The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Ghark said:

And we have the answer to a slow army if movement was your concern. With an average of movement 7 they are now not that bad. 

The Baleful blade looks like the default blade Archaeon will get...

I personally like most of the factions presented, of the Crematorian I like the paint schema but 1 mortal wound on a 5+ after I lost a unit does not seem to be as good as run and charge or ignore spells on a 5+, no?

12 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Baleful Blade is really good.

Like at least a 50% damage increase for whichever hero you give it to, super cool!

2 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I personally like most of the factions presented, of the Crematorian I like the paint schema but 1 mortal wound on a 5+ after I lost a unit does not seem to be as good as run and charge or ignore spells on a 5+, no?

Agreed, not a huge fan of the Crematorian rules, though they might have an awesome Command Trait or Artefact to make up for it.  Also holy ****** those paint schemes 😍! Especially Creamtorian and Null Myriad!

7 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

but 1 mortal wound on a 5+ after I lost a unit does not seem to be as good as run and charge or ignore spells on a 5+, no?

you roll each time you lose a model, not a unit, and then 4+ when a hero dies, so say if you run some big units of Mortek Guard, each model with just 1 wound each, that could do some interesting things against the current flat track bullies Slaanesh giving them no depravity points and mitigating some of their attack first antics.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JPjr said:

you roll each time you lose a model, not a unit and 4+ with a hero, so say if you run some big units of Mortek Guard with just 1 wound each, that could do some interesting things against the current flat track bullies Slaanesh...

I should learn to read 😂 ok you got my interest also on this one. Now then it’s about the paint schema and I’m unsure between Crematorian and Null Myriad

4 minutes ago, JPjr said:

you roll each time you lose a model, not a unit, and then 4+ when a hero dies, so say if you run some big units of Mortek Guard, each model with just 1 wound each, that could do some interesting things against the current flat track bullies Slaanesh giving them no depravity points and mitigating some of their attack first antics.

Though it's only an enemy model within 3" of the slain model, which might be difficulty for blobs of 20+ models. Certainly the possibility for some shenanigans though!

20 minutes ago, JPjr said:

repackaged in AoS boxes, Warcry cards removed and then a couple of quid cheaper like they do with the Underworlds ones.

That'd be really nice. Much like Underworlds, I like some of the models, but don't really care for the game it's attached to, so it'd be nice to be able to get the models for a few bucks less and skip the extra bits. Though Warcry is a little different as I'll actually play that game even if I think it falls well short of being a solid skirmish game. At least it's a skirmish game and not a board/card game.

@michu yeah noticed that but that was the old name maybe the new one is something they came up with recently, it just seems a lot of effort* to go to to do what? earn a few internet points somewhere?

I mean I have a fairly low opinion of a lot of people in this hobby/online/in general** but could someone really be that desperately sad an individual, is it possible for such an emotionally and intellectually stunted homunculus to exist on this earth and have not managed to kill themselves in the act of crossing a road before now?

*well admittedly not a huge amount of effort but honestly more than 30 seconds spent on this would be a waste of time.

** delete as appropriate 

Someone at GW is mindreading or I am

OBRSubFactions-Oct24-cretorians8sdfd.jpg

That is almost the scheme I want - save that I'm going to reverse the bone colours (majority white - edge black). Though having seen the Ivory colour I might want to go for that! 

And yeah Crematorium just looks all kinds of fun being able to blow up in the enemy face. Something really nice to take against an alpha-strike close combat army like Daughters of Khaine. 

• LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Overread said:

I figure most of the Slaves release new models are Warcry models. At least for this wave. One day they'll likely update others like marauder horsemen and chaos warriors and the like. 

Oh yeah I agree, I’m just curious about what’s included. I’m sure it will be set up similar to how CoS book is.

id like them to just open up other options with kits that missed on with CoS like general on Demigryph, which could be made with the kit.. just add in an effortless wars roll lol

Things like general on warshrine etc.

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures

31 minutes ago, JPjr said:

@michu yeah noticed that but that was the old name maybe the new one is something they came up with recently, it just seems a lot of effort* to go to to do what? earn a few internet points somewhere?

I mean I have a fairly low opinion of a lot of people in this hobby/online/in general** but could someone really be that desperately sad an individual, is it possible for such an emotionally and intellectually stunted homunculus to exist on this earth and have not managed to kill themselves in the act of crossing a road before now?

*well admittedly not a huge amount of effort but honestly more than 30 seconds spent on this would be a waste of time.

** delete as appropriate 

I mean people aren't above that, but it's not particularly likely, IMO.

The Ogor name being wrong almost makes it more plausible to me, because it suggests someone either predicted Ogors but got the team name wrong, or didn't bother to doublecheck it before putting out their "leak" which seems unlikely for someone trying to be convincing.

Likewise the stuff like the apparent re-release of Underworld Warbands and Start Collecting box for STD aren't something a typical person would predict or wishlist, it detracts from the plausibility for a lot of people, so just overall it doesn't read like something that's meant to be convincing.

So I personally rate it either mostly true or very clever, but we should know in about a week or so if STD really is in-bound.

6 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Hopefully we’ll know sooner, GW has done a good job of doing previews when things are “leaked”

Actually they generally don't care about spreadsheet leaks and they didn't react at all to the actual shipment manifest that was found. 

They tend to more react to photographs of models or of material to be published/displayed. Plus those kinds of rumour are almost impossible to debunk and tend to do the rounds VERY fast.

So if you want a GW damage control article on slaves you better find a copy of the tome and a potato camera

• Like 1