The Rumour Thread

Just now, sandlemad said:

The dude on the left is a little whatever, just a big ghostly bonereaper, but overall these are pretty cool. I want to know more about this repeated raven motif they have, it seems to crop up a lot.

They have carrion birds all over the place, which are handy if you want bones where all that annoying fleshly bits are still attached.

• Like 2

Just now, sandlemad said:

Oh nice, I was thinking ravens as heralds or harbingers of war but the carrion bird aspect is very fitting.

I might be completely wrong, but from what we know about these guys so far and about Nagash, well Nagash does not really jam with any symbolism or ideologies besides his own. This is why I think it would be fitting if the carrion birds were just being kept around as being sort of practical, picking bones clean.

Maybe some of them even got enough soul stuff in them to feel some kind of attachment to the birds, like pets? Or perhaps some kinship in their task of hunting down bones and carcasses (where these are you can find the birs circling above).

It will be fun to see, considering there are birds everywhere, the catapults got a bird perched on it, the harvester can be built with one, where we see some extra arms fighting with a bird over a bone. Bird on the horsemen banner and also multiple birds on the Katakros model, one larger one sitting on his shield, but also one of his retainers with a bird skullmask, appears to handle a cage with a bird on it, possibly a messenger of sorts, which also leads me to believe they have some kind of symbiosis going on.

It's weird that the endless spells are on that list considering they weren't announced to be going up next week. does raise some doubt over the validity of it. Though that might just be me being optimistic, as an aussie i'm not exactly keen on that price.

Just have to hope that the rest of the army including the mortek and stalkers start going up for pre-order in the following week, would be annoying to wait even longer for the rest of the army.

20 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

According to australian price ($320) it seems that this box is less expensive than the Blood of the Phoenix (AUS $390) meaning we've got it around 120£. This is  really expensive. the old days of nice-deal-dual-army-box are done.

This seems like the culmination of what we should have seen coming a while back with boxset exclusive (or exclusive for a long period of time) characters. 

I hope GW realizes their success started coming back because they began to listen to the community and made awesome models that people could choose from.  Not forcing people to buy large boxsets and justify it to themselves somehow. 

And yes, I know you can just choose to not  buy the box.  But why can't GW choose to be somewhat friendly to their customers.  I don't like feeling as though a company is trying to force me to purchase a specific way, and I hope GW realizes the mistake soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Austin said:

This seems like the culmination of what we should have seen coming a while back with boxset exclusive (or exclusive for a long period of time) characters. 

I hope GW realizes their success started coming back because they began to listen to the community and made awesome models that people could choose from.  Not forcing people to buy large boxsets and justify it to themselves somehow. 

And yes, I know you can just choose to not  buy the box.  But why can't GW choose to be somewhat friendly to their customers.  I don't like feeling as though a company is trying to force me to purchase a specific way, and I hope GW realizes the mistake soon.

They are starting to get greedier by the month though. I think at this point they are trading customer satisfaction for raw profit. I wonder what their plan is to actually get an active flow of new customers. Because at this point it feels like they are just trying to bleed their current customer base dry.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Oh nice, I was thinking ravens as heralds or harbingers of war but the carrion bird aspect is very fitting.

They could still be harbingers of war just in a more natural way. Like they follow the Bonereapers around since they are a source of easy food, so whenever the Bonereapers approach a city they fly ahead in their greed to get their fill. ;) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Panzer said:

They could still be harbingers of war just in a more natural way. Like they follow the Bonereapers around since they are a source of easy food, so whenever the Bonereapers approach a city they fly ahead in their greed to get their fill. ;) 

I love that idea. It seems most the carrion stuff on the models are undead though, no?

6 minutes ago, Kugane said:

I love that idea. It seems most the carrion stuff on the models are undead though, no?

I honestly wasn't referring anything specific. It was just an example how to justify the harbingers of war idea. In case of the construct birds it could still work, just in a less natural way as in the Bonereapers sending out those birst to clean the bones in preparation of their arrival.

Edited by Panzer

Just now, Panzer said:

I honestly wasn't referring anything specific. It was just an example how to justify the carrion bird idea. In case of the construct birds it could still work, just in a less natural way as in the Bonereapers sending out those birst to clean the bones in preparation of their arrival.

Ah I see! And it indeed would :)

51 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

According to australian price ($320) it seems that this box is less expensive than the Blood of the Phoenix (AUS $390) meaning we've got it around 120£. This is  really expensive. the old days of nice-deal-dual-army-box are done.

Where'd you get this info? - Seems more on par with NZ prices ...?

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Just a gentle nudge but can we please steer away from price discussions. They never end well.

Also just to clarify - posting prices is okay but not any discussion about things costing too much. This discussions are never pleasant to read and can be quite negative. This is why we would prefer people not to discuss

Thanks 

• Like 1

Those Endless Spells are freaking awesome! The whispysnake body skeleton summoning looks really awesome and the large (likely carrion) bird is great! Really love them. Also GW's painting style with them seems far better! 

Also on the carrion bird front one of the optional parts for the Harvester has one of its smaller arms on its body fighting holding a bone with a raven trying to make off with it. 

13 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

What was in the limited run? 

The first 4 issues it seems. I subscribed but didn't get anything. I contacted them asking what was happening and got no reply until this. 

I've contacted them again to find out if my 2 free issues will be sent out now or do I have to wait until launch.

I'm glad it's getting a full launch tho, good way to get 2 armies and scenery cheaper as well as new people into the hobby

I know this is a little bit of a deviation from the new releases from the Bone-Zone. But local word(super reliable I know) has it KO is getting a refresh early next year and according to our local KO player a lot of the models in local stores (GW and third party, in the americas) are no longer available for order in any form (Riggers, Thunderers etc.).

Any hints on the next wave? I know Slaves/Everchosen are slated still for their first tome but KO/Seraphon are still waiting for a 2.0 refresh as well and that there is supposed to be one more mini-release for Tzeentch? This year? 

Edited by TheCovenLord