1 hour ago, CDM said:

This quantity surprises me. I was hoping and expecting at least 13/14

The Cavalier-marshal is missing from this list. That makes 12 new kits (13 including Galen & Doralia Ven Denst, for 22 kits dating from WHB).

This is one of GW's biggest releases at the moment. Astra Militarum also had 12 new kits and the Leagues of Votann had 11, to take example of recent big releases.

• Like 3

As weird as it may sound, I've decided that my decision whether or not to go in on the new models will be dictated on if the wooden parts of the model has sculpted definition. If not, there's pretty much no way I will be able to do them justice and the pedantic side of my brain will forever judge me, knowing they're supposed to be textured.

• Haha 3

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

As weird as it may sound, I've decided that my decision whether or not to go in on the new models will be dictated on if the wooden parts of the model has sculpted definition. If not, there's pretty much no way I will be able to do them justice and the pedantic side of my brain will forever judge me, knowing they're supposed to be textured.

I'm sure this day and age they do!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I guess there’s always the campaign books…. Though I doubt they will drop another hero or unit in there. But then again it would get people to buy another book, seems like a pretty scumming thing they could tap into lol

They did that with dexcessa and synessa a couple of months after their battletome in aos2, itself a couple months after the HoS vs DoK boxset where the only new model was a foot hero, so I really wouldn't put it past them

24 minutes ago, Draznak said:

The Cavalier-marshal is missing from this list. That makes 12 new kits (13 including Galen & Doralia Ven Denst, for 22 kits dating from WHB).

This is one of GW's biggest releases at the moment. Astra Militarum also had 12 new kits and the Leagues of Votann had 11, to take example of recent big releases.

True. Edited it, skipped it on my excel hehe.

To complete the list with the rest of the AoS models for CoS:

Forbidden Power
Galen & Doralia ven Denst
Hexbane's Hunters
Krondspine Incarnate of Ghur
Malign Sorcery

And on Legends:
Excelsior Warpriest
Heroes from Cursed City:

• Jelsen Darrock
  • Emelda Braskov
  • Glaurio ven Alten III
  • Cleona Zeitengale
  • Octren Glimscry
  • Brutogg Corpse-Eater
Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 4

I think GW took the sensible approach. As a community we've wishlisted some of the most extravagant and esoteric things over the years for when they redo humans but they've gone for a very grounded force but also some magic sprinkled in. I think they've nailed it!

I'm surprised at no greatsword replacement and I think I would of preferred they kept the wanderers models rather than the monopose dark elf ones (privateers, beastmasters, chariot, cold one knights, sorceress are great still) but this has been a very good release. I'm still hoping for more artillery and something cog related! Also something that goes with order of azyr or devoted is clearly missing. Hopefully one day!

I'm not starting a new army but with the wildcorps boxes I've got a really good looking warband starting now. 2 boxes to go with the van densts, Jelson Darrock and the Hexbanes hunters I've got I'm not far from a small game force now!

• Like 1

I think this is a great release especially when you compare it to other factions.  They did say it was going to be a large one.  I don’t understand why folks want to see more.  They are encouraging proxing so if we want to use warrior priests or what have you there at places in the warscroll for every model.  It sucks stuff is going away but like people have said we have known this was gonna happen ever since the launch of AoS and all the kits that have retired over the years.  I miss the swifthawk agents and the boar Boyz that made me quit orruks and convert them to 40k.

im totally ready for this release and I hope it gets me motivated to work on my projects.

• Like 2

On first impressions, I like the final model range and new rules. I appreciate the simplification and a lot of the units seem viable. The book doesn't necessarily encourage mixing dwarves, humans and elves, but doesn't really punish you for it, either. You can still build in power pairs like last book. The loss of coalition rules is surprising, but I guess GW wanted to avoid a repeat of the last book where frequently the best lists were more than 50 percent Stormcast by points.

Btw, what colour schema would you opt for? And transfers? I think I would go for a custom one that would be Settler's Gain replacing the blue with black or dark grey. Doubting about the gold bits, and for the transfer the miscelaneous one in the middle. The golden twin tailed comet. For the religious units the twin tailed comet with golden aura.

LDPazFA.jpeg

Tf2fmkx.jpeg

4zezQPw.jpeg

XvghhBS.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, what colour schema would you opt for? And transfers? I think I would go for a custom one that would be Settler's Gain replacing the blue with black or dark grey. Doubting about the gold bits, and for the transfer the miscelaneous one in the middle. The golden twin tailed comet. For the religious units the twin tailed comet with golden aura.

LDPazFA.jpeg

Tf2fmkx.jpeg

4zezQPw.jpeg

XvghhBS.jpeg

Greywater my beloved.

Settler's Gain would look incredible with some Lumineth. I'd love Lethis with a darker purple, and the cyan on Vindicarum looks really good. Might have to do some allied detachments if I ever get bored of painting black and yellow.

Interestingly there appears to be some slight continuity with the WHFB empire range. Check out the puff-and-slash around the gunner's jerkins. Makes me feel that with the right scheme, minis like the general on griffon and the steam tank commander could be tied in well.

AoS CitiesReveal Aug4 Image4

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

LDPazFA.jpeg

Thank Sigmar there's still some miscellaneous heraldry in there... I think I'm going for a homebrew city, I don't want to be coralled by an official color scheme and play that subfaction over and over again. Even if I do like the Living City, Lethis and Exelcis schemes are great. Greywater looks great but I already have another army that's in a yellow and black color scheme. Living City and Lethis look cool but I don't know if I want to invest in Sylvaneth or Cities monsters, but SCE priests look cool and so are skulls/bone bits. 

If I go homebrew my color scheme will be a bright blue (think Caledor Sky) and a light grey (Celestra Grey) with dark steel and black shield rims but I do feel this is too close to Settler's gain, and my WFB Middenland army who was also blue and grey, and I don't know how these colors will mix... Help me decide pls I don't know what to do is this homebrew color scheme idea good

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Thank Sigmar there's still some miscellaneous heraldry in there... I think I'm going for a homebrew city, I don't want to be coralled by an official color scheme and play that subfaction over and over again. Even if I do like the Living City, Lethis and Exelcis schemes are great. Greywater looks great but I already have another army that's in a yellow and black color scheme. Living City and Lethis look cool but I don't know if I want to invest in Sylvaneth or Cities monsters, but SCE priests look cool and so are skulls/bone bits. 

If I go homebrew my color scheme will be a bright blue (think Caledor Sky) and a light grey (Celestra Grey) with dark steel and black shield rims but I do feel this is too close to Settler's gain, and my WFB Middenland army who was also blue and grey, and I don't know how these colors will mix... Help me decide pls I don't know what to do is this homebrew color scheme idea good

Fun fact, your profile pic appears in the book quoted as Settle's Gain Cavalier.

What about one of the two references I attached? I had them back when I was thinking about my SC color scheme.

0ecb5e101341fbbd05f16fcf76e59464.jpg

1.jpg

08a6a79c89c64b612b24ed6a9838cd60.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

11 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What about one of the two references I attached? I had them back when I was thinking about my SC color scheme.

They reminds me about a Lordaeron color scheme. That remind me about the insane amount of wasted hours playing Warcraft 3...

Edited by Beliman
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Beliman said:

They remain me about a Lordaeron color scheme. That remind me about the insane amount of wasted hours playing Warcraft 3...

Yeah, the first one looks like the Alliance indeed. I think is a nice way to look for colour schemes, looking at other games.

• Like 2

I'm pretty happy with the new book. The "Oops! All Guns!" list I wanted to build looks pretty viable. The Steam Tank has got to be the most improved unit in the book.

i'm not 100% sold on the Fusil-Major, but I suppose sniping unit champions and standard bearers is pretty good. Plus he's necessary as a guy who can pass on orders to Fusiliers.

I think this army is going to look super impressive on the tabletop. Steam Tanks, Gyrocopters, all the Castelite stuff, a Hurricanum, maybe a marshal and command corps... I can't wait to see it take shape.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Fun fact, your profile pic appears in the book quoted as Settle's Gain Cavalier.

0ecb5e101341fbbd05f16fcf76e59464.jpg

1.jpg

08a6a79c89c64b612b24ed6a9838cd60.jpg

Yeah a Hallowed Knights-like color scheme coul work. I like this Stormhost a lot, maybe my City could emulate them.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm pretty happy with the new book. The "Oops! All Guns!" list I wanted to build looks pretty viable. The Steam Tank has got to be the most improved unit in the book.

i'm not 100% sold on the Fusil-Major, but I suppose sniping unit champions and standard bearers is pretty good. Plus he's necessary as a guy who can pass on orders to Fusiliers.

I think this army is going to look super impressive on the tabletop. Steam Tanks, Gyrocopters, all the Castelite stuff, a Hurricanum, maybe a marshal and command corps... I can't wait to see it take shape.

I feel like going full guns with Greywater will be strong indeed... I sorta want to orient myself towards such a list, but I also want to use some Cavaliers and a Cavalier-Marshal, without playing Excelsis because I don't wanna invest in a Hydra... I am so indecisive lol

19 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

LDPazFA.jpeg

Tf2fmkx.jpeg

4zezQPw.jpeg

XvghhBS.jpeg

At this stage I'm torn between The Living City and Lethis, leaning a bit more towards Living City though I think. I really like the lighter green and brighter steel with a green tint. I don't think I would change too much about it apart from maybe the trim on the shields which I'm tempted to paint with Necro Gold from Scale 75 which is a darker, almost more aged looking gold. For a bit of variety in the units I'm thinking of mixing up the shade of green for the cloth details, like doing a mix of some completely in the lighter green, lighter green with a darker green trim where applicable, entirely darker green like the shields and darker green with a lighter green trim where applicable. The Living City would also thematically go well with my Sylvaneth and Hallowed Knights 

With all that being said I also really like the Lethis scheme, the purple and black mixed with slightly darker steel and off white just looks really nice together so I'm still sorta torn between the two.

15 hours ago, Beliman said:

That remind me about the insane amount of wasted hours playing Warcraft 3...

It wasn't wasted if you had fun.

I assume the Fusiliers are on 32mm bases? (will convert my already converted handgunners) :D 

Edit: Apart from the book looking genereally good (with 4+ nonsense all over the "Xeno" races) my biggest gripe is that I CANNOT ally in my IRONCLAD which I specifically bought for CoS. It makes me furious.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1