Warhammer: The Old World News and Rumours Thread

What do people Think we’ll see next week if indeed the Dwarfs are next. I’ve heard Rumours of a King/Lord on Shield Bearers and a Lot of Murmurs about the Tank that was never released. I’d like to see the White Dwarf return with a table top worthy miniature (my biggest pet hate that he was always in fancy dress). Can’t wait to see the Dawi return. 

19 minutes ago, Kronos said:

What do people Think we’ll see next week if indeed the Dwarfs are next. I’ve heard Rumours of a King/Lord on Shield Bearers and a Lot of Murmurs about the Tank that was never released. I’d like to see the White Dwarf return with a table top worthy miniature (my biggest pet hate that he was always in fancy dress). Can’t wait to see the Dawi return. 

Mostly, I would like to see a roadmap for the Core Factions just to have an idea of the pacing that they are planning for TOW

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Yeah I think there will be a new plastic Grombrindal probably/hopefully for ToW as wells AoS, resin king/lord on shield bearers seems likely. I doubt very much we will get that tank, maybe in the future but who knows? From Peachy's description I'd love a couple of those tanks but I get the feeling they are concentrating on bringing back the ranges rather than adding to them, the Brets and Tomb Kings being the exceptions at the moment. They might showcase all the Dawi they are bringing back and hopefully there will be some classics like the O&G got.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kronos said:

A return of the kit from the starter box with the little pony drawn carriage, I alway liked the look as a bit of secenery or set piece.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kronos said:

4chan rumors to be taken with HUGE amount of salt :

Dwarf battalion box contents:
 -2 Dwarf Cannon (this kit can be built as either a Dwarf Cannon or Dwarf Organ Gun)
 -32 Dwarf Warriors (including Champion, Standard Bearer and Musician)
-32 Thunderers/Quarrellers (can be assembled as Thunderers, Quarrellers and Rangers, including Champion, Standard Bearer and Musician).

New miniatures (FW resin heroes):
-Dwarf king with shield bearers
-Daemon slayer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Mostly, I would like to see a roadmap for the Core Factions just to have an idea of the pacing that they are planning for TOW

Not official roadmap seems to be a core factions release every 3 months divided in 3 waves :

O&G - spring ( april/may)

Dwarfs- summer ( july/August)

5th faction unknown - autumn 

2025: rest of 4 core factions every 3 months as well

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

4chan rumors to be taken with HUGE amount of salt :

Dwarf battalion box contents:
 -2 Dwarf Cannon (this kit can be built as either a Dwarf Cannon or Dwarf Organ Gun)
 -32 Dwarf Warriors (including Champion, Standard Bearer and Musician)
-32 Thunderers/Quarrellers (can be assembled as Thunderers, Quarrellers and Rangers, including Champion, Standard Bearer and Musician).

New miniatures (FW resin heroes):
-Dwarf king with shield bearers
-Daemon slayer

I’m going to Hazard a guess that the Slayer is actually a reference to the previously released Dwarf Command which would follow the similar released Orcs are getting with their re-released command. 

IMG_7104.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Orcs & Goblins pre-orders next week.

Great !

But where is the Orc Shaman and his totally-not-AOS-pot-grot-lad ??

BTW, I'm really happy to see AJs continuning to bring characterful side units additions like "Badland Ogre Bulls" !

EDIT : the classifying between metal, resin and made-to-order metal still makes ZERO sense to me... :/ 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

Interesting, just the two armies of  infamy and two special characters. The weird new shaman has a little bit of troll in him a la Grom.

Some more subtle expectation-management language towards the end saying it will take a long time for the 9 core factions to get their stuff released, and the scale of the project has grown (presumably after it shrunk at first during development) and leaving the door open for other stuff to come back in scope

Trying to thread the "Kislev and Cathay will come later, but buy other stuff in the meantime and don't get mad at us for saying they're not actually coming until then" needle

On 3/15/2024 at 6:52 AM, cyrus said:

Not official roadmap seems to be a core factions release every 3 months divided in 3 waves :

O&G - spring ( april/may)

Dwarfs- summer ( july/August)

5th faction unknown - autumn 

2025: rest of 4 core factions every 3 months as well

I'm not so sure. We are only midway through March and O+G are up for preorder already and we may see the next faction reveal in a couple of days at Adepticon. I think they are roughly going for 2 factions a quarter with all 9 factions released by Q1 2025. The first "Campaign" book released in the spring/summer of next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

I'm not so sure. We are only midway through March and O+G are up for preorder already and we may see the next faction reveal in a couple of days at Adepticon. I think they are roughly going for 2 factions a quarter with all 9 factions released by Q1 2025. The first "Campaign" book released in the spring/summer of next year. 

This is from yesterday almanack on Warcom :

"What’s Next?
Danny: It’s fair to say that Warhammer: The Old World is here to stay, and we’ve got a wonderful time period to explore (not wonderful for people living there, but from a storytelling perspective!)

JTY: We’ve got nine core factions – that’s a lot of models to bring back, and we can’t do that all at once…

Dan**: The painting team would probably crumble at that point!

JTY: There is a mountain yet to climb with our plans for the Old World, and even with so many people working on it (including in the factories, the painting and photography studios, and even the box design). The amount of plastic, metal, and resin we need to bring back for nine factions is a lot – and it’s going to take us quite a long time.

Danny: The game has been incredibly well received, and it’s great that there’s so much passion – the scope of the project has grown, so please bear with us.

JTY: We aim to do this forever. We have planned books for the next [redacted] years – we have all these miniatures planned and clear ideas of what we’re working towards, but we have to get there! We’re reintroducing the world and the setting over the course of nine Arcane Journals. Once that’s done… who knows?""

• Like 2

More of these, and not just for Orc and Goblin players:

GJCtZ9SWQAAnnEP.jpg.2e452898bbc1ab3c391c664fcc2aaff7.jpg

GJCtwvIXgAAuIdA.jpg.4da5aa7b704de004a82c9e1e957575dd.jpg

Looks like everybody can take ogres, and Warriors and Beastmen get the really tall giant.

Canonically TOW predates Ungrim Ironfist learning the downside of hiring ogres, which is topical because he got a new mini today.

10 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Canonically TOW predates Ungrim Ironfist learning the downside of hiring ogres, which is topical because he got a new mini today.

There's a story behind this I'm not familiar with. What happened?

43 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

There's a story behind this I'm not familiar with. What happened?

Story dating back to the 4th ed Battle Bestiary and expanded on in the Dogs of War armybook. Golgfag and his ogres (for a fee) helped Ungrim defeat a massive orc army at the Battle of Broken Leg Gulley (a net win for Ungrim, Thorgrim rewarded him with the dragon cloak his TOW model lacks after), only to sign on with some other orcs and become a thorn in Ungrim's side later.

Ungrim later captured and imprisoned Golfgfag, along with most of the orc and goblin army he'd joined. During his short stay in dwarf jail, Golgfag got so hungry he ate all the orcs and goblins, and then his ogres, bar Skaff, his best mate, who out of sentimentality he decided to eat slow, and had only eaten the leg of when the dwarfs discovered him. Ungrim was so impressed/horrified he had Golgfag taken a very long way away from Karak Kadrin and released.

Golgfag and Skag, note the missing leg:

warhammer_fantasy__regiment_of_renown_golgfags_mercenary_ogres_1424571402_cbd27227.jpg.d4e74c598c70570b55d5105acc9e0515.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Story dating back to the 4th ed Battle Bestiary and expanded on in the Dogs of War armybook. Golgfag and his ogres (for a fee) helped Ungrim defeat a massive orc army at the Battle of Broken Leg Gulley (a net win for Ungrim, Thorgrim rewarded him with the dragon cloak his TOW model lacks after), only to sign on with some other orcs and become a thorn in Ungrim's side later.

Ungrim later captured and imprisoned Golfgfag, along with most of the orc and goblin army he'd joined. During his short stay in dwarf jail, Golgfag got so hungry he ate all the orcs and goblins, and then his ogres, bar Skaff, his best mate, who out of sentimentality he decided to eat slow, and had only eaten the leg of when the dwarfs discovered him. Ungrim was so impressed/horrified he had Golgfag taken a very long way away from Karak Kadrin and released.

Golgfag and Skag, note the missing leg:

warhammer_fantasy__regiment_of_renown_golgfags_mercenary_ogres_1424571402_cbd27227.jpg.d4e74c598c70570b55d5105acc9e0515.jpg

This is so Oldhammer! I'd expect a rewriting if this to make it fit with more modern Warhammer style (Dwarfs taking orcs prisoner? No way) but I think there's a good chance it'll feature given he's missing his dragon cloak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

This is so Oldhammer! I'd expect a rewriting if this to make it fit with more modern Warhammer style (Dwarfs taking orcs prisoner? No way) but I think there's a good chance it'll feature given he's missing his dragon cloak.

Bloody hell, I was wrong. I just went and checked the Stuff of Legends page for Golgfag's very first Regiment of Renown, and this story actually dates back to 1st edition, I just read it for the first time in 4th 🤣

Ungrim isn't named in this version mind, he's just a 'Dwarf leader'

• Like 1

Watched one of the newer Square Based youtube vids. It was interesting to hear Rob saying that he never heard the statement "the scope of this project has grown" before for another GW game. He also mentions that intern GW TOW is the most played game by GW employees by far. Which ofcourse can't be verified, but sounds great nonetheless. 😄

All very exciting!

For the new O&G stuff. The Arcane Journal: O&G tribes, new Black Orc bigboss and old Warhammer Forge Command set are already sold out. (Cards too, but this is always the case for every game). For the old stuff: Orc Shaman and doomdiver catapult are sold out.

It's clear that the new stuff sells out fast. I am quite happy that the Arcane Journals sell out so fast.