The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

What do we think price wise? 

I'm guessing £120 for the daughters/slannesh box and £30 for the broken realms book. 

In Euros I expect:

160€ for Shadow and Pain (140€ would be a pleasant surprise)

45€ for the Book. 75€ for the Collectors Edition

32,50€ for the amazing Bugmansson 👌🏻

Edited by JackStreicher

1 hour ago, OkayestDM said:

I honestly wasn't expecting the Morathi book to drop so soon! I've got a Stormcast and Cities army, and a friend who has Idoneth. I'm really excited to see what they do for the different armies!

As a side not, it is generally believed or understood that Broken Realms is the AoS Psychic Awakening that will likely lead into our third edition. The new 40k edition launched with a huge update to 2 different armies. Are we expecting to see something similar here? Will the culmination of Broken Realms be the release of Slaanesh, and will their mortal forces herald in the new edition? Or do we think that Destruction will be taking center stage, and their armies will receive a substantial boost? (I certainly wouldn't complain if Ironjawz were hit with a big expansion!)

I'm hoping Destruction takes centre stage. I'd love for Gordrakk to take the siege to Excelsis, bringing in a massive Waaagh backed up by a few Sons of Behemat tribes. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

What do we think price wise? 

I'm guessing £120 for the daughters/slannesh box and £30 for the broken realms book. 

Based on the price of the contents and GW's current price points in general I'd expect £140 right now and be darn happy with anything cheaper. £120 would be a sweet spot, but GW has been pricing just that bit higher than the sweet spot as of late. 

Morathi £30-40 with the limited edition £40-50. 

8 minutes ago, Bayul said:

Do those battalion sets replace the battleforce boxes year?

I would not expect them too, they are much smaller in content than normal Christmas Boxed sets. They could, but so far GW has given no hint that they will. They are just themes based around the Morathi book - likely to help generate popularity for the book since GW is not rolling out loads of new models for it. If they come with some discount then they will likely be popular for those who own those armies already. 

10 minutes ago, Bayul said:

Do those battalion sets replace the battleforce boxes year?

Nice question. This month is 7 boxes with 8 army's... if every month are 2 new codexes for 40k and a book of broken realms with 4 factions and 4 boxes is at least 6 boxes each month, and if they release a vs box we got 2 more.

It's a lot of army's to choose 

2 minutes ago, Mitzrael said:

I wonder how many books will BR series have and if there are going to be other bundle boxes along next books?

I’d think a box a book is likely. 
if five factions per book is an average of 5 books. But they can stretch it with adding more cities, or slaves to darkness appear multiple times or even whole new factions. 
would be a relatively nice amount to spread almost bimonthly until summer for a new edition Instead of a new ghb. 

4 minutes ago, Rhetoric said:

As an IDK player, the biggest news is new scrolls for Allopex/Leviadon/Eidolon.  Reaaaaaally hoping there’s something new as well for IDK.

Right now we don't know if the new rules are outright replacements for the battletome rules; niche named units only taken in specific formations or even only taken in specific sub-armies with specific allegiance differences. Hopefully this week or next we'll get a better idea of how the book works and certainly in 2 weeks well have it in our hands and can read through. 

20 hours ago, novakai said:

i don't remember something like that in Forbidden Power, but in Soul Wars i believe the Deathwalker lady was known for her garden presumably because her flowers smelled good (or since they are Undead, really bad)

In a LARP, there was an overgrown tomb where plant covered zombies came from that were hard to kill in the forest. That bad guy was called Ecotep (not always a serious LARP). Maybe they got some ideas from that. (GW taking ideas from an obscure Dutch LARP seems very likely).

On a more serious note, there's a connection between the Briarqueen and, well, plant based undead.

Edited by zilberfrid

31 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

In a LARP, there was an overgrown tomb where plant covered zombies came from that were hard to kill in the forest. That bad guy was called Ecotep (not always a serious LARP). Maybe they got some ideas from that.

On a more serious note, there's a connection between the Briarqueen and, well, plant based undead.

I think it's rather: " Plants vs Zombies? This time it's Plants & Zombies!"

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 4:06 PM, lskupien926 said:

New army possibly on the horizon, dont really know what this is thoughxo9g1MduhNIUlscw.jpg

Honestly, Zombie or not that is clearly a scarecrow..its got straw coming out of its back and a crow sitting on what could easily be a hat. I honestly think i'd prefer scarecrows to zombies, the hammerhal herald thing also showed weird Shakespearean  flesh eaters so i'd be all for a really whacky horror army

Edit: What I would really love is if it's a zombie special unit that has the abiliity to summon crows...that would be epic. Would make the bird house make sense too

Edited by Damosane
more thoughts

3 hours ago, Doko said:

So sad see a old hero as bugmann back but he isnt a dispossesed.........i guess if ungrim come back gonna be as a fyreslayer lol

Whats the points in dispossesed then if we never gonna get models new and only get our roster deleted little a little in each general handbook

Well, there's the niggling doubt about Cities and continuous support...

On the other hand, Bugman's has been referenced associated with Kharadron before.

4 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Well, there's the niggling doubt about Cities and continuous support...

On the other hand, Bugman's has been referenced associated with Kharadron before.

I find it notable that none of the folks who frequently post about how GW is an inch from squatting Cities have eaten their hats upon seeing new rules for cities in the very first Broken Realms book.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

I find it notable that none of the folks who frequently post about how GW is an inch from squatting Cities have eaten their hats upon seeing new rules for cities in the very first Broken Realms book.

Is there a new mold? If no, it's just paper. I don't really wear hats. I just go headlong into an idea and then get anxious about its future. Thus mini agnostic rulesets.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Is there a new mold? If no, it's just paper.

It's new paper. At the same time its new GW paper and GW paper isn't cheap, plus if they are spending money on paper it means they've intentions to keep that force around. As I've said before, if GW wanted Cities gone in the short to medium term they'd have killed them at the 2.0 changeover. That was the natural point for GW to kill off armies and get away with it with muted backlash because they were rebuilding the game. From 2.0 onward I'd expect medium to long term support for each army. With the potential exception for Legions of Nagash and Cities of Sigmar as both could be armies that, eventually, get fragmented into their own standing forces. Ergo not so much lost as grown outside. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2