The Rumour Thread

Not really I guess GW can "bundle" Shadowkin(Elves of Uglu) with Slaasnesh in story arc and maybe Slaasnesh will get Elves like Tzeentch got Tzaangors 1-2 units + hero. Also I'm sure (going by all releases) that Shadowkin will use some DE units - my wild guess Witch Elves and Dark Riders.

But what's get tricky were "light" Elves fit into this, I doubt that they will be released along with Shadowkin but Tyrion/Teclis are huge in that Slaasnesh story arc as both Malerion and Tyrion are looking for their people - so I guess those Elves found by them in the end will end up as theirs followers. Some will follow Malerion some Tyrion some both. But I guess they will work together against Choas not against each other. Slaasnesh will corrupt some and they will worshipp him/her and be against both "Shadowkin" and "Light Elves" 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Not really I guess GW can "bundle" Shadowkin(Elves of Uglu) with Slaasnesh in story arc and maybe Slaasnesh will get Elves like Tzeentch got Tzaangors 1-2 units + hero. Also I'm sure (going by all releases) that Shadowkin will use some DE units - my wild guess Witch Elves and Dark Riders.

But what's get tricky were "light" Elves fit into this, I doubt that they will be released along with Shadowkin but Tyrion/Teclis are huge in that Slaasnesh story arc as both Malerion and Tyrion are looking for their people - so I guess those Elves found by them in the end will end up as theirs followers. Some will follow Malerion some Tyrion some both. But I guess they will work together against Choas not against each other. Slaasnesh will corrupt some and they will worshipp him/her and be against both "Shadowkin" and "Light Elves" 

My guess would be that Slaanesh/elves would get a box set like IoB or a starter, his comeback is to big to be just a normal monthli thing. Perhaps summer campain, or will it be 40k this year?

1 hour ago, Durant said:

My guess would be that Slaanesh/elves would get a box set like IoB or a starter, his comeback is to big to be just a normal monthli thing. Perhaps summer campain, or will it be 40k this year?

Too be honest, I wouldn't be surprised with both happening!

I have a funny feeling we will see a new edition of 40K this year and I'm expecting a new box set for Age of Sigmar but it's not going to replace the current one but be a splash release.

49 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Too be honest, I wouldn't be surprised with both happening!

I have a funny feeling we will see a new edition of 40K this year and I'm expecting a new box set for Age of Sigmar but it's not going to replace the current one but be a splash release.

Now that you mention it they can go super nova and do one box set for both 40k and AoS. In the old days it was not possible but now days....

I find it strange how everyone seems to think Slaaneshi Aelves would take a position similar to Tzaangor in the gods army. Tzaangor take the position Beastmen have always taken in mixed Chaos Armies, meaning numerous and tough (2 wounds, just like beastmen had when I started playing and they where still the same army as Warriors and Daemons), but badly armored.

Aelves are not tough, can be weakly to heavily armored and tend not to go around in wild hordes. Also, Tzaangor where no new invention, they have been around in the Lore since Realms of Chaos and have always had a direct equivalent in each of the other gods forces, namely Khorgor, Slaangor and Pestigor.

The suggestion that Slaanesh Aelves corrospond to to Tzaangor also seems to asume that a Slaanesh release would follow the same pattern as the Disciple of Tzeentch release, when that release itself is a perfect example of GW not following any pattern at all when it comes to the releases for Chaos god, as there was absolutely no simmilarity to the release of Khorne and Bloodbound.

I think, in releasing for Chaos gods, there are four types of Forces every Chaos God has available, but that are not equally available to every Chaos god, nor equally represented with every release.

These four would be Mortal Warriors, Daemons, Beastmen/Children of Chaos and Cultists/The Enemy Within.

We can see that the Bloodbound release was entirely fokused to Mortal Warriors (Khorgorath my be cathegorized as Children of Chaos), with Daemons of Khorne being pretty much filled out previous to the release, with every unit having a model, all of those plastic, except for Bloodhounds and some Herald variants. Meanwhile, Disciples of Tzeentch provided contributions to three of the four Forces, filling out the Daemon line so only a small number of characters is not plastic (essentially only the blue scribes, since heralds on foot or disk can be build from the burning chariot). It also provided a solid base for both Cults (one unit, multiple heroes) and Children of Chaos (three units, one hero), but left out Warriors completely.

Looking at these precedents, I am quite certain that Slaanesh Aelves would arrive in the Cults segment of the army, meaning Kairic Akolytes are propably the closest point of comparison for what such a unit could be like (which doesn't give us much, considering how different Blood Warriors and Putrid Blightkings are).

We can propably expect Deamons as well, since GW propably wants all Greater Daemons on the same scale, though not necessarily accompanying an AoS Slaanesh release, 40k may see them arrive first. A Keeper of Secrets might be accompanied by plastic fiends and possibly a plastic masque, though GW has shown with Blightdrones and Brimstone Horrors that they are not averse to creating new variants of existing Deamons. New daemonic special characters are also thinkable, as Khorne and Tzeentch have quite a number of those.

Aside from that, there is no telling what a possible Slaanesh release would bring, though I'd venture it depends weather GW cathegorizes Hellstriders and the two Lord models as Warriors or human Cultists. Either way, I would not get my hopes up on the Children of Chaos side get much attention, since Aelves, Daemons and possibly some human Warriors or Cultists would make quite the sizable release already.

4 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Yeah, GWs policy of release follows story arc approach gets really tricky when you consider how closely linked Shadowkin, Slaanesh and Tyrions bunch seem to be. It all gives the impression that all three would pretty much have to be released side by side.

But I think with some clever storytelling they could still be released one after another. I had thought Shadowkin would come first, followed by Tyrion, with the release of Slaanesh saved for later, but rumors point to Shadowkin and Slaanesh pretty much side by side, with Tyrion propably a fair bit later (I just can not see them filling out the entire GA:Order line so fast, when the other GAs have so many holes). That would need some pretty interesting storytelling (maybe Tyrion has gone full isolationist xenophobe during the Age of Chaos?)

As for Old Dark Elves being included with Shadowkin, all the Dark Elves units now have Lore to function as part of their own faction from Azyr, so them joining Malerion (or maybe having been his Agents to begin with) would have to be explained. I think Ordo Serpentis might be the likeliest candidates, but we will have to see.

• Like 3

Rogue Explorator Yeah I agree with most what you wrote : couple points 

- I expect Malerion's Shadowkin or whatever those Aelves or other beigns are called to be more like darker 40k Eldar, they are not evil (like DE were) but all they are concerned is their own goals. Working in shadows against Chaos and anybody who is threat to them. I find that far more interesting that old DE cliche - pain, torture,emo stuff. 

- it's tricky how they want to release those factions because all of them - Slaanesh, Aelves, Malerion, Twins are connected in one huge story arc. And I imagine Tyrion Aelves will be different in style and approach to Malerions Elves, but they will have this connection between them not hatred. 

- for sure they will use a lot of exsiting models (that's what they do with every Battletome) I imagine Witch Elves, Dark Riders kits are closest in desgin to Silver Quest heroes, there is possiblity to include Shadow Warriors/Sisters kit as well (with different paint job obviously). As for Tyrion's Elves I guess there is also a lot of kits that can be used - Eternal Guards ? Skycutters ? White Lions ?

I think GW will include those "newer" plastic kits along with new models and Battletomes and they will move away from mini-factions like Lion Rangers or Swifthaws Agents. 

6 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I find it strange how everyone seems to think Slaaneshi Aelves would take a position similar to Tzaangor in the gods army. Tzaangor take the position Beastmen have always taken in mixed Chaos Armies, meaning numerous and tough (2 wounds, just like beastmen had when I started playing and they where still the same army as Warriors and Daemons), but badly armored.

Aelves are not tough, can be weakly to heavily armored and tend not to go around in wild hordes. Also, Tzaangor where no new invention, they have been around in the Lore since Realms of Chaos and have always had a direct equivalent in each of the other gods forces, namely Khorgor, Slaangor and Pestigor.

The suggestion that Slaanesh Aelves corrospond to to Tzaangor also seems to asume that a Slaanesh release would follow the same pattern as the Disciple of Tzeentch release, when that release itself is a perfect example of GW not following any pattern at all when it comes to the releases for Chaos god, as there was absolutely no simmilarity to the release of Khorne and Bloodbound.

I think, in releasing for Chaos gods, there are four types of Forces every Chaos God has available, but that are not equally available to every Chaos god, nor equally represented with every release.

These four would be Mortal Warriors, Daemons, Beastmen/Children of Chaos and Cultists/The Enemy Within.

We can see that the Bloodbound release was entirely fokused to Mortal Warriors (Khorgorath my be cathegorized as Children of Chaos), with Daemons of Khorne being pretty much filled out previous to the release, with every unit having a model, all of those plastic, except for Bloodhounds and some Herald variants. Meanwhile, Disciples of Tzeentch provided contributions to three of the four Forces, filling out the Daemon line so only a small number of characters is not plastic (essentially only the blue scribes, since heralds on foot or disk can be build from the burning chariot). It also provided a solid base for both Cults (one unit, multiple heroes) and Children of Chaos (three units, one hero), but left out Warriors completely.

Looking at these precedents, I am quite certain that Slaanesh Aelves would arrive in the Cults segment of the army, meaning Kairic Akolytes are propably the closest point of comparison for what such a unit could be like (which doesn't give us much, considering how different Blood Warriors and Putrid Blightkings are).

We can propably expect Deamons as well, since GW propably wants all Greater Daemons on the same scale, though not necessarily accompanying an AoS Slaanesh release, 40k may see them arrive first. A Keeper of Secrets might be accompanied by plastic fiends and possibly a plastic masque, though GW has shown with Blightdrones and Brimstone Horrors that they are not averse to creating new variants of existing Deamons. New daemonic special characters are also thinkable, as Khorne and Tzeentch have quite a number of those.

Aside from that, there is no telling what a possible Slaanesh release would bring, though I'd venture it depends weather GW cathegorizes Hellstriders and the two Lord models as Warriors or human Cultists. Either way, I would not get my hopes up on the Children of Chaos side get much attention, since Aelves, Daemons and possibly some human Warriors or Cultists would make quite the sizable release already.

Yeah, GWs policy of release follows story arc approach gets really tricky when you consider how closely linked Shadowkin, Slaanesh and Tyrions bunch seem to be. It all gives the impression that all three would pretty much have to be released side by side.

But I think with some clever storytelling they could still be released one after another. I had thought Shadowkin would come first, followed by Tyrion, with the release of Slaanesh saved for later, but rumors point to Shadowkin and Slaanesh pretty much side by side, with Tyrion propably a fair bit later (I just can not see them filling out the entire GA:Order line so fast, when the other GAs have so many holes). That would need some pretty interesting storytelling (maybe Tyrion has gone full isolationist xenophobe during the Age of Chaos?)

As for Old Dark Elves being included with Shadowkin, all the Dark Elves units now have Lore to function as part of their own faction from Azyr, so them joining Malerion (or maybe having been his Agents to begin with) would have to be explained. I think Ordo Serpentis might be the likeliest candidates, but we will have to see.

I'm still pretty convinced some elves/slaneesh, will be the same army or at least subfactions of each other. Unsure if it will actually be chaos, or the dark aelves using his powers forcefully.

Edited by Riavan

5 minutes ago, Veillotron said:

I think we all know it's coming, but another tidbit of info supporting the upcoming release of new Duardins: both games on Warhammer TV tomorrow involve Duardins and Fyreslayers, in line with WH TV's strategy to showcase upcoming release to garner interest.

That may be reading into it a little too much, but they have been poking at us, and it would certainly be a surprise.

Edited by daedalus81

11 hours ago, DantePQ said:

- for sure they will use a lot of exsiting models (that's what they do with every Battletome) I imagine Witch Elves, Dark Riders kits are closest in desgin to Silver Quest heroes, there is possiblity to include Shadow Warriors/Sisters kit as well (with different paint job obviously). As for Tyrion's Elves I guess there is also a lot of kits that can be used - Eternal Guards ? Skycutters ? White Lions ?

I think GW will include those "newer" plastic kits along with new models and Battletomes and they will move away from mini-factions like Lion Rangers or Swifthaws Agents. 

I'd say, given the release of Spire of Dawn, that light elves will flesh-out rather than get rid of Swifthawk agents. Including SoD, there's about 8 or so units (though a few will need multi-part plastics/options). Spireguard/Wardens/Reavers/Chariots/Shadow warriors/Skycutters are all newer kits, so here's hoping.

I am holding out for the Aelf release, hopefully there's one this year.

• Like 1

Yeah sure I mean Swifthawks agents could very easily be part of light elves (even then Reavers and Spireguard could get keyword). Sure it's wild speculation but I think Swifthawks Agents (Skycutters) could easily fit in with light elves, 

I think if there is a current Aelf minifaction most likely to be joined to Tyrion, it would be Phoenix Temple. They have a very strong connection to the themes of Hysh, seem to be divinely empowered and are overall very mystical. They also do not have a lot of mentions in the lore (that I recall), while many other minifaction have recently gotten a strong connection to the free cities (Scourge Privateers and Eldritch Council) that make them harder to reintegrate with Tyrion/Malerion.

Also, I think there are two things to keep in mind when speculating about the factions of the Aelf gods:

-It is not guaranteed that, if old miniatures are integrated at all, it would be as straight up as highborn->Tyrion and exiles->Malerion. For example, it might be that Tyrion, essentially, takes up the mantle of Khaine (not meaning him being Khaine, but fullfilling a comparable role) and in that case we may see the daughters of Khaine join him. Also, the Mistweacer Sai bears symbols that were traditionally High Elf/Highborn.

-It is not guaranteed either, that Tyrions faction would even be Aelven in any sense we expect at all. The thin amount of Lore we have on Teclis and Tyrion at all, are all referencing his actions and goals during the Age of Myths. A lot could have changed and gone wrong between the "then" and "now", leaving room for a lot of possible surprises.

I'll be a little controversial here; I hope none of the current Aelf models become a part of the new Aelf factions. We have the Azyr-aelfs (phoenix temple, swifthawk etc), who have interesting concepts that can be expanded. I'd much rather see the new factions be entirely new, unshackled to the old aesthetic.

Thought of the day: The aelfs are now the only models from the Silver Tower set without a proper release. That means that they are either based on pre-existing designs, or will be the defining models for a new set.

• Like 4

Just now, Darth Alec said:

I'll be a little controversial here; I hope none of the current Aelf models become a part of the new Aelf factions. We have the Azyr-aelfs (phoenix temple, swifthawk etc), who have interesting concepts that can be expanded. I'd much rather see the new factions be entirely new, unshackled to the old aesthetic.

The Swifthawk and Eldritch council are not Azyr aelves .  It's clearly stated in the Spire of Dawn fluff that they are from the Aelven Civilization in the realm of Light, also confirmed in the Stormcast battletome.  Now maybe they came from Azyr and created societies in that realm?  

I think it will be an Aelven battletome that covers all factions and provides ways to combine them through battletomes or keywords.

All the aelf organizations were not made in ayzr they are just from different realms that fled to ayzr after chaos went gung ho. I imagine since order is pushing back some went home or some stood and held their ground and never fled in the first place.

The thing is with AOS we have to remember all the races live together in a sense they have branches of their organizations or cults in the cities hidden or in plain view. Which I feel is more organic but they also have their own communities, bases or towns as seen with spire of dawn. Think elder scrolls on how the races live. 

Fyreslayers don't live in the cities but GW made it clear they come and go considering I suspect it would be easier to find new oaths in the city. 

Considering scourge privateers and darkling covens the deep one/cthulu theme fits them pretty well. I also highly suspect that daughters of khaine will relate to tyrion in some form. 

It would not surprise me if wanderer's fold into the new slyvaneth tome in a DOT fashion. I personally feel the DOT format works quite well with AOS considering how many factions we have and I don't expect GW to do like 40+ books one of each faction, it's just unfeasible in my opinion. 

Edited by shinros

1 hour ago, Darth Alec said:

Thought of the day: The aelfs are now the only models from the Silver Tower set without a proper release. That means that they are either based on pre-existing designs, or will be the defining models for a new set.

This isn't true.  Devoted of Sigmar have not had a release either.  They seemed like a likely expansion until the new Stormcast release dropped.  We are ultimately waiting on their expansion (which I think the new Stormcast book was a missed opportunity with them).

1 hour ago, Darth Alec said:

I'd much rather see the new factions be entirely new, unshackled to the old aesthetic.

Aha! This is the inroad! 40K and AoS merge as the shattered Eldar leave the stars and settle in the Mortal Realms, led by T,T, & M.

Maybe?