The Rumour Thread

Squinting really hard:

Hammers of Sigmar: Bravery +1, Liberators gain Lightning Strike on a roll of 6 during deployment, 6+ ward save for Command Trait

Hallowed Knights: 3+ to ignore negative spells, +1" to run and charge, looks like potentially able to pile in and attack after being killed if they haven't already attacked. 

Looks like both gain Lightning Strike if you max out the battalions? Pretty blurry.

40 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Squinting really hard:

Hammers of Sigmar: Bravery +1, Liberators gain Lightning Strike on a roll of 6 during deployment, 6+ ward save for Command Trait

Hallowed Knights: 3+ to ignore negative spells, +1" to run and charge, looks like potentially able to pile in and attack after being killed if they haven't already attacked. 

Looks like both gain Lightning Strike if you max out the battalions? Pretty blurry.

You've done well regardless lol.

52 minutes ago, wayniac said:

Wow those abilities from what I read are pretty nuts.  That ignore spells one on a 3+ is basically "f you Tzeentch"

And here I thought we would not have power creep :(

Presumably in this case the Tzeentch player would focus on buffing spells. Can anyone read the restrictions on the chamber? It looks like it says must include at least six somethings. I wonder if that prevents it from being used in 2000 point battles. We also don't know how much these special rules will cost.

Edited by Chikout

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

Squinting really hard:

The ward save trait appears to be a 6+ ward save for all units within 3", which is a pretty impressive force multiplier. Also, as @Sennyo says I think it is 5+ rather than 3+.

Still, very interesting and quite potent. Wonder how much they will cost?

Those eagles. My God, those eagles are beautiful. I have no idea what possible use I could have for them but now I really want to come up with one!

The rest of this weird release where scouts are just as armoured as heavy cavalry is worth it just for those and the gryph-hounds. 

And how it special save againts magic work with spells with area of effect ?

It all depends how expensive are those Battalions if you got to pay 200-300 tax it's not that great but looks like Stormcast get nice boost anyway along with proper pricing ! Good job GW (and I dislike Stormcast Eternals a lot)

8 minutes ago, Allornone said:

The Hammer of Sigmar requires a Thunderhead brotherhood with 4 units of Liberators. The Hallowed Knights require a Lords of the Storm Battalion with at least 6 Heroes. 

I don't play Stormcast so question

- how hard it is to use those 2 battalions ? 

Rumours from Facebook of Duardin release in March. Aelves, Slaanesh and Slaanesh worshipping Aelves in Summer. 

Guy on Facebook claims to have spoken with a GW employee, however rumours match up with other sources and GW expected release schedule.

Use salt  

Also ive cleaned up the first post  

Edited by The Jabber Tzeentch
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Rumours from Facebook of Duardin release in March. Aelves, Slaanesh and Slaanesh worshipping Aelves in Summer. 

Guy on Facebook claims to have spoken with a GW employee, however rumours match up with other sources and GW expected release schedule.

Use salt  

But salt enhances the flavour! Thanks for the update :) Would wonder how they'd differentiate the Shadowkin (presumably Order) aelves and also Slaanesh-worshipping (presumably Chaos) aelves.

2 hours ago, Allornone said:

Not much. It's 4 Units of Liberators and 2 of Judicators for the Hammer of Sigmar and a Celestant, a Relictor and 4 other heroes  between castellant, heraldor, vexillor, azyros and Venator for the Hallowed Knights. 

Four units of libs is a LOT more than people would usually take.  And considering your other units benefiting from this ability have to fit into the mold of the other battalions it could be quite restrictive in options.

That is 1300 points minimum before you get to other battalions - not including the cost of the battalions themselves.