AoS 2 - Soulblight Discussion

RuneBrush

1 hour ago, herohammer said:

90s skellies are actually too big though, compared to the newer models, not too small. A rare case of reverse scale creep like the 90s Daemonettes that are bigger than both the plastics and the Juan Diaz models.

I was referring to the first plastic kits before those became the norm, those are tiny in comparison.  Yes the old metals were chunky.  I still love my original wights with their barbaric undertones.  

52 minutes ago, El Syf said:

I’m considering fell bats. I’ve never considered fell bats in all the years I’ve been in the hobby!

Fell Bats haven’t been worth using for years.  I can live with the cost and most stats but GW seriously ****** up the range.  At the minimum they need to be trashy stats with a 20”.  Garbage that can’t maneuver right is better spent on more battleline.

I used to run these guys all the time during 6th edition WFB.  In AoS Direwolves mostly perform the same function only better.

35 minutes ago, Evil Bob said:

Yes the old metals were chunky.

I think my metal skelli troupe is awesome... the Heavy armor dude with the spear through his chest, the samurai dude, the cloak&dagger stabby.

those with the top knot necro were the first minis I painted 👴🏻

hlg18o7zjni61.png

So here's a thing i noticed and since nobody talked about it i wish to bring it up. If you squint really hard you may see some models in the background that look like some kind of glaive weilding infantry of some kind.  Now, unless my brain is  starting to rot away (and since i live forever i seriously doubt that) there are no such models in the current range so since the colour scheme looks like skellies my money are on polearms graveguard. 

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, herohammer said:

I hope there will be a way to make either or both bat swarms and/or fel bats battle line. Maybe with a specific general or with a subfaction. I want a horde of bats so that I can say "leesten to thaim, cheeldren of the night. what sweet music they make."

Same, to be honest. Also hopeful that we will get an appropriate context in which to say "Oh, I never drink... wine."

5 hours ago, Nagash42 said:

I noticed something during the preview. The skeletons don't seem to have a musician and the zombies don't seem to have a standard or noise maker.

They might be losing their always at least 6" charges. 

I noticed that too! Kind of sad to see the old Warhammer tradition of trumpet skeletons come to an end. But I don't know if we can conclude that Skeletons will lose their 6" charge ability. They could just print that on the warscroll, anyway, or it could be an allegiance ability now. I'd personally like it if the 6" auto charge became the signature ability of Deathrattle. I like that flavour for them: Usually slow and shambling, but will suddenly spring to life and attack when they get close to their enemies.

Overall, the loss of command models is kind of sad from a flavour perspective, but not actually a big deal gameplay-wise. The upsides provided by command models may look like a bonus, but they are actually worse than just printing the same ability on the warscroll unconditionally. And you can be sure that if a unit has a +1 bravery banner or +1 to run and charge musician, those traits would just be factored into the base stats if the kit had not command models.

11 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

hlg18o7zjni61.png

So here's a thing i noticed and since nobody talked about it i wish to bring it up. If you squint really hard you may see some models in the background that look like some kind of glaive weilding infantry of some kind.  Now, unless my brain is not starting to rot away (and since i live forever i seripusly doubt that) there are no such models in the current range so since the colour scheme looks like skellies my money are on polearms graveguard. 

I could not make out what is going on in that video before, but that guy on the right sure seems to be holding a Lumineth-sized polearm, doesn't he?

Anyway, we know more is coming. There should be a "New Model Monday" today, as well. Let's hope for some more Gravelords action!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Kind of sad to see the old Warhammer tradition of trumpet skeletons come to an end.

GW couldn't allow the Doot-Skeleton to continue. He was too powerful! I mean how did he manage to play his instrument without lips?! I daresay even Nagash would struggle with that task!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bademeister said:

I loved Grave Guards when LoN hit the Realms. They are good. Maybe they become 2'' Range with 2-handed Glaives. That would bring them back to the table.

it depends. I would say that grave guards problem was durability compared to cost and the fact that they were battleline only in the grand host. 2" range could allow better engagements or even striking from behind zombies or skeletons (wich would be AMAZING) but on the other hand polearms tend to have lower to wound and rend so as i said it depends. If they are at least the same number of attacks of one hand weapons and 3+ 4+ -1 D1 they will be good option.

Also i would prefer halberds to glaives so there's that :3

Edited by Raptor_Jesues

• 3 months later...