The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I really wish they told us BEFORE this preview that they had decided to split the adepticon previews into even more pieces and that today's preview would only get us about halfway through the planned adepticon previews.ย  Was kind of lame to get the news after excitedly waiting for what we were told was going to be the "biggest Warhammer preview ever" that "we'll be back in 2 weeks with the rest!"

They might not have known before. The UK government was giving them till April 14th - now advice sounds like it might not be until the end of MAY that the sanctions lift and factories can open. The situation keeps remaining fluid and GW has to tease things out so that they've got something to keep customers interested and to keep marketing to us during this prolonged period of shutdown.

ย 

Asides it doesn't really matter if stuff is strung out; we can't buy any of it. It won't come any sooner. All we can do is talk about it for the next months.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

REMINDER - Soul Wars is still only ยฃ1 from Black Libraryย https://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar/novels/ebook-soul-wars.html
That's BOTH the Ebook and the Audio book being sold each at ยฃ1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

The names do look to align with the concept art.ย 

Kraken-eater is holding part of a boat in his hand, with other maritime objects on him (anchors, etc). There's also crew still on the boat in the art, which if the model ends up being heavily based off it will be the Humans referred to presumably.

The Stomper is wielding a weapon in each hand, appears to be more heavily armoured/geared than the others including a metal bowl helmet.ย 

The Gatebreaker has the topknot, the... well, gate covering his groin and a single club, probably resembles the old plastic kit the most.

f59ab9068ed9e467f048423cf2c66071_61979.p

From what was said on stream, it sounds like Aleguzzler will remain it's own thing, probably to fluff the unit numbers out a bit?ย 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The names do look to align with the concept art.ย 

Kraken-eater is holding part of a boat in his hand, with other maritime objects on him (anchors, etc). There's also crew still on the boat in the art, which if the model ends up being heavily based off it will be the Humans referred to presumably.

The Stomper is wielding a weapon in each hand, appears to be more heavily armoured/geared than the others including a metal bowl helmet.ย 

The Gatebreaker has the topknot, the... well, gate covering his groin and a single club, probably resembles the old plastic kit the most.

f59ab9068ed9e467f048423cf2c66071_61979.p

From what was said on stream, it sounds like Aleguzzler will remain it's own thing, probably to fluff the unit numbers out a bit?ย 

I'd say the Aleguzzler and Bonegrinder will help push the model count up. With the Aleguzzler still able to be taken as an ally for other armies.

35 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I really wish they told us BEFORE this preview that they had decided to split the adepticon previews into even more pieces and that today's preview would only get us about halfway through the planned adepticon previews.ย  Was kind of lame to get the news after excitedly waiting for what we were told was going to be the "biggest Warhammer preview ever" that "we'll be back in 2 weeks with the rest!"

Why, you got a lot on at the moment?ย 

Edited by Nos
  • Haha 6

31 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

On the AOS Facebook page, GW confirmed that the new Sons kits will come with more humans!! Johanns family?

GREAT ! To me that's today's best news haha.ย 

I'd love to get some proper AOS humans like the poor Johan or the Crazy Mob from Mordheim that are not dead (the Order Barbarian tomb from the shattered dominion objectives kits or the zombie peasant held in the Lord Of Afflication's hand...). Not counting the brave Excelsior Warpriest that is ;)ย 

Well that was an okay-day. Liked the cataphractii Word Bearers and the Harlequin the most I guess.ย 

Looking forward for the 18 of April !ย 

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Me either. I think itll be a single Gargant with some Human allies. First Destructive Mortal Tribesman?

Alliesย  ? I hope not, a giantย should be in a other category than a troll or an ogre...

I was expecting some bulkier giants, but it make sense they kept the previous design. And it indeed has a very welcomeย non grimdark fairy taleย touch.

Would you put your money on 3 kits or 1 multi build for the 3 giants in the pictures ?

Edited by christophe

I'm so happy we finally got the tease we waited last week for - now that I know they're indeed real and on their way, I'm not that bothered by not seeing any models yet. But I wonder, how expensive will they be pointwise? You'd think that in a 1K game you'd only run 2-3 (in my last 1K game I ran Troggoths, about 9 models) ๐Ÿค” Guess time will tell~

Yeah a lot of direct order only is only sold at pretty much GW levels from 3rd parties so you can make a significant saving there - and if it applies to FW then that's an even bigger boon. NOTE I'm aware that store bought vouchers can only be redeemed in a store and not online. I've on idea if FW and GW operate the same vouchers or if they have different vouchers. Ergo if you want a FW model you "might" have to get the voucher from FW and not from the GW store. Keep that in mind.

ย 

It's basically a 10% saving, which is pretty neat.ย 

1 hour ago, christophe said:

Alliesย  ? I hope not, a giantย should be in a other category than a troll or an ogre...

I was expecting some bulkier giants, but it make sense they kept the previous design. And it indeed has a very welcomeย non grimdark fairy taleย touch.

Would you put your money on 3 kits or 1 multi build for the 3 giants in the pictures ?

I absolutely love the Fairy tale aesthetic that the Sons and Gloomspite have going on.

I'm not sure about the kits myself, I'm hoping that they're 3 individual kits which can be posed in a variety of ways as opposed to a Single monopose kit.

39 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Looks like this release is going to have a powerful Roald Dahl BFG energy - Childchewer, Gizzardgulper, Fleshlumpeater, that sort of thing - and Iโ€™m here for it.

Its perfect isnt it.

11 minutes ago, Overread said:

Yeah a lot of direct order only is only sold at pretty much GW levels from 3rd parties so you can make a significant saving there - and if it applies to FW then that's an even bigger boon. NOTE I'm aware that store bought vouchers can only be redeemed in a store and not online. I've on idea if FW and GW operate the same vouchers or if they have different vouchers. Ergo if you want a FW model you "might" have to get the voucher from FW and not from the GW store. Keep that in mind.

ย 

It's basically a 10% saving, which is pretty neat.ย 

A good point, and something that customer service will probably clarify.

I find theย teaser for the sons veryย ย promisingย , provided that the new ย models will lookย ย much likeย the concept art showed.ย I was a bitย afraid they would remove ย the old kit, and come with a totallyย different concept, which would have been a shame as I think it still a great kit with all the built options and extra bit and pieces. Now it looksย like the new models will have a similar look and feel as the old one. A bit more fairy tale, / cartoon likeย than other ranges, but thats the same for most of the otherย destruction armies as well (.i.e. Gitz)ย 

I passed on ย OBR and probably also will pass on the new pointy aelves. For both i appreciate the creative design and it originality, but although I donโ€™t completely dislike them, it is just not really my thing. But if it doesnโ€™t turn out to be something completely different, I think I will never be able to resist the sons. In fact I am already pretty hyped, even without seeing a single model yet. If these are actually three different kits with many different options like the current kit, that would be totally awesome. But still, if it is one kit for each, or even one kit which allow you build the three different giants hinted on, that would still be pretty cool imo.

think I gonna fetch me a couple more old giant kits, or at least finish the one from the pile to get into the mood.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate thank you so much for the support, I'm over the moon with the announcement today and having other Members such as yourself happy for my excitement and joy makes it all the more sweeter. Thanks again mate I truly appreciate it.

ย Weโ€™ve all had that one army man, no need to thank us.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheR00zle said:

ย Weโ€™ve all had that one army man, no need to thank us.

Sorry but thank you I must, there has been so much support on here as opposed to other platforms where I have expressed my excitement for the Sons. My dream army of over 20 years is finally coming true and everyone has been so supportive of my excitement. So thank you as well mate.

• Like 3

Not sure quite how to take this form one of the GW FB replies. I guess they mean they aren't as skinny as the Aleguzzlers (that does seems to match the teaser art) but with less of an 80's Power Shoulders vibe than an IK?

ย 

Still hoping they are near that height.ย  While the teaser raised a smile, I am disappointed that we didn't get a silhouette comparison to an Aleguzzler.ย 

Screenshot_20200404-184521_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

Not sure quite how to take this form one of the GW FB replies. I guess they mean they aren't as skinny as the Aleguzzlers (that does seems to match the teaser art) but with less of an 80's Power Shoulders vibe than an IK?

ย 

Still hoping they are near that height.ย  While the teaser raised a smile, I am disappointed that we didn't get a silhouette comparison to an Aleguzzler.ย 

Screenshot_20200404-184521_Facebook.jpg

Interesting. I wonder if in height they are the same but in general size are smaller.