The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, JPjr said:

I can’t believe people aren’t more excited about getting a Thundercats warband. Who knows maybe they could face off against the new Death faction led by Mumm-SettRa the Ever Living.

DDDF8B04-F94D-4488-8E6A-B4EB2F1E9B8A.jpeg

6AA17583-E892-490A-91F1-4E4D88E93466.jpeg

Oh thank you had to just remind me of the abomination known as Thundercats Roar

7 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Well another 1.5 years of suckage if there are  4 tones left for the year my brothers. It’s like GW loves us to suffer incredibly. 

According to Vince Vinturella (see the review video above), it's AT LEAST one tome per GA this year, not only one per GA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Vince on warhammer weekly confirmed that gw said there will be AT LEAST one more battletome for each grand alliance this year. He said they also hinted that a slaves to Darkness book is on the way. All the Warcry warbands will have the slaves to Darkness keyword. Warcry is coming in July. 

Mercenaries is a discrete list of units. Aimed at narrative but allowed in matched play. They suggested that it is a fairly small list. 

The goal is to have every faction up to date within two years. Some factions may be combined or reimagined. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Swooper said:

According to Vince Vinturella (see the review video above), it's AT LEAST one tome per GA this year, not only one per GA.

It is interesting that he heard at least one, and Sprues and Brews heard "one", makes me think GW should have included that info in their wrap-up.

10 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Well another 1.5 years of suckage if there are  4 tones left for the year my brothers. It’s like GW loves us to suffer incredibly. 

If the year which gave us:

Daughters of Khaine
Idoneth
Stormcast riding pegasus hyenas and dragoncats
Almost the entirety of Shadspire
Gloomspite
Skaven
Flesh Eater Courts
Sylvanath
Slaaneshmass
AoS 2.0
Endless Spells
Khorne

2 full new armies - over half a dozen updated tomes - a splattering of new models - new game mechanics  and more

And gods know I've likely forgotten a few things from what's come out. If ALLL that is not even 1 year of suckage then freaking heck I hope GW gives us another year like that! 

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

well chances do look good for KO since they got the Nightvault Warband

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Daughters of Khaine
Idoneth
Gloomspite
Skaven
Flesh Eater Courts
Sylvanath
Slaaneshmass
AoS 2.0
Endless Spells
Khorne

2 full new armies - over half a dozen updated tomes - a splattering of new models - new game mechanics  and more

And gods know I've likely forgotten a few things from what's come out. If ALLL that is not even 1 year of suckage then freaking heck I hope GW gives us another year like that! 

i guess you haven't play KO in the last year?

Just now, novakai said:

i guess you haven't play KO in the last year?

No but then they've not had an updated 2.0 Tome release. 

I can't deny some factions are worse off at present than others, but at its current rate and speed KO is likely going to be updated within the next year from now. So all that KO sadness can get turned around! Sure you might get a skaven style release and only one if no new models, but you might well get a fresh roster of abilities and stats that makes the faction far more viable. Heck perhaps this time next year we'll be talking about how they have to nerf the OP broken KO

Suffice it to say that at present any faction wthout a 2.0Tome has potential to be playing at a significant disadvantage; but that within the year that should be resolved (a year being a year from now not until christmas). This speed is BLAZINGLY fast for GW where otherwise you might have had to wait two, three, four years or more to see a hint of an update. 

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

Daughters of Khaine
Idoneth
Gloomspite
Skaven
Flesh Eater Courts
Sylvanath
Slaaneshmass
AoS 2.0
Endless Spells
Khorne

I meant for the Kharadron Overlords. 

4 hours ago, Charleston said:

The Point Values is one of the thin Handouts/Pamphlets. I could imagine we can get theese for free at out local GW just like the Rules for 40k or AoS (at least as it was in the last edition).

Plus, they could add base sizes to all units, making it the essential Matched Play pamphlet.

6 minutes ago, Austin said:

It is interesting that he heard at least one, and Sprues and Brews heard "one", makes me think GW should have included that info in their wrap-up.

Same for the release schedule talk. For the record: GHB-June; Warcry Juli. In their own interest, that's not info GW should leave to word of mouth via a third parties.

Interestingly still no eta. for Forbidden Power and terrain, more fuel to the idea that it was hit by the same issue as Sylvaneth.

1 minute ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Huh? You got me double and tripple checking, but I still don't see any timetable for GHB and Warcry on the liveblog, only the paints.

for Warcry it on the live action trailer

GHB was on a pamphlet but I don't think I see it on the blog

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rogue Explorator said:

Huh? You got me double and tripple checking, but I still don't see any timetable for GHB and Warcry on the liveblog, only the paints.

They are there. Warcry was in the video for sure, but the GHB was on there too.

3 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

They are there. Warcry was in the video for sure, but the GHB was on there too.

Ok, so I was apparently to busy cringing to notice the date in that video. I'll absolutely take the fault there.

The GHB isn't on the blog though, however, it is on the pamhlet shared by the agregators, so not left to word of mouth either. So there's a criticism I'll take back.