Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

@LLV i still cannot find the "charge attack first" rule. ?

Not a perfect score, nha..? 

To be fair I said  I was told ‘combat more like 40k’ and I even wrote a caveat saying the charge first and pile in was my own assumption. However, We have seen pile in already changed, and still haven’t seen all the rules yet so it’s still 50/50. So I’m still perfect ?

What an absolutely stunning boxed set. I called it a while back that it'd be a Stormcast/Death boxed set that would be very similar to Dark Vengeance, and I'm seriously happy that's how it turned out!

Going to be an expensive buy, I should imagine the boxed set will be £95, Malign Sorcery probably at least another £40, and probably £25 for GHB18. Time to rush through some painting commissions to top up the hobby fund! 

Btw, just an information. I've asked on Facebook when the rules will be downloadable and Warhammer Community answered, when the Rulebook will be available in shops. So we still have to wait till 30th of June.

17 minutes ago, AlphaKennyThing said:

Going to be an expensive buy, I should imagine the boxed set will be £95, Malign Sorcery probably at least another £40, and probably £25 for GHB18. Time to rush through some painting commissions to top up the hobby fund! 

I think we're going to see the handbook stick at £20 and as a soft cover version.  It's worked for the last one and Chapter Approved (40k equivalent) so don't see why they'd bump it up in cost.

19 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

In that case, unless you are perfectly in contact with both models, one unit may be closer to one unit than another (even if that is by millimeters ... or fractions of fractions of fractions of inches.)

If you’re having issues seeing down that close, make a judgment call as to which unit you’re “closer to” (or roll a dice or flip a coin) and then the model has to stay no further away than they started at the beginning of pile-in to that “nearest enemy unit”.

Yeah but why not just make it simple and say that b2b with two models means no move?

41 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Nobody talk about the new paints: I find them awesome. I'll wait for them to paint my (actual) death army to match the new nighthaunt. I know that one don't need them but they are so beatiful: I like the grey

I agree. This box set is perfect for me. I'm a Stormcast player but I've always had an itch to start a Death force as my second army. Those new paints should make painting up the Nighthaunt a breeze. Hopefully the next WD will have a few tips and trick on using them.

Definitely the Core Set, GHB 2018 and new paints for me. I like the Malign Sorcery models but I'll hold off on them for now to see how they're received.

Has anyone else noticed the new combat gauge has no strap with it or hole to add a strap. Whilst this makes it much easier to use (I find the strap forever gets in the way) does this mean the end of inappropriate combat gauge 'modeling' pics :D?

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

that's the worse advice ever! :S

If one or both amies in the core set is appealing to you, this is a MUST BUY!  You can't beat what is packed in this box!!! With 1 or 2 boxes you have  2 big armies already at a super low budget! (you can even resell what you don't need, did it all the time)

I was talking about absolute beginners. I would recommend downloading the free rules,  borrowing a friends army  or using proxy minis. Then if they like it they can buy the big box set if they like the factions. If they buy the set first and then decide they would much prefer Ironjaws, they have wasted a lot of money,  however cool the starter set is. 

Personally I am incredibly stoked for this so I would encourage a beginner to play against me a few times before making a decision. 

Anyway I kind of hope the upcoming grots turn out to be spiderfang just so I don't end up buying 4 armies this year instead of just 3. I still want those Deepkin. 

The mortarch of grief is the very obvious model show in this shot, but I think the winged mounted nighthaunt KoS-like guy in the middle is the most likely candidate for the third named character for NH (besides the craven king). 

Looking at the previous reveal of the craven king, the oultine of the character on the left did look like a nightmare steed with wings, heavy barding and even a helmet. 

named characters.JPG

5 minutes ago, tcrfelton said:

Malign Sorcery is going to have to wait. As a Nighthaunt player I need to get everything else first, including the new battle tome and models on the horizon. Sacrifices must be made. lol

But it's like old times when you get a whole box of stuff for magic! It's strangely old fashioned and unstreamlined for AoS, but I want to get it for those models! 

RE actually playing AoS 2 though- as other have said- rulebook, GH18, the magic supplement AND your battletome. We need to bring 4 books to a game now??

4 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

But it's like old times when you get a whole box of stuff for magic! It's strangely old fashioned and unstreamlined for AoS, but I want to get it for those models! 

You'll probably ber able to get those models in a separate box, I guess.

3 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

RE actually playing AoS 2 though- as other have said- rulebook, GH18, the magic supplement AND your battletome. We need to bring 4 books to a game now??

This is a good point regarding rules bloat. Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a way  you could register what you have  bought(core book, GHB, battletome ect.) via a digital code. Then the official app summarises all of your available rules if you input your army selection (including spells). It could be added to the Azyr section of the app.

Archived