The Rumour Thread

15 hours ago, Overread said:

Honestly I'm surprised both that GW didn't make the Warcry units battleline and that Marauders are still in the game. Seems that GW wanted to keep both and have them compete even though the former (warcry) are vastly superior sculpts in almost every way. Not being Battleline could hurt them, esp as AoS is generally quite "expensive" point wise for units to get into the table. Even if we ignore super-pricey stuff like Archaon and the Varanguard, there's still a lot of high points stuff in Chaos and most of the other armies.

With the new categories/key words, they could easily be conditional Battle Line.  Only if Ravagers, or only if there is a Ravager general - something like that

5 minutes ago, Sokhar said:

No new Marauders/Darkoath models ? Really GW ?

There is a lot of Warcry, chaos warriors and chaos knights, then you have the endless spells. That's quite a few new models. I'd say Skaven, Seraphon, FEC and Cities have more need for new models than Everchosen/StD.

Edited by zilberfrid

19 minutes ago, JangutzKhan said:

Depending on which is better wrt warscrolls, I’ll probs be going spire tyrants as my marauders 

You don't get me: I'd play accolytes AS marauders ! And if you want to go further, just replace the shields and the paint scheme  so they look more barbarians/marauders (shields from skeletons for example)

Edited by GeneralZero

20 hours ago, Grimrock said:

The point changes for the everchosen stuff sounds... Drastic. You can currently fit 12 varanguard, archaon and a gaunt at 2k with 120 points to spare. Really that's what I was hoping for, the models are so expensive they really needed a points hike to justify the cost. As long as that comes with a significant boost in power in going to be extremely happy. Also picking a mark for the varanguard should pretty much guarantee a purchase for me. 

Someone in the STD/Chaos thread said they heard 300 pts. for Varanguard.   I'm guessing that means Archaon is probably now something like 800+ pts. So 9xVaranguard (900), Archaon (800+), and Gaunt Summoner (say 160ish) gets you close to 2000.

BTW, this sucks for me. I bought 15x Varanguard and Archaon  a few months back before the announcement , and they all had fit under 2000 pts under the old book. I knew it was a bit of a risk. But I didn't think I'd lose the ability to field 6/15 of them.   Now what do I do? I have 3xblack 3xblue 3xred 3xgreen and 3xpurple. I drop the black and purple? I suppose I can swap in the appropriate color if Archaon can still mark them in-game.  That's a hell of an expensive luxury though.  

So Warcry warbands can't be battleline but anything about if they can be marked? Would be awesome bringing them into my Khorne army, and the line from the preview saying you could bring your entire StD force into another monogod army does suggest so but it wouldn't be the first time a preview has a somewhat misleading line 

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

You don't get me: I'd play accolytes AS marauders ! And if you want to go further, just replace the shields and the paint scheme  so they look more barbarians/marauders (shields from skeletons for example)

Yeh i get you, i just mean that I'll use Spire Tyrants as marauders in the same way you will use Acolytes. 

1 hour ago, aktanolt said:

Would love to hear more, since we are in the time range for announce of january Battletome i think , so might have news this weekend . Fingers crossed.

Last two years they've announced army updates with a teaser on Christmas Day. That's my guess for the next "big" reveal opportunity. Between now and then I think it will mostly be slaves and warcry cards.

12 minutes ago, Dreadmund said:

Last two years they've announced army updates with a teaser on Christmas Day. That's my guess for the next "big" reveal opportunity. Between now and then I think it will mostly be slaves and warcry cards.

Unfortunately, christmas slot is already taken by Psychic Awakening :(

22 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Unfortunately, christmas slot is already taken by Psychic Awakening :(

I dont think so. The last few years, Christmas has been a large update for one faction (GloomspiteGits, Nurgle, Tzeentch) while Psychic Awakening has been rather small on the model side, so far.

17 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I dont think so. The last few years, Christmas has been a large update for one faction (GloomspiteGits, Nurgle, Tzeentch) while Psychic Awakening has been rather small on the model side, so far.

I hope you're right dear, but still...

image.png.58bde7a99b4b53ccfd00b2920c23c5ae.png

• Haha 1