Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Just now, dekay said:

I'll need a full name, please ; ). I haven't found a single place offering a discount on these and it'd help immensly ; )

Waylandgames.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Waylandgames.co.uk

Now how about one that sends to Australia >.>

Edit: actually I just looked, can these guys send GW products internationally? I couldnt see it anywhere, some websites have exclusions. 

Edited by Batch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else having trouble with the Azyr app allowing you to choose more than 1 unit of KO or other faction, that is allowed, without getting ‘invalid’? I have 8 units and it’s telling me I can’t more than 1 unit of KO for every 4 units in the army.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nicholunch said:

Anyone else having trouble with the Azyr app allowing you to choose more than 1 unit of KO or other faction, that is allowed, without getting ‘invalid’? I have 8 units and it’s telling me I can’t more than 1 unit of KO for every 4 units in the army.

have you tried putting in 10 units and then putting another Kharadron unit it? It could be that instead of 1/4 KO being allowed, it's 1/5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nicholunch said:

Anyone else having trouble with the Azyr app allowing you to choose more than 1 unit of KO or other faction, that is allowed, without getting ‘invalid’? I have 8 units and it’s telling me I can’t more than 1 unit of KO for every 4 units in the army.

It's doesn't even count eternal guard as Battleline at the moment, doesn't list slyvaneth as allies, and there is no way to chose your city yet. I think it needs a little more work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello gentlemen of the order, yesterday I played my first two games with this army and I have drawn two conclusions, the first is that the artillery has lost something, but not so much, it had the perfect combo (Lord ordinator, cogsmith, 2 hellblaster, 2 rocket, but the celestial hurricanum, with battalion), in turn 1 I left the terrorgheist with 2 wounds, but my opponent with a ghoul spam list removed my screens (state troops with shield), the game as many in this game was decided with the double turn of (******), if I had won it, I would have swept his list, besides I made rookie mistakes for not reading the book deeply.

My second game was much better with Hammerhald, I have to say that they hit very well and the ability to not do battleshock checks in my area helped me a lot, I only have 3 painted semi-cracks so I used, 30 great swordsmen, I was very surprised.

I have an event on the 19th of this month, which city are you thinking is ok? I suppose that 90% will say Hallowerth, but I am not convinced by the fact of going to magic in an event in which Tzeencht and Nagash will surely be, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the battletome, no restrictions on Stormcast special characters as far as I can see. 

(Edited to be correct.)

Edited by Defonotaspambot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mjolnertf said:

Hello gentlemen of the order, yesterday I played my first two games with this army and I have drawn two conclusions, the first is that the artillery has lost something, but not so much, it had the perfect combo (Lord ordinator, cogsmith, 2 hellblaster, 2 rocket, but the celestial hurricanum, with battalion), in turn 1 I left the terrorgheist with 2 wounds, but my opponent with a ghoul spam list removed my screens (state troops with shield), the game as many in this game was decided with the double turn of (******), if I had won it, I would have swept his list, besides I made rookie mistakes for not reading the book deeply.

My second game was much better with Hammerhald, I have to say that they hit very well and the ability to not do battleshock checks in my area helped me a lot, I only have 3 painted semi-cracks so I used, 30 great swordsmen, I was very surprised.

I have an event on the 19th of this month, which city are you thinking is ok? I suppose that 90% will say Hallowerth, but I am not convinced by the fact of going to magic in an event in which Tzeencht and Nagash will surely be, thanks

The minimum cast bonus for your hallowheart wizards is +3, +5 for the dark elf sorceress.(if you get a one with your command ability)

But on average the bonus is +5, +7 for the sorceress and you can do the command ability multiple times to guarantee a high bonus. 

So the only one being remotely able to hinder you is Nagash, since all casters cast at least 2 times and your throwing out endless spells like crazy. The empowered spell portal can be set up anywhere so you can cast 1 spell outside unbind range and deal some damage to reduce his cast/unbind bonuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mjolnertf said:

Hello gentlemen of the order, yesterday I played my first two games with this army and I have drawn two conclusions, the first is that the artillery has lost something, but not so much, it had the perfect combo (Lord ordinator, cogsmith, 2 hellblaster, 2 rocket, but the celestial hurricanum, with battalion), in turn 1 I left the terrorgheist with 2 wounds, but my opponent with a ghoul spam list removed my screens (state troops with shield), the game as many in this game was decided with the double turn of (******), if I had won it, I would have swept his list, besides I made rookie mistakes for not reading the book deeply.

My second game was much better with Hammerhald, I have to say that they hit very well and the ability to not do battleshock checks in my area helped me a lot, I only have 3 painted semi-cracks so I used, 30 great swordsmen, I was very surprised.

I have an event on the 19th of this month, which city are you thinking is ok? I suppose that 90% will say Hallowerth, but I am not convinced by the fact of going to magic in an event in which Tzeencht and Nagash will surely be, thanks

hallowheart is solid and stacks up enough bonuses that it is hard to dispell. Phoenecium I think has an amazing combo with phoenixes and phoenix guard. With a spell cast, a phoenix is a three plus, four plus, regens a wound a turn in the battalion, and there's a spell to heal d3 wounds to multiple phoenixes in range. On top of that you get one of them with a command trait and an artifact, further making them difficult to take down. And then you have a command ability that allows you to attack on death and one that gives rerolls for the faction that 80 percent of your army will be. It's a real solid army that just focuses on outlasting the enemy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, overtninja said:

have you tried putting in 10 units and then putting another Kharadron unit it? It could be that instead of 1/4 KO being allowed, it's 1/5.

I did try putting 3 or 4 more Cities units into my list and it didn't change the error. I think there is a bug that it's not accounting for the 1 in 4 when adding more than 1 unit of KO and Stormcast.

And the warscroll builder on the website doesn't account for Cities of Sigmar as a faction yet with new points and new battleline association.

Edited by Nicholunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicholunch said:

I did try putting 3 or 4 more Cities units into my list and it didn't change the error. I think there is a bug that it's not accounting for the 1 in 4 when adding more than 1 unit of KO and Stormcast.

And the warscroll builder on the website doesn't account for Cities of Sigmar as a faction yet with new points and new battleline association.

That's a bummer, though probably better than the alternative that you need 4 units from CoS before you can add a stormcast or other ally. Hopefully the Warscroll Builder gets updated soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, overtninja said:

That's a bummer, though probably better than the alternative that you need 4 units from CoS before you can add a stormcast or other ally. Hopefully the Warscroll Builder gets updated soon!

Actually, I think it's a little different. You don't necessarily need 4 units of Cities. 1 in 4 units allowed as KO and 1 in 4 units allowed as Stormcast is technically a limit to the whole army. So for example, if you take 1 in 4 as KO, that means 3 in 4 needs to be Cities. If you take 1 in 4 as KO and 1 in 4 as Stormcast, that means that 2 in 4 needs to at least be Cities. Or if you take 1 in 4 as KO, 1 in 4 as Stormcast, and 1 in 4 as Allies, then 1 in 4 needs at least needs to be Cities. 

Edited by Nicholunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nicholunch said:

Actually, I think it's a little different. You don't necessarily need 4 units of Cities. 1 in 4 units allowed as KO and 1 in 4 units allowed as Stormcast is technically a limit to the whole army. So for example, if you take 1 in 4 as KO, that means 3 in 4 needs to be Cities. If you take 1 in 4 as KO and 1 in 4 as Stormcast, that means that 2 in 4 needs to at least be Cities. Or if you take 1 in 4 as KO, 1 in 4 as Stormcast, and 1 in 4 as Allies, then 1 in 4 needs at least needs to be Cities. 

That's honestly what I was hoping for, since I intend to play Living City with my old elves and sylvaneth, so it's good to hear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

 

I'm seeing a few strong armies

1: hallowheart spell spam bunker.

2: tempest eye alpha strike/upfield bunker-darkshards with maybe a dwarf screen for that 2+ sv your first turn.

3: Living cities surprise monsters. Drycha, freeguild general with the artifacts, a few shadow warriors to assassinate weak targets.

4: pheonix guard spam-just really strong infantry, could be combined with many of the others on this list or as it's own plan. 

5: gunline. Maybe empire crossbows or handgunners, maybe artillery, maybe drakeguns or sisters but there seems to be something here.

 

Are there other very strong looking lists I'm missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Tempest eye bunker maybe better served with eternal guard than dwarves. They get an easy 3+ by not moving. Throw them in cover or use the sisters of the thorn spell to get a 2+ save wherever you want. Mystic shield if you really want to go in on it.

 

Tangentially related to the above I personally think the emerald lifeswarm is really strong in CoS due to the boost in healing/resurrecting to d6. Any tough to kill unit (like say eternal guard, phoenix guard, even sequitors) are going to become exponentially harder to shift if d6 of them are coming back every turn.

Imagine sequitors with a Lord arcanum nearby, boost them with terrain or SotT and they're going to be rock hard to shift, the arcanum ability can allow you to leave one alive one one wound, then the Living cities attuned to nature kicks in putting him back to full, which triggers the emerald lifeswarm to go from heal mode to resurrect up to 3. That could make quite an anvil on which to break your enemy.  Form a solid wall backed by sisters of the watch and the 3" range on their "loose until the last" means they can soften whatever charges the defenders without being in combat themselves.

Edited by The Red King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Batch said:

Now how about one that sends to Australia >.>

Edit: actually I just looked, can these guys send GW products internationally? I couldnt see it anywhere, some websites have exclusions. 

They do send In Europe but Aussies and Kiwis are out of luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Line of EG + NP + SoTW behind to presoft/overwatch on charge with NP buff both EG and SotW +1hit and -1 hit debuff for big stuff. Throw SotT behind it all- their spell now works multiple turns (basicly unit is buffed untill it moves) so you can pre cast Armor of Thorns and have City spell at the ready.

For this setup i tried Tempest Eye City for Battleshock immunity artefact and +1 wound roll on ranged giving my SotW 2+/2+ profile for 1CP. 

And +1 A meele spell from City for EG in front. with 10 of these you get 30 A on 2+/3+ and armor save of 2+ returning MW on 6+.

Considering 20 SotW with +1A if not moved enemy unit gets 40 +20  2+/2+ shots with 6+ hit generating extra MW on their face before they can swing A sword at you.

Neat.

Then for extra 90pts u could get Battlemage to cast -1to hit spell or Transmutation for RR 1s and halve movement which could prolonge charge 1 more turn

Cant wait to try it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rahatlin said:

6+ hit generating extra MW

Unfortunately, it is unmodified wound rolls of 6 that generate Mortal Wounds for SotW.  It is still good, especially if you're hitting on 2s, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious if anyone with Azyr has been able to build Cities lists yet? I figured with the book officially out, it would be updated but I still can’t build Cities lists. Did I miss something?

edit - nevermind. Just needed an update.

Edited by FPC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having read the book, I think it's quite obvious it was made with some, but not all the culling in mind, also, the Luminarch and Hurricanum are described as being Ironweld, notalways College.

We see menstions of witch hunters, militia option for guard, organ guns and cannons, but not of proper generals, thunderers, dwarf warriors, freeguild archers.

Also quite a few mentions of Lethis and Excelsior, curious why they were omitted.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xking said:

So how did people like the short stories in the book? any lore you like?

I liked the feel of the races working together quite a bit. I also liked the writing style, and will pick up some AoS lore novellas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xking said:

So how did people like the short stories in the book? any lore you like?

After reading ‘Blood in the water’ it got me even more excited about my Anvilgard corsairs, and adding Freeguild to it. I have a pack of Pistoleers I had intended to convert into Imperial Guard Roughriders for 40k but they’ll do far more good in the name of Anvilgard.

 

The Honour & Glory section’s entry on Anvilgard: The battle of Blista Bakk makes me want to make a board (or at least some terrain to represent) of the floating Orc pirate city, to replay the battle.

 

That plus the city page is all we got, but I loved what we got.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick list I put together and I want an opinion. Idea is to move 1 Runelord with the staff as a companion to the Steam Tank to buff it and keep it healed as well as on unit on the side. The other side is a steady dwarven advance of artillery with bulk of the army, doing my best to make the artillery the center of my line and shoot the living bejesus out of everything in between

 

Greywater Fastness

Realm of Ghyran

Batallion: Greywater Artillery Battery 120 Points

Heroes

General: Warden King with Steam Piston Plate, Drillmaster Trait 110 points

Runelord Adjutant with Wand of Restoration 90 Points

Runelord 90 Points

Lord-Ordinator 140

Cogsmith 60

Battleline

Hammerersx20 280 Points

Ironbreakersx20 260 Points

Irondrakesx20 300 Points

LongbeardsGW×10 110 points

Artillery

Helblaster Volleygun 120 Points

Helblaster Volleygun 120 Points

Behemoths

Steamtank 200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Bladedwind said:

Quick list I put together and I want an opinion. Idea is to move 1 Runelord with the staff as a companion to the Steam Tank to buff it and keep it healed as well as on unit on the side. The other side is a steady dwarven advance of artillery with bulk of the army, doing my best to make the artillery the center of my line and shoot the living bejesus out of everything in between

 

Greywater Fastness

Realm of Ghyran

Batallion: Greywater Artillery Battery 120 Points

Heroes

General: Warden King with Steam Piston Plate, Drillmaster Trait 110 points

Runelord Adjutant with Wand of Restoration 90 Points

Runelord 90 Points

Lord-Ordinator 140

Cogsmith 60

Battleline

Hammerersx20 280 Points

Ironbreakersx20 260 Points

Irondrakesx20 300 Points

LongbeardsGW×10 110 points

Artillery

Helblaster Volleygun 120 Points

Helblaster Volleygun 120 Points

Behemoths

Steamtank 200

Alright I find with Greywater you either invest in Artillery or Stanks, have both and you kind of lose direction.  If I can make a few suggestions for this list.

Lose the Steam Tank and replace the Volleys for Rockets, I doubt at times the Volley could reach all targets. So that being said you can lose the second Runelord or dedicate him to the big beefy line of Dorfs. Now I wont take anything else but make some suggestions. 

Hurricanum is really rather good to stick next to your Irondrakes, To get the most out of that battalion I suggest 4 Artillery pieces and finally you need some speed in this army so either Gyrocopters OR grab a wizard and take the Bridge endless spell, being CoS it's a 24" move and you can get your Hammers right up close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...