The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Really excited for this preview, should be some good stuff to see judging by these teasers.

I just pray to Sigmar and the Emperor that these aren't just more Warbands/kill-teams, small units in which the sculpts are beautiful but we never see the unit or army range expanded beyond that. :(

Roll on Saturday!!

I fear that might be the case. Which is why I've started to convert some of them as either Heroes or unit leaders etc. The models are too cool to not use.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, strugglewithin1 said:

I think people are on to something with chaos warrior ques in that image. Maybe a slaanesh warrior? the disc on the right of the armour could be the 'breast' that used to be on older slaanesh champions?

There is 0% chance this is a devoted slaanesh sculpt. The circular thingy is a common CSW element

9 minutes ago, strugglewithin1 said:

Yeah true. Been a while since I looked at them

It's also way too shabby looking for a Slaaneshi sculpt. I feel like the common Chaos Warriors aren't sophisticated enough with all their tears and holes for Tzeentch and Slaanesh. Which is unfortunate, really.  I hope new Chosen will one day have more of a T/S look to them. :)

5 hours ago, Charleston said:

I would have a crazy suggestion: Do you see that Knife on the Chaos Warrior? Only Chaos Warrior so far that has such a Dagger in his Warscroll is the Hero-Option  named Exalted Hero of Chaos.

Some wild guesses: The Exalted hero can be maybe build from the new Warriors or Chosen Kit.

One of the new warrior sculpts has a dagger as well, it's not as ornate as this one though. 

• Thanks 1

Could the rumour engine be Slaanesh Ogres?  There have been a few references to them (Mawtribe book, Morathi).

Would also be good to have a god troop besides blight kings that is large infantry.

The cloak thing definately looks warrior/hero related

Edited by Marius au

33 minutes ago, Marius au said:

Could the rumour engine be Slaanesh Ogres?  There have been a few references to them (Mawtribe book, Morathi).

Would also be good to have a god troop besides blight kings that is large infantry.

The cloak thing definately looks warrior/hero related

idk the weapon look too small to be an Ogor weapon to begin with

13 hours ago, Charleston said:

I don´t think so. The Blade is similar but the part beneath in the RE looks like a rough but down stick. Has a rather Gitmob-tainted flavor

I hope the short story “the clobbering” is a hint that we are getting a new ironjawz unit. 

His challenger, Grakka the Spear, was springing up and down in the mud on his long, nasty-clawed feet. He was taller than Bokkrog, rangy in the arms, all gristle and sinew and with no good eating on him. Probably weighed about half as much as him, too, especially with the basher-armour covering Bokkrog’s body from head to toe. But his opponent was younger, full of the fire of confidence, and he had a mad toothy grin that Bokkrog didn’t like one bit. Maybe this one would slip his jagged spear blade through a gap in his armour and end it all. Or maybe not

A faster unit of infantry that does something different would be very welcome 

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

I hope the short story “the clobbering” is a hint that we are getting a new ironjawz unit. 

His challenger, Grakka the Spear, was springing up and down in the mud on his long, nasty-clawed feet. He was taller than Bokkrog, rangy in the arms, all gristle and sinew and with no good eating on him. Probably weighed about half as much as him, too, especially with the basher-armour covering Bokkrog’s body from head to toe. But his opponent was younger, full of the fire of confidence, and he had a mad toothy grin that Bokkrog didn’t like one bit. Maybe this one would slip his jagged spear blade through a gap in his armour and end it all. Or maybe not

A faster unit of infantry that does something different would be very welcome 

As pointed out from @novakaithe short story describes the "awakening" of a bonesplitter : a normal/simple orc became a bonesplitter only after Gorkamorka'ss call as for "new" lore. 

It is probably a hint tha orruks/gordrakk/gorkamorka will be part of broken realms royal rumble ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

ff4d6da0-ff03-46ed-9893-b956459bae6c.jpg.da7b6426eaef3f10b3749e9961758361.jpg

Dark Mechanicus. This is a big bomb for the 40k players.

I feel like this one along with the one that look like Dark eldar look like artwork more then models. I mean isn’t that flames on the foreground  on the bottom left that are drawn in.

47 minutes ago, novakai said:

I feel like this one along with the one that look like Dark eldar look like artwork more then models. I mean isn’t that flames on the foreground  on the bottom left that are drawn in.

Yeah, this is definitely artwork. But who knows, could be a stand-in for a model that will be shown and is painted in the last minute before the release? :)

22 hours ago, KaptainWalrus said:

The dagger looks a lot like the one on the Chaos Champion from 6th edition.

Pic.jpg

You know what, I think you are on the mark. Looks very similar to those old Chaos Champions, the silhouette looks like he is dual wielding too. I am going to bet it's a Slaves to Darkness Underworlds Warband. Chaos Champion leader supported by two Warriors or Chosen, kind of like how Zarbag is an update of the metal grot shamans, or how Hrothgorn is an update to the resin Icebrow Hunter.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 3

I saw on another site that the latest white dwarf references the “Tomb of Champions 2020” in the section containing Bugmansson’s Warcry rules.

I know there was some speculation that the upcoming grand alliance books would take the place of this year’s tomb of champions, but it seems we’ll be getting both.