The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

True, I was referring to Lumineth and Idoneth specifically.   I am intrigued, though, about how they divvied up the souls between the four of them.  I suppose it's possible that you were a High Elf swallowed by Slaanesh one moment and then wake up to find you're worshipping Morathi and wagging your tail.  It would make for an interesting storyline.

I just pictured that Homer Simpson gif where he slowly walk backwards into the bushes, but with a tall high elf hat 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I like the idea of Cities changing, I hope it happens more as the story progresses through various realms.

It allows for interesting narratives to happen, keep things fresh and allow for new lists and unit options.

Yep, though if they're going the way of Anvilgard/Har-Whatever, they might want to drop the 'of Sigmar' suffix going forward 😜

(Pls Grungni take over Greywater Fastness, u were always my pal and I need more cannons 🙏🙏🙏)

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Yep, though if they're going the way of Anvilgard/Har-Whatever, they might want to drop the 'of Sigmar' suffix going forward 😜

(Pls Grungni take over Greywater Fastness, u were always my pal and I need more cannons 🙏🙏🙏)

I have been dropping that since its release.

39 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Grungni probably should focus on his own realm first considering that Chamon is still chaos controlled.

Greywater should probably be destroy by Sylvaneath because of the deforestation and crime against nature

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

So I checked the Warscrolls for the Slaves to Darkness Chariot box are there no special rules for the named Charioteer? 

Will they just be connected to the battalion or do we not know yet? 

Sorry, I was just strangely excited to make my Chariot into a hero maybe because I run Ravagers or maybe because my army's Knights lack a dedicated mounted hero to lead them into battle.

Edited by Neverchosen

- New rules for Morathi herself, representing her new-found power, as well as a new Daughters of Khaine subfaction that offer Morathi’s personal guard of Scáthborn powerful bonuses.

- Two new sets of allegiance abilities for the Cities of Sigmar, representing the newly-annexed Anvilgard – now known as Har Kuron – and the shadowy domain of Misthåvn, each with their own abilities, artefacts, command traits, and more.

- Rules for Stormkeep armies – defensive forces of Stormcast Eternals where unbreakable shieldwalls of Liberators fight side-by-side with human auxiliaries.

- Significant updates to the Idoneth Deepkin, aimed at making your sea-beasts even more dangerous with Mount Traits and more.

- A suite of warscroll battalions to enhance your Cities of Sigmar, Stormcast Eternals, Daughters of Khaine, Slaves to Darkness, and Idoneth Deepkin armies.

So........ Where's the description of the idolrators of slave to darkness?

They also listed slave to darkness as Deepkin's servant.

GW doesn't seem to be interested in slave to darkness.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

So I checked the Warscrolls for the Slaves to Darkness Chariot box are there no special rules for the named Charioteer? 

Will they just be connected to the battalion or do we not know yet? 

Sorry, I was just strangely excited to make my Chariot into a hero maybe because I run Ravagers or maybe because my army's Knights lack a dedicated mounted hero to lead them into battle.

not sure if there is one

the table of content doesn't list anything about a chaos chariot warscroll (well in fact the S2D section is sort of messed up and merged with the Deepkin section for some reason)

and Broken realm website didn't mention anything about a new warscroll for S2D either

• Thanks 1

On where Idoneth came from - they were all the souls devoted to Mathlann. So not just High Elves but likely Eataine /Lothern, Cothique and other outer kingdoms from Ulthuan, Sea Elves chilling in Marienburg etc, and, especially, Black Ark Corsairs from Naggaroth.

I sometimes wonder if Volty has Aislinn or Lokhir’s soul...

We thus have as well as the Phoenix Guard / Hysh paradox a Corsair one, whereby most world that was Corsairs will have become Idoneth

Edited by Lord of the Isle

5 hours ago, Doko said:

Australian site we can read Two new sets of allegiance abilities for the Cities of Sigmar, representing the newly-annexed Anvilgard – now known as Har Kuron –

so or new har kuron is 100% old anvilguard rules but only with a name change that would be stupid yes we have lost the rules of anvilgaurd and we cant play it

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Broken-Realms-Morathi-EN-2020

So there was an accidental misprint on Warhammer Community recently where instead of Daughters of Khaine they were called the Umbraneth. They fixed in within the hour, but that name probably didn't come out of thin air. We also had the agents of Morathi who were a mix of DoK and classic Dark Aelf designs. Maybe we will see some big reunion of DoK with some of the more classic Dark Aelf stuff in a future codex. Kind of like the Bonesplitter/Ironjawz combo in Orruk Warclans, Gutbusters/Beastclaw combo in Mawtribes, or multiple subfactions of Gloomspite.

It's a long shot, but the Lumineth lore is set up to be divided between Tyrion and Teclis followers, so the rumored Umbraneth could have the Morathi-Khainites in one half and the Malerion worshippers on the other to mirror their light-attributed kin (like how Hysh and Ulgu oppose eachother).

The book, the box and the Idoneth set ordered-seems like a good start for 3 new forces :D. I have also got Morathi yesterday ;). Do you think we all get our orders quickly or some of us will have to wait additional weeks due to lockdown? I am still waiting for my orders with hexmark and lokhust destroyers  :(.

Any guesses about tommorrow's "Next week" article?

• Like 1

Okay. Mind blown.

There are THREE MAPS in that book, including one of a part of the Realm of Shadows, Ulgu itself ! ❤️❤️❤️

Also, 70 pages of fluff, new artworks, cool paginations, "three acts" structure, a Dramatis Personae section (like Horus Heresy or Forbidden Power had) ? Recent 40k books are so low quality compared to that.

100% SOLD. 

2 minutes ago, Mitzrael said:

(...)

Any guesses about tommorrow's "Next week" article?

Maybe Blood Bowl ?

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 5