New Start Collecting Boxes spotted

Ben

I'm definitely intrigued by the inclusion of the Gargant in the Ironjawz set.

I think some people are getting over excited thinking it may get a keyword change, whereas I suspect it will just be included in a battalion within this boxset and not be much use outside of that. So, I really hope the battalion gets a matched play points cost so it's at least usable.

I've been tempted by another couple of boxes of Brutes (because 40 is better than 30) and need a Weirdnob as I cut mine in half for something. 12 Gore-gruntas, whilst rubbish, would certainly be fun. I don't need this box, but my inner Megaboss is trying to tell me otherwise. We'll see.

I do actually find the Sylvaneth one quite appealing truth be told...

1 minute ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I'm definitely intrigued by the inclusion of the Gargant in the Ironjawz set.

I think some people are getting over excited thinking it may get a keyword change, whereas I suspect it will just be included in a battalion within this boxset and not be much use outside of that. So, I really hope the battalion gets a matched play points cost so it's at least usable.

I've been tempted by another couple of boxes of Brutes (because 40 is better than 30) and need a Weirdnob as I cut mine in half for something. 12 Gore-gruntas, whilst rubbish, would certainly be fun. I don't need this box, but my inner Megaboss is trying to tell me otherwise. We'll see.

I do actually find the Sylvaneth one quite appealing truth be told...

Yes, looking at the name of the box, "Thunderfist", I am hopeful it will get matched play treatment. Would fit nicely with Ironfist, Gorefist etc. The Ironjawz £50 battalion was called "Smasha Boys" or something. I am trying not to get ahead of myself, but it does hint at intent.

Love the Gargant model and have been playing with the idea of converting one to have loads of armour strapped to him and green face paint to try and fit in with his Orruc friends. 

Probably going to get dragged away from my Beastclaw plans after seeing that Stormcast box though...

11 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I'll be angling to get rid of the weirdnob sprue for a warchanter, just sayin' ;)

The gargant got me thinking about Braggoth's Beast Hammer ... looking over the rules for that ... how does the Beast Hammer work? I mean how does it not break alliance beastclaw? Do you need to take some basic battleline units?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived