2024 and you - What’s your Hobby Plans?

Gaz Taylor

I want to get my mojo back and paint stuff up. I am trying to work through some stuff for memoir 44 which is a world war 2 game. I also have a couple of Bloodbowl teams in need of painting.

I want to clear out my collection of painted minis so someone can get some enjoyment from them. 

I will be running a wfrp campaign and would like to get back into wargaming if the time allows. 

This is a great topic for a thread! Good luck at the new job Gaz.

For 2024 I think I would like to focus just a few small monthly goals, mainly to paint 1 hero or unit per month. I think to keep it simple I'll focus on 3 projects: Kruleboyz, Sylvaneth and High Elves. 

The harder decision is to part with some projects I realistically will not get around to. So will need to go through my closet and make those hard choices. 

• Like 2

Thanks to additions to my Sylvaneth from Belthanos and his box, and Stormbringer, I will have I think close to 3,000 points of tree people and bugs, nearly all unpainted at this stage.

So I'd better bulk buy brown contrast paints for 2024 😀

I will also continue work on my more varied Tzeentch stuff. Not so much an army, more an excuse to kitbash mutants.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1

First off, good luck to everyone struggling or in a limbo, as there seem to be a few such people! Wishes for the best.

For myself, I'm trying to finish my 40k army quickly so I have a fully painted army for both AoS and 40k for events. Then I'll head back to AoS, likely to S2D. Might get some Underworlds warbands in the mix to fill gaps. I also want to get my Seraphon assembled even if S2D needs to be painted first, so that's a project too. And while I don't expect them in 2024, Tyrionic Lumineth could easily throw everything off to the side for a refiguring of priorities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shamefully nothing really AoS on the slate currently. In all my years in the hobby I’ve not actually built and painted a full force of anything, I tend to flit between projects, buying stuff, building some, painting less. I’m planning to try and knuckle down and get a full force done (a 2000pt list of Heresy Death Guard). I’ve just finished off a couple of tester models and while I didn’t love the painting process still, it feels doable. I also see a Tau force in the horizon if the Kroot rumours pan out (which they seem to be doing). 

I would like to settle on an AoS force later in the year if I actually get the rest done for once though. Seraphon, Cities of Sigmar, Flesh Eater Courts and Lumineth Realm Lords are all contenders, plus seeing what else comes out for AoS!

Currently my biggest project, is painting and building/converting my iron warriors for horus heresy.

as well as my imperialis Militia force I’ve started building.

they’ll be my iron warriors meatshields, yes-yes.

as for aos….. well I’m currently writing a homebrew skaven faq, so I might be working on that as for models….. I’m not really motivated to paint any of them.

I guess I could see myself starting a small paint project on skaven again once the old world has there pdf released, but aos just took my joy away from playing skaven in total, which is probably why I started writing a homebrew faq for the skaven

Edited by Skreech Verminking

I wanna paint more of my stuff (Disciples of Tzeentch/Thousand Sons, more scenery, odd one-offs here and there) and I'm currently having a hard time not getting a second army. FEC really calls to me, although I'd probably also get skeletons and a couple of Nighthaunt to mix into them and run them all with FEC rules. My friends wouldn't mind and I love mixed Death forces since I've played Castlevania on the NES. But truth be told, if I was faster and didn't hate building minis (I hate removing flash, I'm a bit obsessive about that) so much, I'd probably own a Seraphon, Cities and now FEC army already and would love to get Skaven. And Ironjawz. Nids. More Chaos. Iyanden (or anything with lots of Wraithguards). So many cool armies out there... thank God I've learned to stick to my guns cause else I'd need a gigantic flat, I'd be hopeless!

If I keep strong I won't really buy all that much most likely as I got pretty much everything but I need to turn those grey masses into something a little more fitting. We shall see... I'm at a point where I'd bet against myself staying strong though! xD

I'd also like to finally print parts for my own custom leader but first I'd need to 3d model them. Probably just gonna use the Thaumaturge's warscroll for him. So yeah, all in all pretty easy goals for me - I can't set challenging goals for myself as I'm terribly lazy, a slow perfectionist and I got a lot of real life stuff to deal with too. But such a slow pace is enjoyable to me. 

My plans are mostly non-AoS related. I have felt a bit of fatigue with AoS during the last year: gaming-wise I don't have enough time to engage with the game how I like (that is, competitively) and paint-wise I have now close to 20k painted Stormcasts. Starting a new army is a red line I set for myself to avoid excessive investment into a single system. So, the plans are:

- paint my recently started W'adrhun army for Conquest. The goal is 1500points but getting to 2000 would be sweet

- paint my Winter Court army for Old World (Winterheart Wood Elves) and SAGA Age of Magic (Lords of the Wild). This is a big recycling project as it is completely made with minis I already had (ASOIAF Free Folks, KoW Northern Alliance and a couple of 3d prints)

• LOVE IT! 1

First 4 months will be chill. Maybe just adapting the bases of my old Fantasy army to both ToW and AoS

Then, in may, suposedly I have The Damned crowdfunding minis coming to home, so Ill be some months ocupied with it. the lastest part of the year, I dunno. Im literally holdin until I see what is GW cookin (gw, gimme rats)

Edited by Garrac

I'm currently working between my Votann and Nids in 40k but this year I'd like to get my copy of Cursed City put together and painted. I'm also looking forward to TOW coming out and getting my dwarfs out of storage and starting to paint them once again. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

- paint my recently started W'adrhun army for Conquest. The goal is 1500points but getting to 2000 would be sweet

Awesome! 
Dinor-rider orcs and their damned warchants. Frightening army to play against.

• Like 1

TOW - Bretonnia + Beasts of Chaos

AOS - Seraphon + Cities + (4th Edition hype!

40k - T'au + Aeldari

Also plan on finally making a proper gaming table and getting into some 3D printing. 

Edited by Hollow

This year, I think I'm going big into terrain. I want to be able to put my players into a forest, a town, a castle and a temple, (and spaceship, factory and some other locations for the space campaign) but also make small dioramas for other models.

Edited by zilberfrid

I've had an extremely busy couple of years outside of the hobby space! All positive stuff for the most part, but I'm psyched to get back into things! I've been building up my horde of terrain and working through my Soulblight Gravelords project; my friends are intrigued by Frostgrave, and I just happened to have most the base game's bestiary from my 16+ years of miniatures, so I've been having fun using it as an excuse to plow through some toys! By the time I'm done with the random encounters, I'll have a solid foundation for playing Soulblight

Outside of building the bestiary for frostgrave, I really really want to get everything I own for Chaos Dwarfs built ahead of whatever release they may eventually get. That'll mean finishing off the kitbashed Horns of Hashut army I'd started last year! I have some conversions there I'm extremely proud of, and I'd love to be able to plop down a whole S2D army of 'em!

• Like 1

The wife got me the Praetorian spearhead for Christmas so I should probably do that.  I had a box of immortis guard in limbo for a while.  Plus if the obr dawnbringers box is true I'll probably have that as well.  Other than that I want to try soulbound which I just bought the book for (my first ttrpg actually) and definitely need to get my terrain done now that it seems my army building days are coming to a short pause.