The Rumour Thread

i am guessing they are going to reveal the full seraphon and maybe the another warbands (OBR would be my guess) since they like to releasing a pair of new warbands out after the starter set is release. though last year there was a bit of a delay with Grymwatch coming out first before Snarlfang but they tend to release them in pairs.

granted i think this preview is going to be relatively smaller and that they are planning a bigger reveal later in the year (November) that will have more AoS and 40k content.

I'd welcome seeing something like Ossiarchs or Idoneth for Destruction - ergo something new and wild and creative that isn't another gobbo or orruk. Not that they are bad, but they've got them and seeing something new would be refreshing for Destruction. Plus any Orruk or Gobbo releases really should to into the two forces they've got now rather than spreading them thin. 

The big preview is on the 31st of October on WARHAMMER DAY. That's likely when we'll see our first real look at some of the content coming up for the new Morathi book as well as what is to follow for AoS in general moving into 2021. Since right now we know the new duel army box contents (Daughters of Khaine and Slaanesh) for November and we know the book is coming but not quite what is inside it. The preview next weekend will likely cover the new Warcry set and the Dok warband within that. So that means about the only thing left for 2020 is the christmas bundle boxes. Otherwise its roll on preview for 2021. 

There might be one more set of 40K models though - since they did sneak a look at some upcoming "not marine nor necron" models a few weeks back. They could well come and be the last new model releases of 2020. 

• Like 6

I am expecting full WU starter reveal, maybe a model from another warband like they did with skink to hype season more. Warcry content is revealed already so we might see upcoming warbands (hopefully not chaos :D) to hype starter which is going on preorder next weekend. BB is not my teritory but we saw content from new starter already if I remmeber correctly.

1 hour ago, Matt Effect said:

I'm not expecting Seraphon until further into next year. Looking at the past releases the core and first wave have always been one of each grand alliance. In that case the first wave is likely to be a death and destruction warbands.

Thinking of the chameleon skink, there's also no guarantee that they'll show off a warband just because they've previewed a model from it. The bat squig that comes with Mollog's Mob was one of the first Nightvault models previewed and I think they were something like the fifth or sixth warband released.

8 hours ago, Overread said:

The big preview is on the 31st of October on WARHAMMER DAY. That's likely when we'll see our first real look at some of the content coming up for the new Morathi book as well as what is to follow for AoS in general moving into 2021. Since right now we know the new duel army box contents (Daughters of Khaine and Slaanesh) for November and we know the book is coming but not quite what is inside it. The preview next weekend will likely cover the new Warcry set and the Dok warband within that. So that means about the only thing left for 2020 is the christmas bundle boxes. Otherwise its roll on preview for 2021. 

I dunno if I’m just missing something, but I can’t see any mention of a preview on Warhammer Day. 

Well I assume they'll preview something - its not as if they can do anything else really. They can't hold events due to lockdowns and safety. So what's left is hobby stuff which they mostly cover in white dwarf/instagram and such and the rest is news and previews. Perhaps also a recap of the last year. But basically they can't do a whole event with games and boards and such so previews are the only thing left for them

2 hours ago, Fulcanelli said:

I'd love to see a warband (or an entire army, why not) of insectoid people for Destruction faction. Something like the Ambull of Blackstone Fortress.
Would be an insta-buy for me.

I hope the Ur-Grub gets a model and an insectoid destruction faction would be the best thing for me. Just hope it's not AoS Tyranids, make them unique.

9f061b_8a23e7902c8c4b7ea09fbee9aa54b6fe_mv2.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Harpo2 said:

Could be a Kurnothi base decoration. Sylvaneth models tend to have bugs and such hanging around them, Kurnothi could be the same.

Yeah something about this seems fairly in line with the spites on Sylvaneth. 

My immediate thought was that cool insectoid skull teaser from underworld. But I would love it to be Kurnothi aelves....

Maybe it is a parasitic army and those thin ghoulish hands we have associated with vampires are actually the emaciated victims of these parasites. Heck that might be how they are reinterpreting vampires for AOS?

But more than anything I just want it to be AOS rather than 40k. 

Edited by Neverchosen