Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

11 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

🤔

Steam Tanks had been around for about 250 years by TOW. Do you mean Goblin Hewers? 😬

No no. Steam Tanks. They were scarce in WHFB, but now they aren't anymore. I expect slight changes like this one to happen here and there to accommodate models, like the mages for example.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

No no. Steam Tanks. They were scarce in WHFB, but now they aren't anymore. I expect slight changes like this one to happen here and there to accommodate models, like the mages for example.

I believe to have read a statement from the old world times where they basically mentioned how there are a total of 4 steam tanks in the empire, so yeah rhe production definitely i creased since then😂

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

There was that Warhammer Community article about more than 12 Steam Tanks existing during TOW that got the grogs wound up, but Forces of Fantasy is pretty adamant that 12 Steam Tanks were originally built, with all the usual jargon about them falling into disrepair, and needed to be recovered if lost on the battlefield, with no mention of duplicates having been made, so who knows where that came from. Waiting on the Arcane Journal I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Regarding wizards, I was replying light-heartedly to @michu's statement about there being no 'official' Amber, Grey, or Jade Wizards, by pointing out that while the Old World has certainly fleshed out/fudged the background so that Imperial Armies pre the founding of the Colleges of Magic are able to field wizards, those wizards are not members of the Amber, Grey, or Jade Colleges, owing to them not existing yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vakarian said:

Was it Valrak that said we would get new (as in, resculpted) Knights, Free Company/militia, and great cannon in the box as well, or was that a different source? Curious if we can expect resculpts alongside some completely new models or if it is just these new models (I generally trust Valrak almost as much as Whitefang, given his recent track record).

I think it was a different source : that’s the first Valrak rumours on Empire .

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

There was that Warhammer Community article about more than 12 Steam Tanks existing during TOW that got the grogs wound up, but Forces of Fantasy is pretty adamant that 12 Steam Tanks were originally built, with all the usual jargon about them falling into disrepair, and needed to be recovered if lost on the battlefield, with no mention of duplicates having been made, so who knows where that came from. Waiting on the Arcane Journal I guess. 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn't surprised if they retconed that a bit. It was the same vibe with space marine chapters, the scale didn't make sense when everyone had a steam tank in their army or played space marine haha

14 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

If I remember correctly, the Steam Tanks were supposed to have been created Leonardo da Miragliano (definitely completely different to Leonardo da Vinci), and that the secrets of their creation were lost with his death, hence their limited numbers.

But having there be more is a fine retcon as far as I am concerned.

More, less effective Steam Tanks having been reverse engineered, and exploded/fallen apart between Leonardo's death and the reign of Karl Franz is something I could take.

As long as all the non Leo Steam Tanks look like this dinky boy:

Spoiler

wwarhammer_empire_steam_tank_and_warrior-20-1.jpeg.08bff0422d7fb0d77a9739bc0d53281c.jpeg

:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

More, less effective Steam Tanks having been reverse engineered, and exploded/fallen apart between Leonardo's death and the reign of Karl Franz is something I could take.

As long as all the non Leo Steam Tanks look like this dinky boy:

Hide contents

wwarhammer_empire_steam_tank_and_warrior-20-1.jpeg.08bff0422d7fb0d77a9739bc0d53281c.jpeg

:D 

I'm particular, they should be contractually obliged to be driven by definitely not Bismarck!

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

So with BoC being confirmed to be shifted over to Old World, do you think they'll get a decent refresh? 

Short term? No. I think they'll get the same sort of treatment we've seen with TOW so far i.e. re-release of old kits plus a handful of resin characters and maybe a new plastic kit.

Longer term? Maybe. I'd be surprised if GW haven't got a bunch of STLs for new BoC sculpts squirrelled away on their computers, and if they think they'll sell then they'll make them.

• LOVE IT! 1

The only thing I'm expecting with TOW beastmen is maybe rerelease of Morghur, since he's the only character likely to be present in TOW's events.

Maybe another new resin named character appropriate for this time period, but I'm certainly not expecting a new unit box like bretonnian knights on foot.

1 minute ago, Sarouan said:

The only thing I'm expecting with TOW beastmen is maybe rerelease of Morghur, since he's the only character likely to be present in TOW's events.

Maybe another new resin named character appropriate for this time period, but I'm certainly not expecting a new unit box like bretonnian knights on foot.

I think this is probably the right approach to take. Don't get too hopeful and you won't be disappointed. I think, at the moment, I'd assume O&G is the baseline minimum i.e. a handful of resin characters. In this case, I assume we'll get Morghur (like you say), and a generic resin character (Bullgor, Bray Shaman or maybe a Wargor). If we're lucky you'll get more than one generic resin character.

14 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

In this case, I assume we'll get Morghur (like you say), and a generic resin character (Bullgor, Bray Shaman or maybe a Wargor). If we're lucky you'll get more than one generic resin character.

They'll totally re-release the previously OOP metal generic characters, and maybe older edition metal minotaurs / some very old Citadel beastmen references like the different types of "beasts" other than universal goat of chaos. ;)

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

I think this is probably the right approach to take. Don't get too hopeful and you won't be disappointed. I think, at the moment, I'd assume O&G is the baseline minimum i.e. a handful of resin characters. In this case, I assume we'll get Morghur (like you say), and a generic resin character (Bullgor, Bray Shaman or maybe a Wargor). If we're lucky you'll get more than one generic resin character.

I agree with you but man, could they use some new minotaurs...

I'd love to see some really pitiable Drakwald mutant minis released to fight alongside Beastmen.

Mutants are probably the most documented things in WFB/WFRP to have never received models, and it'd be neat to see the contemptable buggers finally get their turn. No idea how they'd function in game though. Even worse Ungor?

noble_mutant_artwork.jpg.3b165a9775db1bc230fcaeb6b117ce74.jpg

I've always loved this guy's mutant inclusive Beastman army, which if I can remember far back enough to Warseer started out as a WFRP inspired Drakwald army before being switched to rounds (and might still be, he's been careful enough to remove the Stormcast paraphernalia from his Herdstone):

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/11/21/21st-nov-stephen-cranstons-beasts-of-chaosgw-homepage-post-4/

https://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Hamish+Longstride

d7a728a67d909e714c0774e22cb806f2.jpg.3531fe39b56ab61a409036565d65497f.jpgc4015b7f368e6b4871809f49debe0579.jpg.2a45a63bf5021c8312f640a48c6ca1ed.jpg

8c6744c9d42ec2cb9e8885b54ff744d0.jpg.c1adeab6182cf64d27cae08bf7eb72fc.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Sarouan said:

They'll totally re-release the previously OOP metal generic characters, and maybe older edition metal minotaurs / some very old Citadel beastmen references like the different types of "beasts" other than universal goat of chaos. ;)

Probably, but there have been metal Black Orc bosses on foot before, and yet GW released a new resin one, so I reckon at least one new generic seems likely.

5 hours ago, Jamopower said:

I’m hoping for 5th edition metal beastmen. They are some of the best models, but very hard to get nowadays (and I sold mine for cheap back in the day).

Special love for the original metal ungor. They're so miserable and weedy looking in a way the bigger, buffer plastics never managed to quite capture

c2005usscp0202-00.jpg.1b639cdcdc09f4cd2d40751eaca934fa.jpg

My money's on the 6th ed Pestigor and Khorgor coming back, if only as made to order

5m7u6nmnurx41.webp.cc37dd3dbab19604e54eed8afda06e7b.webp

Khorngor_M01.jpg.43127e4583e7a2fdcf1d650ef9cda37d.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/6/2024 at 7:42 AM, Double Misfire said:

Special love for the original metal ungor. They're so miserable and weedy looking in a way the bigger, buffer plastics never managed to quite capture

c2005usscp0202-00.jpg.1b639cdcdc09f4cd2d40751eaca934fa.jpg

My money's on the 6th ed Pestigor and Khorgor coming back, if only as made to order

5m7u6nmnurx41.webp.cc37dd3dbab19604e54eed8afda06e7b.webp

Khorngor_M01.jpg.43127e4583e7a2fdcf1d650ef9cda37d.jpg

This would be fantastic. The Pestigors have always been such amazingly designed minis. It’s so surprising they never made a comeback.

• Like 1