The Painting Contract - February 2019

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for February 2019!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

Since February is a short month we will be closing the contract on the 26th (rather than the usual 28th) and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe &  @TheOtherJosh

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to get my 'New Year, New Army' warlord challenge caught up so this month is;

- 3 Blood Sisters

- 4 Doomfire Warlorcks

- Bloodwrack Medusa

- Hag Queen

Now to see if I can pull myself away from Kingdom Hearts III long enough to get some painting done...

Have had a very busy start to university term 2, but hopefully will make some time. My goals:

Painting goals:

• 10 Chaos Warriors
  • Get up to 15 Slaaneshi Acolytes
  • Chaos Sorcerer 

Assembly Goals:

• 5 Hellstriders
  • 5 - 10 more Chaos Warriors 

Possible Stretch:

• Convert my Daemon prince(ss)
  • Paint the extra warriors

I'm gonna hopefully polish off my last couple of bits from Tzaanuary before celebrating cold and flu season with some Nurgly goodness:

Core goals:

• Finish the Glotkin;
  • Great Unclean One;
  • Three Poxleapers;

Stretch goals:

• Gnarlmaw;
  • Three bile troggoths;
  • Three blight drones

Super stretch goal:

• Horticulous

I've realised that despite being a Chaos collector since about 2003, I have never fully painted a unit of Chaos Knights, so they are first on the list this month.

Goals:

5 Chaos Knights (of Khorne)

5 more Bloodreavers 

And in the background, keep working on Skarbrand!

last month proved that even with a 6 week old you can get (very little) painting done ;)  So a very small list this time. Just a list of things close to done, and everything on here I can finish is a bonus:

Close to done:
Garreks Reavers 50% done
Frigate 80% done
Cauldron crew 95% done
Stormcast Skirmish Squad 50% done.

Everything already basecoated but stretch: 10 gors, 2 Beastlords, 1 Khemist, 1 Overtyrant, 3 Nurglings, most of a souls war box build. 

January was a tough painting month. I hit a bit of a stalemate with the winter weather. It became to cold for me to do any priming in my garage and I wasn't able to prime the sister bows or swords. 

February's painting contract will be a simple one. I will complete my contracts from December and January. Only after they are completed will I add to my February one. 

I'm In:

Committed:
Aether-Khemist
10 x Arknaut Company
10 x Grundstok Thunderers

Pushing it:
Knight-Incantor
10 x Arknaut Company
9 x Endrinriggers

* Seems like a lot, but one of the newer players at my FLGS was given flak for having a drybrushed army, ironically by someone who's army isn't even painted.  So I've decided to do a majority of this force by drybrushing to show that it's okay and can look good.  Here's hoping I can deliver on the second part.

(Off question, what are people using for img hosting?)

I am itching to paint something other than khorne, after 6 months solid of red. So...

Finish painting 5 Chaos Knights 

Build 20 blue horrors, 20 brimstones, 3 Bloodcrushers, 1 reaver titan and 2 warhounds.

I'll be painting titanicus stuff, but if i paint any aos this month my stretch goal will be two Slaughterpriests

3 hours ago, Sarkazim said:

* Seems like a lot, but one of the newer players at my FLGS was given flak for having a drybrushed army, ironically by someone who's army isn't even painted.  So I've decided to do a majority of this force by drybrushing to show that it's okay and can look good.  Here's hoping I can deliver on the second part.

(Off question, what are people using for img hosting?)

Thats just dumb, especially if that person didn’t even make the effort. Dry brushing is just another technique to use. Good on you for having his back. 

I also upload directly to this site, as I use it as a painting log as well. Uploads through image hosts can disappear On this forum once in a while. 

As before, I'll pledge towards some general goals of which I hope to achieve two or three of them:

• Finish Tyranid Kill Team
  • Finish Space Wolf Kill Team
  • Put some paint on either my 2nd dragon or hydra
  • Complete half finished unit of Drakespawn Knights
  • Paint a Lord Relictor 

My Goal is quite simple: finish my Nurgle!

Which means:

• Finishing detail work on 20 more plaguebearers
  • Making Plaguebearer unit fillers out of nurglings
  • Build and paint 3 more flies
  • Convert and paint demon prince
  • Paint 6 nurgling bases
  • Paint GUO magnetised arms
  • Base everything! (only the GUO has a finished base)

Most of my work so far (not the best photo):

20190110_143744019_iOS.jpg

And I finally finished of my Tzaangor enlightenment and their fellow shaman.

This little fellow really took everything out of me (I literally needed a day to paint one of these) thankfully Nurgle had his hands in it, and well gifted me with one of his pestilential  gifts.  Next to literally missing  work that’s piling up, I at least had enough time to paint.

7079095B-50D1-4F28-9321-850057600118.jpeg

32AE9865-BA9A-4EDD-8D69-8647DF68521A.jpeg

C4A940DB-DEB4-4F9A-ADE8-2FE2DCD64CA7.jpeg

40B9FED8-FEDE-48D6-B4BD-B4AF74E08950.jpeg

BB36581C-E50A-4C4D-9213-CEF3A1C01265.jpeg

Archived