The Rumour Thread

oooooooooooooooooooh no, I've got it. ****** anything like worrying about if it's good or not if we're going for pure theme I'd have him vomit up ghosts.

PEPTO DISMAL

Big Drogg Fort Kicka has roamed the Shyish hinterlands for so long, absorbing vast amounts of necromantic energy, that his prodigious stomach has become a literal fear factory. The Mega-Gargant's gut now bubbles with amethyst bile that can strip the souls from any unfortunate stuffed down his gaping maw before their enraged spirit is expelled in a stream of ethereal vomit.

something, something at the end of each round roll a something for each model killed and on X place a new chainrasp model within 3" or whatever. roll a double 6 and his latest dinner disagrees with him so much nighthaunts start shooting out both ends.

🧙‍♂️🥱🤢🤮👻

EDIT: one for what I'd like to see in 3rd Edition - all unit abilities must be able to be described in emojis. it's the lingua franca of the 21st century

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

After two decades of playing Warhammer games there rarely isn‘t in my opinion. 
Mostly it feels like they randomly write rules that sometimes, via accident create synergies and a good army while they often don‘t xD That‘s at least what it feels like. ^^

Nah nah nah, you just don't get the higher, and probably warpstone induced, depth that goes into GW rules

Edited by Kramer
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

3cFQi54T0s1meNNN.jpg

Newest Rumour Engine. Incredible.

I feel that puts the speculation to rest: 

Between theories of Werewolves, Soulblight and countless other deathly minions vs debates of Malerion, Slaanesh mortals or any other desired army... clearly the Emperor's missing Legion of Space Carrion is finally getting it's due!

But this is a really cool model and it seems that the next army will have a wicked bird theme. I feel still think Soulblight is likely but I feel like crows and vultures would pair better with a Deathwalker theme.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Thought that too. But that little spike it sits on, looks too tiny/delicate for Ogors to me. 

Possibly it's a spiky protrusion from the saddle or howdah or back banner? Sitting above a Frost King or something. It's not a million miles from the existing Blood Vulture and given we already have that big chunk of ogre-looking armour with a similar stolen dwarf shield to the one on the existing kit...

It looks pretty naturalistic compared to daemonic stuff, if a bit scraggly. Something Destruction seems plausible. A living vulture would be odd for an undead model, not sufficiently gothic or a construct, and it feels too ungainly for shadow elves.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Thought that too. But that little spike it sits on, looks too tiny/delicate for Ogors to me. 

As long as it’s delicious. 😁

Huskard may be the only(?)  vulture in AoS so far. But a fourth spellcaster variant on foot for the Ogors doesn’t seem to make much sense atm, with so much more immediate stuff to do.

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 1

obviously it's a new version of these bad birb boys for Adeptus Titanicus 

but *puts on serious toy soldier hat*

19 minutes ago, Kramer said:

My initial thought was that spike bit looked quite Stormcast'y and it's a vulture perched on the corpse of a SCE, part of the basing for a bigger centre piece model, which would open it up to being from an Ogor Over Tyrant or Death or I don't know one of those legendary magical deep sea vulture spells we all know IDK have coming.

document-20191219-0009-1.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like a vulture so something death or destruction is most likely. Maybe GW is doing a vampires/soulblight warcry warband (would fit with a good few of the showy items we've seen). Or maybe the pesky crows have got some reinforcements to help them steal more parts from Ossiarchs

1 hour ago, Beastmaster said:

As long as it’s delicious. 😁

Huskard may be the only(?)  vulture in AoS so far. But a fourth spellcaster variant on foot for the Ogors doesn’t seem to make much sense atm, with so much more immediate stuff to do.

Acolytes have one as well:

FB0888B8-8AA9-4910-A66C-6D82EB961D85.jpeg.9b970f0e25a458e2010f9485a8407ec5.jpeg

but there are some notable differences like the ‘scarf’ of feathers at the base of the neck.