will be if the price goes up due to the reboxing.

If they follow previous reboxings the price will go up but the price per model will remain the same or go down.