Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, erasercrumbs said:

Not at all a fan of the art on the core rulebook. No sweeping vistas of battle, just an expressionless Stormcast with blue hair. 

Blue hair? Its more silvery or grey isnt it?

I like the cover, aside from the stupid chestpiece it looks as convincing as these superheroes can look.

She looks like a warrior plucked from Sigmars own. The indifferent ”dead” look of her face fits perfectly to the theme.

That said, the endless battles style artwork common from GW is also great!

34 minutes ago, ZaelART said:

Carrion flocks inbound? ? Would be awesome.

As an aside, I really love those sculpted bases... I just wish they had a basing kit to go with them for the rest of your army!

Well, you can buy the sigmarite mausoleum 

1 hour ago, Praecautus said:

Surprised no one has picked up on this little guy yet. I am sure his name is in some quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore...

XD

Reminds me of Quoth, the Death of Rats's raven buddy in the Discworld novels!

Now that I mention it, the glaivewraith stalkers bare a striking resemblance to the Death of Rats...

Looks like this set will be some sweet value, me and my buddy are grabbing a core set (£95) GHB (£20) & Core Rulebook (£35) between us so  £150 all together and splitting the price in half so we both get both books, I'm grabbing the nighthaunt, with discount in the U.K the split is £112.75, making it £61 basically for both books AND the Nighthaunt part of the starter set, that's some real value right there! I'm also lucky enough to be splitting with another friend who wants the Stormcast AND books. So for <£90 I'll be getting both books and two sets of the Nighthaunt. Winner, winner, chicken dinner. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the different color shemes that GW can propose on the NightHaunt. The goshtly green is ok. I've seen some (non GW) blue goshts (same as green but light blue).  I remember one flaming orange gosht. But I'd like to see what GW can show us...

15 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Looks like this set will be some sweet value, me and my buddy are grabbing a core set (£95) GHB (£20) & Core Rulebook (£35) between us so  £150 all together and splitting the price in half so we both get both books, I'm grabbing the nighthaunt, with discount in the U.K the split is £112.75, making it £61 basically for both books AND the Nighthaunt part of the starter set, that's some real value right there! I'm also lucky enough to be splitting with another friend who wants the Stormcast AND books. So for <£90 I'll be getting both books and two sets of the Nighthaunt. Winner, winner, chicken dinner. 

There's no copy of the GHB in the starter. You'll need to buy two.

54 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the different color shemes that GW can propose on the NightHaunt. The goshtly green is of. I've seen some (non GW) blue goshts (same as green but light blue).  I remember one flaming orange gosht. But I'd like to see what GW can show us...

Magenta for the win !!! Or yellow from Hysh

1 hour ago, CyderPirate said:

XD

Reminds me of Quoth, the Death of Rats's raven buddy in the Discworld novels!

Now that I mention it, the glaivewraith stalkers bare a striking resemblance to the Death of Rats...

Yes Quoth ? I was also thinking of Nevermore from Edgar Allen Poe the Raven, whom Quoth is a homage too

Quoth the Raven "nevermore"

hadnt thought about bout the death of rats though, love it

7 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Do you think we will get more previews over the next couple of weeks

At the very least there's another Stormcast faction focus due today, with more details on the models in the starter set. I imagine they'll keep the ball rolling as they have been, with at least one post about the new edition per day.

Two questions...

1) It reads like the new rulebook will have tables to roll on to create random battleplans. Are the Open War cards not going to be compatible with 2e? I love that deck and hope to be able to keep using it.

2) I have a decent sized FEC force. If I bought a 2e starter, besides Open Play, how could I combine the Nighthaunt with FEC? Is there some battalion or organization in the Legion of Nagash book that allows ghosts and ghouls?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Two questions...

1) It reads like the new rulebook will have tables to roll on to create random battleplans. Are the Open War cards not going to be compatible with 2e? I love that deck and hope to be able to keep using it.

2) I have a decent sized FEC force. If I bought a 2e starter, besides Open Play, how could I combine the Nighthaunt with FEC? Is there some battalion or organization in the Legion of Nagash book that allows ghosts and ghouls?

Thanks!

1) I think it is not so much replacing the Open War cards as giving them out in a new source, maybe with some new tweaks too! So, MORE Open War, but the deck is still generic enough to use for pretty much forever.

2) Legions of Nagash won't help you, I am afraid. Once you go over the Ally limit for FEC, you are stuck in Grand Alliance Death. Not a horrible place to be, but FEC is kind of the red-headed stepchild of Death (again) now that these new Nighthaunt seem to be added straight to Legions of Nagash.

I am stoked for this release, I just need to figure out what all I am dipping in to. I admit, I was hoping for crazier spell designs for Malign Sorcery, but what we're getting isn't BAD, so I am still game. Will have to make a poll out of the locals to see how many people are looking for Nighthaunt and Sacrosanct, though technically both of my armies could use both of those halves, so maybe I'll just buy the whole thing for myself. My wallet is in tears. lol

7 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

it is quite calm today at warhammer-community, after all those great news yesterday...

The big announcement yesterday came pretty early for them. Most stuff doesn't get started posting for another hour or so, and then they stretch out their posts over an hour or two once they start.

7 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

it is quite calm today at warhammer-community, after all those great news yesterday...

Well, there isn't much more to showcase. Don't know if there any new rules changes they could tease (maybe something related to combat?) and only a couple of faction focuses left to do: Darkling Covens and Wanderers (or how dark and high elves are called nowadays)

Archived