The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Is it me or the healing light is super weird? D3 for model so if you have a unit with more models in range you can heal the wounded guy more than once as long as the injured guy has of course enough wounds available? 

Yes. Think about it:

- Behemoths and Heroes are 1 model and heal as usual.

- Units of several models can only have 1 injured model in their ranks (if they have more than  1 hp each) .

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

Yes. Think about it:

- Behemoths and Heroes are 1 model and heal as usual.

- Units of several models can only have 1 injured model in their ranks (if they have more than  1 hp each) .

No ok imagine this: I have 3 spirit hosts, 3 wounds each within 6”, 1 is wounded and has only a wound left. I pick it for the roll and I do 1 on a D3. That means he still has 1 wound left. I pick another model of the same unit and get another 1, that means a wound healed to the unit as you don’t heal models... basically you roll D3 for each model of the unit, not for each wounded model...

27 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

No ok imagine this: I have 3 spirit hosts, 3 wounds each within 6”, 1 is wounded and has only a wound left. I pick it for the roll and I do 1 on a D3. That means he still has 1 wound left. I pick another model of the same unit and get another 1, that means a wound healed to the unit as you don’t heal models... basically you roll D3 for each model of the unit, not for each wounded model...

I think it would still be the one D3.  The text is "heal D3 wounds allocated to each friendly model within 6 inches of the objective".  So you would only roll for models with wounds allocated to them that are within 6" of the objective.  This could be several models (heroes, units etc).  

• Like 1

Really excited about the Engagement option for Matched Play. Think it will introduce more tactics which should increase the viability of many armies which simply can’t compete in the regular meta and matched requirements.

Will also reduce the syndrome of Death by a Thousand Dice, army wipesand the boredom of munching through tar pits for 4 turns. 

16 minutes ago, JackdawGin said:

I think it would still be the one D3.  The text is "heal D3 wounds allocated to each friendly model within 6 inches of the objective".  So you would only roll for models with wounds allocated to them that are within 6" of the objective.  This could be several models (heroes, units etc).  

I would agree with you by logic but the text says heal D3 wounds for each model, not for each unit and not for each wounded model. I believe in the end will be for unit but looks a super weird wording...

13 hours ago, sorokyl said:

you just got a skaven tome. No new skaven stuff for 2+ years, for sure (they plan the tomes around the minis in the pipe, doesn't make sense to print a tome then release minis)

I will be very sad if there will be no Skaven releases in 2020, the Year of the Rat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swooper said:

I will be very sad if there will be no Skaven releases in 2020, the Year of the Rat.

It would be fitting that there is at least 1 (best case being a complete redo of everything finecas, metal and ancient for a huge release) but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

So do we think they’ll do an article on points this week?

Best hope may be waiting for youtube reviews, lately they seem to be coming out just before preorders go up and generally show a good deal of each book. Although they may ask reviewers not to show/talk about point changes for this one.

4 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

It would be fitting that there is at least 1 (best case being a complete redo of everything finecas, metal and ancient for a huge release) but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I just want all the non plastic models to get updates. Also maybe one or two more pestilins unit types (like ground troups). 

I'd like to see the same for seraphon and slight fleshing out of existing aos 1.0 armies.

Edited by Riavan

34 minutes ago, Charlo said:

Those cards look HELLA fun.

Imagine having a shared deck and drawing them one at a time or doing it at an event. Utter MADNESS.

I’m imagining myself with like a ton of cards a bottle of water, sweating to get the right cards while looking at my opponents, trying to guess who has what.

so basically me playing poker with cards having the inscription of unit’s that can be taken instead of the pictures you usually see on the poker cards.

22 hours ago, sorokyl said:

you just got a skaven tome. No new skaven stuff for 2+ years, for sure (they plan the tomes around the minis in the pipe, doesn't make sense to print a tome then release minis)

I think we'll start to see more model releases decoupled from battletome releases once they get the big battletome push done. Personally, I'm thinking Skaven will get something in 2020 like some new models for Nightrunners and/or Gutter Runners.