The Rumour Thread

52 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Hmm just realized that from the looks of the new wyldwood models they won’t work without the foilage. Since Citadel woods are slowly dissapering off the market, creepy naked trees and woods will soon be a thing of the past. That is quite a shame I think. 

That being said, the citadel wood foilage was a pain to keep on but still no more spooky trees is a bad buisness move should I think.

Yeah, I noticed that too. My grand plan is to get two woods for each season, which i can then mix and match to make huge forests as needed. the project stalled a bit, since painting four woods at once for spring and summer gave me plenty to be getting in with. Now I've quickly come back to it, I've just painted up my winter trees last week, while they are still available. Still got autumn to do, but that can probably wait for the new tree set, since it does look more secure than the old ones. 

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Dreadfane if released as in the picture, is a big step back in Underworld quality.

Apart from gripes that it's another SC vs NH starter, the sets they include are a lot cheaper than in previous editions. The Sigmarines are the ones that get tossed to your head every time you enter a GW shop or buy something online, and the banshees are a 12 euro set (though rather nice looking). 

It probably will not be cheaper, because GW, there is just less value in it.

Bear in mind everything that’s been said about this being a game targeted at ‘non-GW’ customers in bookshops and other locations outside of the usual GW/game stores. It’s not meant to be a replacement for the existing starter or even targeted at people who are already playing Underworlds, it’s closer to the Conquest magazine or 40k’s first strike.

As an Underworlds player I’m going to get it because I need another board and like the banshee models - and also as an affordable gift for folks who aren’t into the game already - but it’s not meant to be a new starter and doesn’t come in lieu of the eventual season 3 stuff.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Overread said:

Lets not forget we all thought Skaven would get some huge reworks considering that newer plastics had been released before and that they still have metal not just finecast in their range; but the only new thing was a new warlock type - not even a replacement for the old pair (still in metal). So whilst we might see  clear desire for updated Saurus it might just be that GW has no window of opportunity at this stage for them. 

Well it's also worth noting that Skaven have received an armies worth of models since the last time Seraphon got anything: Verminlords, Thanquol, Doomwheel, Plague Claw Catapult, warplightning cannon, screaming bell, plague censer thing, amongst others. Seraphon rework pleeeeease.

11 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

Monday morning and no FAQ. Looks like it'll be another week then, or?

I'd not write it off quite yet - it's very rare for GW to put up anything before 10am.  That said, I'd not hold your breath, the FAQ releases do seem to vary quite a bit (and will be affected by staff on holiday I would imagine)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Bear in mind everything that’s been said about this being a game targeted at ‘non-GW’ customers in bookshops and other locations outside of the usual GW/game stores. It’s not meant to be a replacement for the existing starter or even targeted at people who are already playing Underworlds, it’s closer to the Conquest magazine or 40k’s first strike.

As an Underworlds player I’m going to get it because I need another board and like the banshee models - and also as an affordable gift for folks who aren’t into the game already - but it’s not meant to be a new starter and doesn’t come in lieu of the eventual season 3 stuff.

I haven't read the price, is it significantly lower than Nightvault?

I do need more boards though, I have an order, destruction, death and chaos army, and it would be nice to be able to play with more players. Together with the not terrible Nighthaunt, some 35-40 euros (instead of the 50 for Nighthaunt) would be low enough to consider it.

50 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I do need more boards though, I have an order, destruction, death and chaos army, and it would be nice to be able to play with more players. Together with the not terrible Nighthaunt, some 35-40 euros (instead of the 50 for Nighthaunt) would be low enough to consider it.

The rumoured price is £20 but nothing concrete yet. 

59 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It's not clear - $20 or possibly £20 was apparently mentioned at the Grand Clash - but we can expect it to be cheap. Word from the underworlds FB community is that a Q&A confirmed that this is only going to be released in the US and Germany, though presumably it'd be easy enough to import online. Some folks are saying that it'll be a Barnes & Noble exclusive but that could well be rumour reverb.

Note as well the original preview said that "while both warbands will initially be exclusive to the set, we should see them available separately in the not too distant future" and apparently the Q&A confirmed that while the Dreadfane rules are streamlined, the ploy/objective/etc cards are all compatible with regular Underworlds.

Edited by sandlemad

33 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

It's not clear - $20 or possibly £20 was apparently mentioned at the Grand Clash - but we can expect it to be cheap. Word from the underworlds FB community is that a Q&A confirmed that this is only going to be released in the US and Germany, though presumably it'd be easy enough to import online. Some folks are saying that it'll be a Barnes & Noble exclusive but that could well be rumour reverb.

Note as well the original preview said that "while both warbands will initially be exclusive to the set, we should see them available separately in the not too distant future" and apparently the Q&A confirmed that while the Dreadfane rules are streamlined, the ploy/objective/etc cards are all compatible with regular Underworlds.

That's not too bad, I'll be able to get it from Germany easy enough, the banshees are nice enough and I can cut up the Sigmarines for basing and parts.

3 hours ago, Barbossal said:

Well it's also worth noting that Skaven have received an armies worth of models since the last time Seraphon got anything: Verminlords, Thanquol, Doomwheel, Plague Claw Catapult, warplightning cannon, screaming bell, plague censer thing, amongst others. Seraphon rework pleeeeease.

Skaven received Warplighting/Plage Claw, Doomwheel, and Screaming bell/Censer all came out with release of the 8th edition army book in ~2011ish.
Seraphon received Skink Starseer, Skink Priest, Carnasaur/Troglodon, the Terradactyls in 2012 with thier 8th edition release.
Skaven got the Verminlord, Thanquol, and Stormfeinds with the End Times release in 2013.

• Like 1

Let's just say that both factions need a bit of love on the model side.... both have models that seem to date back to the early 90's or at least look like it.

Looking at you gutter runners

Edited by Skarn

and looks like we, finally, have another FP week ahead of us...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/08/tales-of-forbidden-power-root-and-stem/

so I guess a new battleplan, some new lore etc to follow imminently... that it looks like it's Sylvaneth focused which might also explain the long gap since the last one, possibly.

Edited by JPjr

Faqs are here!!!

But something is wrong as BCR are still 2018 and Skaven disappeared.

EDIT 2: Was Heaving Masses a summoning Command Ability for FEC? If so, then you can't use it more than once per turn now.

Edited by michu

13 minutes ago, michu said:

Faqs are here!!!

But something is wrong as BCR are still 2018 and Skaven disappeared.

EDIT 2: Was Heaving Masses a summoning Command Ability for FEC? If so, then you can't use it more than once per turn now.

Nothing new showing when I look 🤔

weirdly, for me at least, the English versions haven't updated yet, change the flag in the top right to some (not all) of the language options like Italian, Chinese etc and they all come up updated.

but obviously you'll need then to speak that language. give it ten minutes or so, sure it will all be up in a bit.