The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, CommodoreCass said:

I wanna cry when I see all the new miniatures for Warcry and still nothing for StD/Darkoath for AoS. Why is GW playing with us like this?
Since Hedonites of Slaanesh, AoS got new miniatures, Warcry got 40 and counting, WHU got 2 Warbands and 2 announced. Is GW slightly letting done the game? I dont understand their moves. 

Every single warcry chaos warband has the slaves to darkness keyword. Slaves have received more new units than most armies have since aos released

Edited by JudgeX83
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CommodoreCass said:

I wanna cry when I see all the new miniatures for Warcry and still nothing for StD/Darkoath for AoS. Why is GW playing with us like this?
Since Hedonites of Slaanesh, AoS got new miniatures, Warcry got 40 and counting, WHU got 2 Warbands and 2 announced. Is GW slightly letting done the game? I dont understand their moves. 

You can’t really count announced things for one game and not count the whole new army coming soon for AoS that’s also been announced. 

26 minutes ago, Overread said:

It's not so much that they are pulling it but that stock is selling out. Considering how fast they are bringing the individual content to retail it suggests that they knew it would sell out pretty fast; but they likely hoped it would make it that far - if not they expected it t obe fully gone by Christmas - and now they know it likely will go well before.

It's a welcome warning. 

I'm also equally glad that they've sped up bringing individual content to sale. We still don't have the new Flesheater nor Skaven leaders from WAY at the start of the year in their duel box. 

True, it just seems weird that they'd let it sell out, when they are quite capable of printing more copies (and indeed are still making everything in the box separately). I've never quite understood GW's attitude to these sorts of box sets.

Edit: With the Marvel news: Could we finally see Hero Man comics?

Edited by EccentricCircle

5 hours ago, CommodoreCass said:

Well to be fair even if they released more models for AoS (which they did as the warcry models are Slaves to Darkness what are the chances? I'm quite happy with the current score. 10 of those (from the top of my head) got some love already or have been announced for this year. + one totally new death faction coming this year as well. 

For a player who left the hobby for about 10 years... that's a crazy amount of fantasy updates. Plus two more side games that mean more cool models? Count me in. (All that said i'm also eagerly awaiting Slaves and wanted them earlier as well)

I'm really afraid of this Marvel announcement. I have Marvel Unlimited since April, and since March I'm rading DC Comics. Warhammer deserves grim dark, not Disney clowning. Political correctness and overall childish aproach to many titles is repulsive to say the least. At the same time I'm like through 30 TPB of DC's New 52. Most of the titles were mature, kept in dark colors with uneasy situations (dinner at Batman: Death of a family to name one). Warhammer would be so much better at DC.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I'm really afraid of this Marvel announcement. I have Marvel Unlimited since April, and since March I'm rading DC Comics. Warhammer deserves grim dark, not Disney clowning. Political correctness and overall childish aproach to many titles is repulsive to say the least. At the same time I'm like through 30 TPB of DC's New 52. Most of the titles were mature, kept in dark colors with uneasy situations (dinner at Batman: Death of a family to name one). Warhammer would be so much better at DC.

Just ignore the comics then. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I have been following marvel comics for 5 years (iron man fan) and  exept for 4-5 decent titles,there garbage.No originality, re use,re hash,even there so called captain marvel that should be the new face of the mcu in comic format has been cancelled and re published hundreds of times.I am happy that the glory of Warhammer 40k/aos may come to the eyes of the publick.I do not trust them to not tamper with the aesthetic and the lore because they believe it would be more ''appealing'' ,in other words should they try to appeal to a wider audience I think they should go after the next best thing after the hardcore/original fans (aka us),that would be the usual geek/fantasy/ci fi lovers,like the start wars fans ,star trek, dune.If they would go wider then that that I think the end product aka the comic would suffer from it ,or even Warhammer in general because the portrayal in the comics and the actual universe would be to big.

Think of it like taking a chip(Warhammer ip/comics) and going to a bowl with 3 layers of sauce.You go for the first dip(aka established fan base) its good its what's your used to,but you want to be a bit daring and you push lower and bam you get in the second layer(the would be fantasy/ci fi fans)   you made it but you are at your limit ,the chip feels heavy and a bit soggy but you still have time to pull out to taste that double dip.But you go fool Skarbrand because you got to fool of yourself and you pushed the chip through the second layer to the third.The idea seamed good at the moment but you find out you fked up, your fingers are messy  with the first 2 layers and its making a mess of them, panicked you pull out the chip only for it to brake because it was to heavy ,leaving all 3 layers of sauce in a mess making them seep into each odder destroying the taste balance,and your left with nothing but  a half of a chip with barely any sauce and a room fool of angry people raging at you for triple diping and making a mess of the hole bowl.

Edited by The lord of murder
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, elfhead said:

That warrior for the spyre tyrants looks a lot like the Classic maurauders ( from before the plastic kit). This warband might be a pretty Classic take on chaos individed. 

Yes! It's surprisingly refreshing to see a GW mini with a more classic or "generic" design, instead of taking a theme to the extreme (And don't get me wrong, I like minis with the latter approach too).

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, Jator said:

Yes! It's surprisingly refreshing to see a GW mini with a more classic or "generic" design, instead of taking a theme to the extreme (And don't get me wrong, I like minis with the latter approach too).

You need to have the former to properly appreciate the latter, and vice versa.  So, agreed.

6 hours ago, Overread said:

Nice also nice to see GW give a heads up that the core set is going to go out of stock before Christmas! They've also been a lot faster at bringing out the individual content for it than normal, which is very encouraging! 

Yep, disappointing. Hopefully they still have the set available in November when I was hoping to get it. At least, hopefully it is more notice than they gave when they culled units that weren't going to be in the Cities of Sigmar book.

3 hours ago, JudgeX83 said:

Every single warcry chaos warband has the slaves to darkness keyword. Slaves have received more new units than most armies have since aos released

It's also worth noting that although warcry models can be used in AoS, the rules aren't exactly setting the world on fire. Also the fact that the units are not in the standard 5s or 10s, instead being made up by however many are in the box (8 or 9 models to each warband). It feels much more similar to Underworlds models in AoS (fun to use but not competitive in the slightest) rather than a dedicated set of new models designed for the benefit of the StD range. Each warband has a unique querk to them but with most if their stats being 4+/4+/0/1 with a single attack and wound each, it's not exactly a boon to an army still without a dedicated book and still waiting on the large model release from their darkoath harbinger (similar to NH, SCE and GS). 

The introduction of the new monster (and more to follow) is what's interesting me the most. Will they be their own faction or tied to another? Will they get included into BoC? Or will the StD release be more akin to CoS, being more of a Chaos soup faction, getting bonuses for going more towards a singular type but also being able to take a bit of everything? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hell yeah to those news. I was hoping for a bit more armored look but the Tyrants look promising already and will hopefully make a Varanguard on foot kit come sooner than later. That fomoroid thing is pretty damn sexy as well, despite the name sounding like a pain in the butt! 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

It's also worth noting that although warcry models can be used in AoS, the rules aren't exactly setting the world on fire. Also the fact that the units are not in the standard 5s or 10s, instead being made up by however many are in the box (8 or 9 models to each warband). It feels much more similar to Underworlds models in AoS (fun to use but not competitive in the slightest) rather than a dedicated set of new models designed for the benefit of the StD range. Each warband has a unique querk to them but with most if their stats being 4+/4+/0/1 with a single attack and wound each, it's not exactly a boon to an army still without a dedicated book and still waiting on the large model release from their darkoath harbinger (similar to NH, SCE and GS). 

The introduction of the new monster (and more to follow) is what's interesting me the most. Will they be their own faction or tied to another? Will they get included into BoC? Or will the StD release be more akin to CoS, being more of a Chaos soup faction, getting bonuses for going more towards a singular type but also being able to take a bit of everything? 

I was looking through their warscrolls this very morning and was surprised at how much utility they have. Some the warcry warscrolls are really useful! 

First turn charge with a swarm of the untamed beasts yes plz. That would cost a command point for the Goretide to do the same with bloodreavers. 

Lots of cheap units of the Cypher Lords there to defbuff. Solid. 

Horde unit of the Splintered Gang regenerating a few wounds a turn and doing mortals on 6s. Useful. 

None of them are exceptionally strong but they've got decent warscrolls and they look amazing. 

Edited by Carnelian

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I was serious when I spoke about the superhero comic book vibe, but but dealing with Disney's Marvel is a bit much.GW is really gambling with it's IP here as well. Disney is not a merciful master, see Spiderman.

Thing is GW hasn't sold its IP its just given a lease to Marvel to produce comics. It's likely a short term agreement and comes with conditions such as GW reviewing content. Doesn't mean it can't fail, but it means that they aren't signing over their life to Marvel. Just the same as they didn't sign over themselves to CA or any one of the number of other comic, game and such companies that they've worked with over the years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

interesting thing (well, interesting'ish I guess) about them not keeping the Warcry box available is you'd think they'd want a big new starter box/standalone game around for xmas. Have we had any hints of what might drop this year? some kind of WH:Quest thing?

Thinking of Slaves to Darkness, imagine if having dropped all the Warcry Warbands, the Furies, Chaos Turkeys, Fomoroid Crusher & more they then drop a big game where like with Blackstone Fortress that comes with a whole StD/Darkoath tribe as the enemies.

Blackstone Fortress worked great for that, the Servants of there Abyss were, model wise at least, a great 24 model start to a Chaos Kill Team/40K army that then rolled into the big Black Legion rollout this year. Could work well doing it like that in AoS too.

20 minutes ago, JPjr said:

interesting thing (well, interesting'ish I guess) about them not keeping the Warcry box available is you'd think they'd want a big new starter box/standalone game around for xmas. Have we had any hints of what might drop this year? some kind of WH:Quest thing?

Thinking of Slaves to Darkness, imagine if having dropped all the Warcry Warbands, the Furies, Chaos Turkeys, Fomoroid Crusher & more they then drop a big game where like with Blackstone Fortress that comes with a whole StD/Darkoath tribe as the enemies.

Blackstone Fortress worked great for that, the Servants of there Abyss were, model wise at least, a great 24 model start to a Chaos Kill Team/40K army that then rolled into the big Black Legion rollout this year. Could work well doing it like that in AoS too.

That would be awesome and also makes sense but my memory is telling me that for some reason gw don't really release new content at Christmas? 

I strongly doubt a warhammer quest in age of sigmar before black fortress finishes its cycle, they would compete with each other. Sadly I think we are years away from a fantasy hero quest. 

I believe was also confirmed in one of the first StormCast podcast that they will think about moving back to AoS in few years from that recording.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Overread said:

In fairness Slaves to Darnkess are not setting the world on fire at present either - kinda happens to all the factions without a Battletome at present. 

yes but that's only because those warscrolls themselves are very old and untouched.  It's not specifically the battletome that makes a faction relevant again, it's the battletome treatment.  That is to say, look at the difference in half of the cities of sigmar warscrolls a month ago til now.  Not the book allegiance benefits. The warscroll changes alone (which work completely independently of the cities allegiance/ book) have doubled and tripled the efficiency of many units.

I guess what I am trying to say is, if warcry units (which are brand new warscrolls) were supposed to be the beginning of the battletome treatment, they probably wouldn't be such yawners.

Edited by Zanzou
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JPjr said:

Warhammer quest units are being phased out. You'd expect the Silver Tower heroes to show up in cities, but they don't.

7 hours ago, Overread said:

Thing is GW hasn't sold its IP its just given a lease to Marvel to produce comics. It's likely a short term agreement and comes with conditions such as GW reviewing content. Doesn't mean it can't fail, but it means that they aren't signing over their life to Marvel. Just the same as they didn't sign over themselves to CA or any one of the number of other comic, game and such companies that they've worked with over the years. 

Sony purchased Spiderman from Marvel, and later licensed it back. Did not go too well.

I think CA is a partner in a wholly different ballpark than Disney. I really, really don't like how Disney conducts business. That said, GW aren't the cleanest either, but Disney's war chest is incomparable.