AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

Just now, Ryan Taylor said:

They say they have shown all the new models but not their variants. I would guess there is an alternative troll build. 

Hopefully, but there has been zero mention of Sourbreath in any of the releases so far, and they have already brought up River Trogs, Rockgut Trogs, Dank Trogs, and Trogbosses. I would think they would have at least been given a passing mention of Sourbreaths if they were coming.

19 minutes ago, Ryan Taylor said:

Or maybe stabba is just the name for the unit regardless of how they are armed. 

Well the current moonclan grot warscroll i'm looking at lists the spears as "pokin spears" and the alternative is the stabbas, which are meant to be the swords. So unless they change the warscroll in the new book the stabbas appear to be the sword option.

28 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

it of a shame, but I guess they can be mixed in with normal grot mob for diversity. Maybe using the Spider-grot archers and the Spider-grot shaman you can use them as Zarbag's Gitz.

You can also use them at netter models

Edited by svnvaldez

2 hours ago, obaobaboss said:

So I guess I have to use my sourbreath troggoths now as Rockguts? 

That's what I'm planning on doing with mine. 

I'm not that sad about it...There was a bit of redundancy between the various near-identical Troggoth warscrolls, and they are the least interesting models of the current Troggoths.  

The "holding a boulder" pose is a common thread across the Dankhold and Rockguts, which feels like a good way of legitimising the Sourbreath models as a different type of Troggoth.

Dankholds look a lot bigger, so I'm taking it as an opportunity to do a decent scenic 50mm base and use them as Rockguts.  Fill out the extra space with mushrooms, rocks etc.  I think it'll work fine and give you the chance to keep using your old models in that way.

9 hours ago, katana100 said:

How essential do everyone think the moonshine will be as I just don't have space for massive terrain piece 😥

If space or transportation is an issue then I expect you can get away with making a 2d template for it and carrying that with you.  Outside of a tournament with stricter model rules I don't expect anyone else would mind.  The Shrine effectively represents a hole in the ground that stuff climbs out of - so a flat template would be fine by me.

• LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

o.O if this happens every turn no matter where your units are (assumingly D3 MWs on a 6+, and you have to test per unit and perhaps a higher chance if you are on the quarter with the moon) this feels kind of broken o.O.
On a 6+ may not seem like much but everyone who ever played a custom scenario in which a unit suffers D3 MWs on a 6+ knows that it's a game changer (byebye heroes)

If this effect is more like: Roll one die at the start of the turn and the enemy takes D6 MWs on a 5+/6+ and the enemy can distribute the damage among his units as he/she likes,  it might be more fair.

Let's see how this gets implemented.

I seriously doubt a mechanic for Goblins would ever be designed with the idea of being "fair" - goblins just don't understand the concept.  I'm sure there is something else in the book to balance out these sorts of abilities - such as having an army comprised heavily of goblins...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I seriously doubt a mechanic for Goblins would ever be designed with the idea of being "fair" - goblins just don't understand the concept.  I'm sure there is something else in the book to balance out these sorts of abilities - such as having an army comprised heavily of goblins...

Animosity here we come! Cause that was a totally fair system back in WFB! 😜

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

I believe the mechanic was detailed on stream earlier, that once per Gloomspite phase you pick an enemy unit and roll a die. If the number is less than the number of models in the unit it takes D3 mortal wounds. Someone posted a screenshot in the panic thread in News and Rumors I think. 

That seems pretty fair and balanced. It can't really snipe heros, and will only be really effective on units greater than 5. I think that's a nice little bonus, with the main focus being on the moon affecting your units. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gorthaur said:

Well the current moonclan grot warscroll i'm looking at lists the spears as "pokin spears" and the alternative is the stabbas, which are meant to be the swords. So unless they change the warscroll in the new book the stabbas appear to be the sword option.

We already know the warscroll is being split. The archers get their own scroll. Assume other things about the grots will change. Assume any other warscroll may change. Don't make any decisions until you have the book...the warscroll you are looking at is obsolete

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neffelo said:

I believe the mechanic was detailed on stream earlier, that once per Gloomspite phase you pick an enemy unit and roll a die. If the number is less than the number of models in the unit it takes D3 mortal wounds. Someone posted a screenshot in the panic thread in News and Rumors I think. 

That seems pretty fair and balanced. It can't really snipe heros, and will only be really effective on units greater than 5. I think that's a nice little bonus, with the main focus being on the moon affecting your units. 

Sounds like it would squish units of high armor and single wound stunties fairly good. I am imagining a very unlucky trio of longbeards or arkanauts being crushed by the bad moon's glare. Not major, but it will add up over time.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer

13 minutes ago, Riddles said:

Did anyone hear anything of note in the battle report?

Errr what can I remember... (or half remember) 

Loonshrine recycles half the unit size of a Grot unit on a dice roll ( I assume s 4+) . There is a battalion that allows bringing back of the whole unit size.

Mangler Squigs now FLY.

Cave Squigs are now 2a/4+/3+/-1/1 

The Sneaky Snufflers give a unit wholly with 12” +1 attack if they themselves don’t move.

Loonboss on Mangler had a trait that let it retreat after combat on a 4+.

Fanatics have changed. They no longer charge in your opponents turn. They can still hide in units, when they appear and charge in your turn they are attivated at the start of the combat phase before anything else. They are also d6 damage as well I think. 

The new mushroom fanatics block LOS if a unit has to draw a line wholly through the unit (or something like that). They also provide a buff of some sort but can’t remember. 

I’m sure there is plenty more. 

• Like 1